Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Ariana’s fans will drag her. Others too.

Why would they? Lana simply said that if other female artists can get hit songs talking about whatever they want, she should be allowed to talk about whatever she wants too in her music without being criticised all the time.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Why would they? Lana simply said that if other female artists can get hit songs talking about whatever they want, she should be allowed to talk about whatever she wants too in her music without being criticised all the time.

Because people are dumb.

Some of the responses are “yoU dun need 2 drAG other girlz to make uR point sry”, clearly not understanding her point.

Not that it matters, i don’t think Lana gives a fuck lol

some people will definitely drag her. Some people love unnecessary drama. 

i gasped this is such good news considering how i didn't have anything to currently look forward to after chromatica... we fucking won!  we fucking won

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

YES FUCK THEM!!!!! The reviews for NFR often rubbed me the wrong way because they were so often centred around the idea that "oh, Lana has finally stopped being the submissive, sad relationship singer, she's finally changed, finally spoken about the world outside of her own ultra feminine construction" etc , and its like, while she may be singing about the end of the world etc she is still all that she embodied before! And now she's affirming it hell yea fuck them do what you want lana

I love that she didn't capitulate to the critics' new vision of her, because those nfr reviews all seemed to be like sighs of relief, as though this new lana is more palatable and thus this is who she is and ought to be and thank God she changed. But she's gonna continue making them uncomfortable. Love also that she called out the general bullshit reviews since 2010. ALSO love that she acknowledges she had a career in 2010 in other words implicitly acknowledging AKA (what if that's the album she's releasing in september :hooker: she did also mention indian reservations too after all)

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Ariana’s fans will drag her. Others too.

September 5th is Saturday btw...

We love free publicity from 12 year olds.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited - but not as excited as I thought I would be. I think it's because I expect her to push the release date back anyway, obviously without even telling us about it. Lol.

She just randomly announced an album after that damn essay. This is why I love her.

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

omg what a morning... i'm shivering, i'm so ready for a new album. :flutter:

2020 is gonna be such a good year musically

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it