WaitForLife

Rank Lana's Opening Tracks

I never liked BTD, I don't know why. And as much as Kill Kill and Cruel World are far from being my favourite, Cruel World really grew on me, and I love the rythm and ambiance of it as an opener. It's powerful.

ZKcaooE.png

In my opinion, Cruel World. Like Lana says on the track by track, it really sets the tone for the whole record, I love how it's so calm but then so aggressive, beautiful. 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

Kill Kill is a gorgeous track, but somehow it doesn't feel like it's a special opener. It's one of many tracks on AKA which is placed as the first one. Maybe it's the best option on AKA, but .. yeah, for me it doesn't have any big opener qualities.

Ride with it's breeze-opening and the build-up during the song is a good opener but Cruel World has the strongest opener.qualities, since it's mainly a vibe ...a vibe that goes on for 6 minutes, without anything new happening. But yeah, it sets the dark, guitar heavy and somehow coastal vibe for Ultraviolence.

However, the best one in my opinion is Born To Die. It's the Lana-Del-Rey-Anthem, it's dramatic, it has this big string-opening and the dark-lyrics. The topic and the composition of the song are giving an idea of what the album will sound and feel like, but still the song is outstanding and unique on the record.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Ride or Cruel World, but I think they all work well

She always picks such great songs as album openers....not always the best choices for closing tracks imo

They are all so good, but especially Ride. The humming at the beginning is absolutely perfect, and I don't even like Ride that much. Kill Kill would be my second (I might be biased since I love LDR). Cruel World's guitar intro is good but could have been a little longer imo. Born to Die is alright but it could have been anywhere else in the tracklist and it would have been okay. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Wow, all her album openers are really strong. I chose "Cruel World" just because I think it sets such a perfect tone for the record and it also happens to be my favorite from the album whereas none of the other openers are my favorite song.

H0bDaqU.gif

"Video Games" is the first song in my Lana playlist.  I think it would've been a great opening track for Born To Die.  "Ride" is my pick for the opener to Paradise, and "Cruel World" or "Brooklyn Baby" for Ultraviolence.