Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

dream collabs for LDR7???

Β 

as far as collab with other singer(s)... none please.

Β 

but if she were to ditch Jackoff (Β  :worship: ), I'd want Lana to start working with Kevin Parker. Please and thank you.Β  :hooker:

Β 

ME7mAFL.jpg

dream collabs for LDR7???

None :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

i agree w others that she seemed to really enjoy the small town midwest thing during tour and i wouldn’t mind if it seeped into this next album, hopefully it’ll be like aka and songs like 1949, on our way, etc i wouldn’t even mind her faux southern accent i pledge allegiance to the flag americana stuff but i don’t want any god bless our troops i’m dating a cop sentiments :toofunny:

Β 

EDIT: unless it’s playing dangerous :creep:

UbsOye5.png

Ok but color is the vinyl gonna be

Β 

i agree w others that she seemed to really enjoy the small town midwest thing during tour and i wouldn’t mind if it seeped into this next album, hopefully it’ll be like aka and songs like 1949, on our way, etc i wouldn’t even mind her faux southern accent i pledge allegiance to the flag americana stuff but i don’t want any god bless our troops i’m dating a cop sentiments :toofunny:

Β 

EDIT: unless it’s playing dangerous :creep:

I’d honestly be so here for this. A concept

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Not super related to the music, but artwork/aesthetics wise I wish Lana would go back to collab with Neil Krug for the upcoming album. They did beautiful work together in the past! He's currently working on the visuals for Tame Impala's upcoming record and the pictures are just phenomenal! I wish Lana would relegate Chuck to a lesser role, her pictures and editing skills really aren't that impressive (I guess that counts as an unpopular opinion too, oh well).Β 

Β 

Edit: Not saying Chuck is untalented. I've seen her work for various publications, magazines and project she took parts for other artists. For the most part it's actually pretty great! But it just happened that everything she's done with and for Lana has looked so amateur and DIY-ish.

Not super related to the music, but artwork/aesthetics wise I wish Lana would go back to collab with Neil Krug for the upcoming album. They did beautiful work together in the past! He's currently working on the visuals for Tame Impala's upcoming record and the pictures are just phenomenal! I wish Lana would relegate Chuck to a lesser role, her pictures and editing skills really aren't that impressive (I guess that counts as an unpopular opinion too, oh well).Β 

Β 

Edit: Not saying Chuck is untalented. I've seen her work for various publications, magazines and project she took parts for other artists. For the most part it's actually pretty great! But it just happened that everything she's done with and for Lana has looked so amateur and DIY-ish.

The "problem" is that Lana and Chuck are sisters so they are very comfortable around each other. You know what I mean?

I mean it is good for Lana but like you said the results of their work are often looking DIY-ish or amateur. A collab with Neil Krug would be amazing. All the 2014 photoshootings for Ultraviolence were really good. I know you don't like NFR! but I liked the album, nevertheless I would be happy ifΒ  an other producer would jump on a few songs on WHF. I personally really likeΒ  California and Bartender and Doin' Time is pretty good as well and thoseΒ  songs were not produced by Jack Antonoff. I think that would bring more variety into the album evenΒ  all the song are in the same vein

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

Bastille releases this Friday an extension to their June LP « Doom DaysΒ Β», which will contain demos, new songs, rearranged songs (with orchestra) and fan favourites that didn’t make it to earlier LPs.

I wish she did the same with all of her albums, including NFR. Didn’t she say there were « Shagrila-esqueΒ Β» songs from the NFR sessions?

my worst nightmare is lana going back to a doo-wop Lust For Life/Get Free/How To Disappear sound for this album, and i like all those songs lmao idk why i just feel like that sound is almost always cheesy and although i love those tracks i'd dread an entire album of it

Wq9zHLl.jpg

anything but country please. idk why but the title is giving me major country vibes and i hate it i dont want it nobody wants itΒ  :icant:

Hey Blue Baby and stupid for being so happy were cute butΒ  a full album of country songs....you're right

Β 

The only acceptable thingΒ  would be a southern sound like Ride and Angels Forever have... It's not country but yeah

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β 

my worst nightmare is lana going back to a doo-wop Lust For Life/Get Free/How To Disappear sound for this album, and i like all those songs lmao idk why i just feel like that sound is almost always cheesy and although i love those tracks i'd dread an entire album of it

But the chance is still there...the Shagrila-esque outtakes which GemininiLanaFan mentioned above from NFR! are similiar to the LFL title track (according to Lana)

Hopefully she is over this sound...but hope is truly a dangerous thing

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Β 

Β 

I personally did not hate the doo-wop vibes on LFL, but they were very subdued (on the title track and Get Free). If she'd go for a true 60s pop sound, like Nancy Sinatra or the Shangri-Las that would actually be kinda cool in my opinion.

But the chance is still there...the Shagrila-esque outtakes which GemininiLanaFan mentioned above from NFR! are similiar to the LFL title track (according to Lana)

Hopefully she is over this sound...but hope is truly a dangerous thing

:ohno:Β  dear god no

Wq9zHLl.jpg

The only thing I need wouldΒ  be her ultimative rock albumΒ  and the release of Yosemite

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Β 

I personally did not hate the doo-wop vibes on LFL, but they were very subdued (on the title track and Get Free). If she'd go for a true 60s pop sound, like Nancy Sinatra or the Shangri-Las that would actually be kinda cool in my opinion.

i don't know why but i just find it soooooooo like... almost cringe?? i think it reminds me of when a new girl group comes out and their label tries REALLY hard to make them the NEXT BIG THING (but they always flop) and they always have at least one of these '50s/'60s inspired doo-wop tracks and they're always super corny and predictable and bleh. or like when female pop vocalists go thru a "vintage phase" (no shade to Xtina cause Candyman is a banger). maybe it just feels a little toooo much like playing dress up to me.

Β 

that being said, i quite like LFL, definitely like Get Free and even like HTD despite its obvious flaws. but i feel like i've had my fill of that from lana now. but then maybe, as you said, if she went all-out with it, it could actually really work... something as intricate, groovy and perfectly produced as You Keep Me Hangin' On would be great, but if it's only some half-assed bells and a doo-wop beat with predictable backing vocals she can keep it :teehee:

Β 

edit: i think that's my problem... how predictable these tracks tend to be, from anyone!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

i don't know why but i just find it soooooooo like... almost cringe?? i think it reminds me of when a new girl group comes out and their label tries REALLY hard to make them the NEXT BIG THING (but they always flop) and they always have at least one of these '50s/'60s inspired doo-wop tracks and they're always super corny and predictable and bleh. or like when female pop vocalists go thru a "vintage phase" (no shade to Xtina cause Candyman is a banger). maybe it just feels a little toooo much like playing dress up to me.

Β 

that being said, i quite like LFL, definitely like Get Free and even like HTD despite its obvious flaws. but i feel like i've had my fill of that from lana now. but then maybe, as you said, if she went all-out with it, it could actually really work... something as intricate, groovy and perfectly produced as You Keep Me Hangin' On would be great, but if it's only some half-assed bells and a doo-wop beat with predictable backing vocals she can keep it :teehee:

Β 

edit: i think that's my problem... how predictable these tracks tend to be, from anyone!

Β 

I agree for the most part with you! I don't like the title track of LFL all too much, nor do I like the rest of the album all too much either. But Get Free is an amazing song and my favourite from the album! I missed that weird or mysterious composition or instrumentation on NFR to be honest. But I get what you are saying, there have been so many pop girls that have come and go and went for that doo-wop sound, which I didn't care for too much. But somehow if Lana was to make an album with a Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazlewood type of sound, I'd so be here for that! There's something very specific of the time period that they have done on their joint record, I wish Lana would explore a similar sound, this would be so like her.