Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana to be on soundtrack for 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Lana has revealed in a recent interview with The Times that she will be on the soundtrack for the upcoming film 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

"There's a modern retelling of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland that she's writing and composing music for. 'It's more about the story of the author and the real-life Alice back in Cambridge. I have to learn a lot more about it, but the songs are really sweet.'"

Thread with full article

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Lana has revealed in a recent interview with The Times that she will be on the soundtrack for the upcoming film 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

"There's a modern retelling of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland that she's writing and composing music for. 'It's more about the story of the author and the real-life Alice back in Cambridge. I have to learn a lot more about it, but the songs are really sweet.'"

Thread with full article

The true story of Lewis Carroll and the real Alice, Alice Liddell, is a truly rich source of material, so this sounds promising—I wouldn’t want to see just another straightforward attempt to film the Alice books. No previous effort has come close to getting them right.

Viva Lana!

???

what upcoming 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' film? There doesn't seem to be any news of this being in production, unless she is literally the first person attached to the project. 

Also, she seems to be imply she is writing numerous songs requiring research, which leads me to think she is more likely to be writing a body of work. Considering what else she has talked about, is this potentially the stage show that has been mentioned? On the other hand, if it IS a soundtrack I suppose it would be something along the lines of Beck with Scott Pilgrim or Bleachers with Love Simon.

3lfQEhw.png

I was really disappointed with the Disney Alice reboot(sequel to be exact),

so I'm thrilled there's gonna be another film adaptation

..and with MY LANA handling the music?!

I really can't ask more from her this year.

Thread with full article

Sounds like she's doing more than one song?

this month is so fucking weird what the fuck we starve for months months and then BOOM SONGS MUSIC VIDEOS ALBUM RELEASE, ANOTHER ALBUM ANNOUNCEMENT, SOUNDTRACKS INTERVIEWS PHOTOSHOOTS ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

this month is so fucking weird what the fuck we starve for months months and then BOOM SONGS MUSIC VIDEOS ALBUM RELEASE, ANOTHER ALBUM ANNOUNCEMENT, SOUNDTRACKS INTERVIEWS PHOTOSHOOTS ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA

All the feeling was all or nothing

And I took everything I could

That isn't the official title...it's an untitled project. It modernizes the book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but it's not an actual film that's in production yet; the interview says SHE'S writing a film (script?) and songs, but who knows if she'll self-produce or if it'll get picked up by a studio or if nothing ever comes of it, haha. It sounds very much in the research/writing stage.

That said, maybe she should see if her friend Guillermo del Toro would like to direct...?  :brows:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt