Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Music Video

I think its gonna be a cohesive story like video?

Maybe NFR-HiAB-Bartender.

Morning-Afternoon-Night.

Your thinking is correct. Nfr is this video, hiab with the butterflies and bartender when they're dressed in black and meditating

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

i actually don't mind that this one is a homemade video, it suits that day-in-the-life feel that she described. and it's nice to see her in her natural habitat  :flutter:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

The images of the people in her sunglasses getting married is low-key my favourite thing in any of her videos.

I just wish it were better quality cause that would otherwise really stand out imo

I find it all really interesting, because I immediately thought of the Prince of Pasta when I saw the images in the glasses.

There's the wedding, a couple on the beach at sunset (she and Pasta did such a shoot), and a couple holidaying on a boat or near the sea ... and they holidayed quite a lot in Italy.

He is also the creative director of the company that made the video.

I would dismiss the images in the glasses as generic but I don't think so.

I'm not suggesting anything about her and Pasta; I really don't know what it all means. Maybe the rest of the video will shed some light.

I totally thought this song was about G-Eazy because he definitely thinks his poetry is good and I can imagine him being a little bitch and blaming the news, acting like a child, etc.

Also there are two slightly different images, one in each lens. I'm sure that means something, too.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I took it as her seeing all these perfect "Norman Rockwell" relationship images while acknowledging that her relationship is kinda messed up, which I love.

I've changed how I interpret the song; at first I thought she was comparing the man to Norman Rockwell (the actual artist), but after reading her interview: "Del Rey told Vanity Fair earlier this year that the album name was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the state of the American Dream. “It was kind of an exclamation mark: so this is the American dream, right now,” she said, adding that “this is where we’re at—Norman fucking Rockwell. We’re going to go to Mars, and Trump is president, all right.” The album is named for the iconic 1940s illustrator known for his patriotic depictions of America during World War II, a time when it seemed that America at least attempted to market itself as standing for some ideal."

So, the title of the song/album is a sarcastic take on America and on her relationship, like, "things are crazy in this country and I'm fucking a man-child who's a pretentious mess, not exactly a Norman Fucking Rockwell painting, now is it?!" :lmao: We stan a sarcastic queen.

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

I find it all really interesting, because I immediately thought of the Prince of Pasta when I saw the images in the glasses.

There's the wedding, a couple on the beach at sunset (she and Pasta did such a shoot), and a couple holidaying on a boat or near the sea ... and they holidayed quite a lot in Italy.

He is also the creative director of the company that made the video.

I would dismiss the images in the glasses as generic but I don't think so.

I'm not suggesting anything about her and Pasta; I really don't know what it all means. Maybe the rest of the video will shed some light.

I totally thought this song was about G-Eazy because he definitely thinks his poetry is good and I can imagine him being a little bitch and blaming the news, acting like a child, etc.

Also there are two slightly different images, one in each lens. I'm sure that means something, too.

Yas thanks for the info

I also thought it would be about G-eazy but I sent it cause iwant that loser to stop being an inspiration to her cause he doesn't deserve the recognition. 

why is sis pretending that she can play the piano?

I laughed the entire time ... I thought she could actually play it, at least a little?

Didn't she play a song for Moby on his piano before declaring that he should be guillotined?

Obviously, she just couldn't be bothered making it look convincing, and/or didn't think we'd notice.

We noticed, sis. :agree:

I am so fascinated by the scenes in the glasses.....

I wanna know more,

the one of the "couple" on the boat when she takes the glasses off reminded me of lana and Francesco when the paparazzi got their photos and the beach  ... but surely he and her do not talk anymore even if he is a creative director for the company that made the video? 

any idea when this video will come?

I am so fascinated by the scenes in the glasses.....

I wanna know more,

the one of the "couple" on the boat when she takes the glasses off reminded me of lana and Francesco when the paparazzi got their photos and the beach  ... but surely he and her do not talk anymore even if he is a creative director for the company that made the video? 

any idea when this video will come?

The song itself is about these famous creative types she gets tied up with.

So I think that maybe the images represent how those relationships are always in the public eye ("you blame the news"). And as I said there are two different images, one in each lens ... so maybe one is like ... reality versus public perception? It's difficult to tell because you can't really see them clearly, but that'd be my guess.

I would assume that she and Pasta are on OK terms, given that Chuck is a photographer and he is a creative director for the same company. Like, I don't think I'd work with my sister's ex if they despised each other.

She really dodged a bullet with him, though. His womanising ways are well-known. I'm surprised Anna Wintour let him marry her daughter, but that's a whole other conversation ...

I laughed the entire time ... I thought she could actually play it, at least a little?

Didn't she play a song for Moby on his piano before declaring that he should be guillotined?

Obviously, she just couldn't be bothered making it look convincing, and/or didn't think we'd notice.

We noticed, sis. :agree:

what I'm even more perplexed about is that she's credited as playing horns on California?