1. Honeymoon

2. The Grants

3. White Dress

4. Cruel World

5. Born to Die

6. Ride

7. Love

8. Norman Fucking Rockwell 

10. Textbook (I LOVE LOVE the instrumental, but the Lyrics are kind of clunky & a little cringe worthy 😭)

unnamed.gif

On 4/20/2023 at 5:01 PM, lizzycobain said:

1. Honeymoon

2. The Grants

3. White Dress

4. Cruel World

5. Born to Die

6. Ride

7. Love

8. Norman Fucking Rockwell 

10. Textbook (I LOVE LOVE the instrumental, but the Lyrics are kind of clunky & a little cringe worthy 😭)

You say THIS when Honeymoon is sitting at the top of your ranking????

Ranked as openers:

Honeymoon

White Dress

Cruel World

The Grants 

Norman F*cking Rockwell

Born To Die

Ride

Text Book

Love

Ranked as standalone tracks:

White Dress

Cruel World

Ride

Honeymoon

Text Book

The Grants

Born To Die

Love

Norman F*cking Rockwell

1. nfr

2. cruel world

3. the grants

4. ride

5. love

6. born to die

7. honeymoon

8. white dress

9. text book

:flutter:

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

As openers:

Born to Die - This as an opener will forever be iconic and very very hard to beat. The strings, the beat and the first lines scream opener.
Cruel World - I love how she chose the most chaotic song as Track 1.

Ride - No other song from Paradise could've opened the record.

Norman Fucking Rockwell - I was going to put this a bit lower but then I remembered the strings, excellent piano and first verse lol.
The Grants - Kinda controversial I know, but I feel like it works perfectly fine. She keeps it minimal so the themes and sonic palette develop through the album. Also it's her most emotional opener since Ride.
Honeymoon - Cinematic as hell. Definitely a hard song to listen, let alone as an opener, but she trusted in her vision and it worked great.
White Dress - I think it opens Chemtrails beautifully, but I see it more as Track 2 (no idea what other song would've been an opener though, since they're all so calm)
Text Book - I like this song, but it's a mess of an opener. The extremely lengthy lyrics don't help either.
Love - One of her worst songs and her worst opener ever. I just realized both Love and Text Book have bass intros :rip:

As songs:

White Dress - LYRICS, composition, piano, vocals, feeling, concept... This is a song I always wanted her to make.
Born to Die - This one will stay in my heart until I die.

Honeymoon - I still remember the day this dropped. I was haunted and still am. Good morning to Honeymoon stans only btw.
Norman Fucking Rockwell - Such a cool track. She delivered.
The Grants - Will this ever not make me emotional?
Ride - Incredible song, although it got a bit dated for me. Wish she stopped including it on her tours tbh.
Cruel World - When I listen to it, I love it, but it's a song I never come back to.
Text Book - Same with Cruel World, although CW is miles better.
Love - I was so disappointed when this came out. I legit thought it was an unfinished demo.

1. honeymoon - because of how well it sets the mood for the whole album and how iconic the opening quiet and sexy creepy ass strings are. lyrics and everything else is also so fucking perfect

2. nfr - like honeymoon, but just less captivating and charming. still super beautiful but in a different way, less dark so less “interesting” to me

3. white dress - just an amazing and iconic track thanks to the vocals especially. putting the whole album itself aside, this song as an opener is really a vibe 

4. the grants - if i think of it as an intro in the context of the album more than a proper full song i really like what it transmits 

5.  ride - not a big fan of it but definitely has big opener energy

6. cruel world - just a bit repetitive imo, love the mood it sets though 

7.  born to die - iconic i must admit but not exactly my thing unfortunately. a bit overplayed along with ride

8. text book - i like it but it’s a bit weak

9. love - one of my bottom 4 lana songs ever (along with coachella, let me love you like a woman, breaking up slowly and maybe even lust for life). i don’t care about it at all and find pointless for it to exist

and if i had to include kill kill as well then it would be after white dress