Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

The fact that Lana’s been bringing out so many smaller artists, specifically ones that play their own instruments too, makes me wonder if she’s also networking to form bonds with more musicians who can help her create whatever she’s going for. She did say what she loved so much about Jack was all the instruments he plays. Imagine how unlimited her musical possibilities would be with a whole posse of multi-instrumentalists by her side. I kind of expect at least a couple of the people she’s invited to perform with her this tour to end up on WHF (or is it just LDR8 now?), whether as actual duets or just as session musicians and harmonies. It would be cool if she got a bunch of smaller musicians in the studio with her to do their own thing on her songs. Even just inviting Zella and Weyes to harmonize with her throughout the album would be magical. Ugh I know it’s unlikely, but imagine she recruited all female indie musicians to make up a backing band for her next album. She did say she’d love to have sort of a band (it would be extra cool though if it was all under appreciated and overly talented women). In general, I like the idea of her highlighting smaller artists in this tour and I’d love for her to give them even small roles on her next album if not full on duets. If not this album, maybe the next one.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I am quite overwhelmed as many of you seemed to love their duet.

It would be nice to get another duet for her upcoming album. But to be honest I would prefer a new song instead of Wicked Game. This song was the reason why I became a fan of Isaak and his band back in 2006 but they are so much more and I wish people would recognize. I have every single song Isaak ever recorded and finally released, and in the meantime I think Wicked Game is his weakest song, lyrically, vocally and musically. He has so many songs that are so much stronger, his voice is insane. A fan fav e.i. is Things Go Wrong.

To be honest I only heard of Chris Isaak and I never listened to his songs. But I really like the live performance of Wicked Game and I like the song Wicked Games.Honestly I didn't checked out other songs of him but after I read your post I want to know more about his discography.

At least we agree that a duet for WHF would be nice. In my opinion they really would fit together in a song

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Two songs that would be great for LDR to cover are ‘So In Love’ by Cole Porter—listen to the great K.D. Lang version—and the 1950s Classic ‘Ebb Tide,’ which has a wonderful beach/surf/ocean theme and series of metaphors.

I don’t think anyone can top Isaak’s version of ‘Wicked Game,’ so I wouldn’t want LDR to try, especially after her flat cover of PDLMBM.

Two songs that would be great for LDR to cover are ‘So In Love’ by Cole Porter—listen to the great K.D. Lang version—and the 1950s Classic ‘Ebb Tide,’ which has a wonderful beach/surf/ocean theme and series of metaphors.

I don’t think anyone can top Isaak’s version of ‘Wicked Game,’ so I wouldn’t want LDR to try, especially after her flat cover of PDLMBM.

I'll listen to the songs you're referring to. But I have to disagree about Nina's cover. On the experience that Honeymoon is, that cover is such a majestic brooch. It always hits me hard.

On the other hand, given the introspective songwriter scheme she seems to be going for last times, I'd love the hear her covering Emilie Autumn's early work. "Second Hand Faith" or "Ever" would be a dream on her voice, and they have a sound so similar to Fiona Apple's, which I think she tried to evocate on NFR.

You'd think the kind of people with enough intellectual qualities to enjoy an artist like Lana Del Rey wouldn't dare sink to the lowest form of clownery by trying to pair a Godlike creature to the likes of... Ariana Grande.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

@@Terrence Loves Me where is your profile pic? :O

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

what kinda vibes do y'all get from "let me love you like a woman"?? it sounds like a sexy, soulful, rock-meets-r&b track to me, but knowing lana it may well be a dry, folky song haha

I can imagine that Lana turns it into a piano ballad (hopefully in a good way)

But I would really like a sexy soulful, rock-meets-r&b track tbh

OiUHEXQ.jpg

I can imagine that Lana turns it into a piano ballad (hopefully in a good way)

But I would really like a sexy soulful, rock-meets-r&b track tbh

i can picture it!! almost jazzy, like the live version of MDM or sad girl without all the production??

me too  :defeated:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i can picture it!! almost jazzy, like the live version of MDM or sad girl without all the production??

me too  :defeated:

Hmm ... I see what you mean. A jazzy song like MDM or SG only/mostly with piano ..... the more I think about it, I would not mind it... if it doesn't ended up flat or boring

OiUHEXQ.jpg

what kinda vibes do y'all get from "let me love you like a woman"?? it sounds like a sexy, soulful, rock-meets-r&b track to me, but knowing lana it may well be a dry, folky song haha

I’m getting sensual piano ballad vibes. The title makes me think of Carole King’s You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman, so I’ve been imagining it as a similar type of song.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I think it's actually a metal screamo song an the chorus goes:

LET :scream: MEE  :scream: LOVE  :scream:  YOUU  :scream: LIKE :scream::scream:  WOMAAAN  :scream:  :burn:  :burn:  :rip:

And then the verses are sweet piano like Love song, no fucking doubt about that. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

can someone send me a masterpost of unreleased, my laptop and phone lost them all

I think it's actually a metal screamo song an the chorus goes:

LET :scream: MEE  :scream: LOVE  :scream:  YOUU  :scream: LIKE :scream::scream:  WOMAAAN  :scream:  :burn:  :burn:  :rip:

And then the verses are sweet piano like Love song, no fucking doubt about that. 

made all the better by lana's new vape voice

Wq9zHLl.jpg

When do we think it will come out? She changes her mind a lot so my guess is spring 2022 at the latest, summer 2021 at the earliest

Its definitely gonna be released by Aug 2020. She will want to use the Grammy nom momentum and go full steam.with the next one. Cause surely Taylor, Ariana and Lizzo wont have another album next year. Mostly Billie wont too.