Elle

3 Part Video for Norman Fucking Rockwell, Bartender, & Happiness is a Butterfly - OUT NOW

Without any attempt for drama or talking abput priviledge: the video is terrible. Especially the Bartendes segment. Back in the day, her homemade vids were moody and fit the atmosphere of the song they belonged to.

This is just random footage of a grown woman behaving like a rich 16 year old schoolgurl who thinks she's cRaZy N cUtE overlapping a beautiful, emotional and atmospheric piano ballad. It's extremely BAD from any artistic point of view since the incoherence doesn't even seem like an active decision. There is nothing "to get" here, no matter how hard self-proclaimed dyhard stans pretend.

I consider NFR an excellent album but it's sad to see how much her quality as a visual artist with a feeling for the right mood has decayed since the Honeymoon era.

One order of "self-proclaimed diehard stan pretending 'to get' something out of her most recent NFR trio-video" [hold the fries]:

So ... maybe I was wrong thinking all the critical acclaim she was getting for her "newfound" maturity would make it even less likely she would release a retrospective leaks/unreleased album. I mean if the video (or her releasing it) were some kind of caustic/ironic reaction to all the critics calling her more "mature" these days, then anything's (still) possible. #silverLinings #justiceForGangsterBoy

While all of y’all are complaining about it being “too simple” and “meaningless” I’m over here wondering when the NFR part was actually filmed. VB was a video combining the HIAB & Bartender parts a little bit. So we know it was filmed over a year ago

Also, while you’re complaining, don’t forget that FIILY&TG video DOES exist and she can do high budget videos or small videos with her sister BECAUSE SHE SIMPLY WANTS TO. She doesn’t have to serve you anything on a silver platter lol and i get the criticisms, especially bc we’ve seen a lot of the footage. If this footage was all new to you all, would you think any differently about it? It isn’t meant to be criticized the same as a high budget mv. That’s not the point of the video at all lol that doesn’t dismiss your opinions that you’re allowed to have, but you’re not looking at it from more than one perspective. It’s a lot of the “ugh we fans deserve better ugh she needs to serve us what we want”

Which is why people are comparing it to her other homemade videos, sis 

locals only

Her Lizzy grant home made videos are superior, please. Video Games is home made and that too is phenomenal.

The Norman video is one of her worst ever. Fake playing a piano and her sitting awkwardly (with lip sync off mind you YIKES...I hate it when it happens in mvs) in front of the pool. I genuinely believe the Bambi forest scenes would fit this song way more than the random lying on a hammock and sitting in front of a pool singing shots.

Norman always gives me old Disney movie vibes. The sound. 

HIAB would have been perfect if there were more shots. I hated the repeated shots omg that ruined the video for me. The editing and aesthetic fit extremely well. The shots when when they were all lying down singing with the lighting effects that was perfect and amazing. That was what existed in my mind when I hear the song all this time. The flavor. :defeated:

Bartender? We already talked about her.

God the Bartender video is just so... bad. I don't know what else to say. It's lazy, it's uninspired, it's irrelevant to the song; tragic onistaly.

HIAB was a chore to sit through as well

"Wearing white for their tea parties" *zooms in on black outfit*

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Her ability as a visual artist is very much intact the doin time video shows that. She just did this to keep her untalented sister employed if you want to blame someone, blame Chuck. She is the common denominator in lots of Lana projects that fans often complain about.

So you wanna say she IS in charge of the high budget video she does with a professional but she is NOT when it comes to to one her sister did? Does not really sound very logic.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I love Lana so deeply but DAMN is this girl losing her touch. I pray to GOD she has some sort of inner revival and just pushes out the BEST artwork that even surpasses her best from previous eras but we know that's not happening. Lana needs to get it together or something.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

I think it's a good video, however, Bartender's lyrics are so cinematic and descriptive that it deserves its own, HIGH BUDGET video!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

So you wanna say she IS in charge of the high budget video she does with a professional but she is NOT when it comes to to one her sister did? Does not really sound very logic.

The logical explanation is that Lana is reluctant/unwilling to push Chuck when she does a project with her (because it's her sister, so it's more relaxed and/or she's aware of her limitations).

Whereas with someone like Rich Lee, she literally said she basically tells him exactly what she wants and he makes it happen.

Professional versus personal relationship. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Without any attempt for drama or talking abput priviledge: the video is terrible. Especially the Bartendes segment. Back in the day, her homemade vids were moody and fit the atmosphere of the song they belonged to.

This is just random footage of a grown woman behaving like a rich 16 year old schoolgurl who thinks she's cRaZy N cUtE overlapping a beautiful, emotional and atmospheric piano ballad. It's extremely BAD from any artistic point of view since the incoherence doesn't even seem like an active decision. There is nothing "to get" here, no matter how hard self-proclaimed dyhard stans pretend.

I think it's safe to say that as far as visuals go, Lana's so called homemade videos are just very beige and bland. It's not even like they have redeeming qualities about them besides looking cute. It's not the fact that they are homemade, it's the fact that she acts as if they are worth seeing. She once said that the reason why she didn't release the Honeymoon video was because nothing really happened in it. Yet here we are with these lackluster and boring visuals.

I venture to say that the Honeymoon video is actually better than all of this because it had somewhat of a storyline and was actually related to the song, or at least the cinematic, mysterious and tragic atmosphere of the song. The triple video is just very nonsensical as far as lyrics and mood go.