Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

the NFR post-release thread is way more positive and less chaotic so i'm gonna just go back over there lol

Oh please, fans have been arguing on both threads, they (and also the iconic Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-release thread :rip: ) were chaotic and messy. But that's what us Lana fans do best, argue with one another, but unite when duty calls!

You bet your *ss I'll be campaigning for Lana to win all the Grammys, even though this is clearly not my favourite record!

giphy.gif

This thread will most likely go from "White Hot Forever Pre-pre release thread" to whatever name Lana is actually going to give this next record. I can't with the "pre-pre"  :lmao:

Please remember to keep discussion pertaining to NFR in the NFR Post-Release Thread

This thread is for the purpose of discussing her next project, White Hot Forever.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I can already hear the obvious production mistakes Jack will make on this album that his fans will play off as being intentional. :lmao:

I can also already tell that there's a LanaBoards user on here that shall remain nameless (his name starts with J and ends with ared) will probably be jerking off to the thought of Lana and Jack, yet again, downplaying themselves with this cheap ass production/mastering approach. RIP Wet Hot American Summer:rip:

Magnum Opus 2.0?  :toofloppy:  

I'm curious to see how her relationship with Sean-the-cop and its future will influence her writing for WHF. If they are still together when it's released, maybe we'll finally have a bunch of tracks on the record that will be about falling in love (and she might finally be happy enough to include fucking Yosemite) 

I'm curious to see how her relationship with Sean-the-cop and its future will influence her writing for WHF. If they are still together when it's released, maybe we'll finally have a bunch of tracks on the record that will be about falling in love (and she might finally be happy enough to include fucking Yosemite) 

i'm actually pretty curious too - is this the first truly "controversial" relationship lana's been in since her rise to fame?? i'll be intrigued to know if there'll be any lyrical themes of maybe like persecuted love, so to speak... i hope to god there's no "wE aRe OnE rAcE tHe HuMaN rAcE" lyrical themes or anything  :toofloppy:  but i doubt she'd do that anyway

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I have a feeling that White Hot Forever could top NFR!. After LFL she had a writing blockade and with NFR! her inspiration came back and I think she is now on fire again :illumilana2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I have a feeling that White Hot Forever could top NFR!. After LFL she had a writing blockade and with NFR! her inspiration came back and I think she is now on fire again :illumilana2:

I'm not sure she could «top» NFR with WHF. It's going to be tough, with the critical acclaim of this record. But it's Lana we're talking here and who knows?

However, she never released a single album that disappointed or that wasn't consistent (yes, even LFL). Some records were better than others, it's true, but none was bad. She is hardworking and she won't put out a half-finished project. 

Can anyone think of any unreleased/unleaked songs we know of that they think might make an appearance on WHF? (eg. Yosemite, RosesSomethingForYou?, I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Can anyone think of any unreleased/unleaked songs we know of that they think might make an appearance on WHF? (eg. Yosemite, RosesSomethingForYou?, I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy)

Anything is possible at this point, because she didn't say much about what it would sound like (I know, it's always changing and it's always to be taken with a grain of salt, even if she said it would be in the vein of NFR).

If the record is guitar-based (or at least a portion of it): Yosemite, I Might Be Stupid for Being so Happy, maybe Hey Blue Baby.

Roses Bloom For You... it sounded beautiful, but I'm having a hard time seeing it on an actual original album. Maybe on a collection of unreleased songs, but on LDR7? Not so sure. But hey, I never thought Doin' Time and TNBAR would end up on NFR, so...

I wonder what the Shangri-la-esque songs left out of NFR sound like...