Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

'Norman Fucking Rockwell' Holophonic Listening Party Held In Buenos Aires

67437429_2661819417183823_72720612606177

Miss Del Rey's album Norman Fucking Rockwell will be played on holophonic speakers on September 14 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. This highly innovative system was invented by Argentine Hugo Zuccarelli, who worked with sound geniuses Pink Floyd, and it's used in theme parks, as well as film scores and soundtracks.

Etymologically, "holophonic" comes from the word "hologram"; to put it in other words, it's like sound Virtual Reality. The listening experience with these giant speakers transports you to the intimate world of the album. The participants will feel like Lana, Jack Antonoff and his musicians are playing right in front, on the sides and behind you. The event is held in total darkness.

Her previous records Born to Die, Ultraviolence and Lust for Life were played on these speakers in the past.

Not sure I completely understand what this is or how it works, but it sounds awesome so yaaaas! :candy:

You basically sit in the theatre, the inventor comes in and explains how it works, he makes some jokes, he talks about the album you're about to listen... then the lights go off (you start smelling the weed :creep: ) and it literally feels like you're being transported. It's such a weird feeling. You're in the music, not only the music around you. That's why I made the comparison to VR.

You basically sit in the theatre, the inventor comes in and explains how it works, he makes some jokes, he talks about the album you're about to listen... then the lights go off (you start smelling the weed :creep: ) and it literally feels like you're being transported. It's such a weird feeling. You're in the music, not only the music around you. That's why I made the comparison to VR.

Can’t wait to feel the glass shards on my skin when BAR plays :candy:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Listening to Venice Bitch in this... whew. I want to experience this soooo badly, this is such a cool concept! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

As a game developer this concept is really interesting to me, I would love to be able to create a virtual reality environment- based film that is perhaps played in time with the music for a real experience. I think that would be really interesting. I think this has a lot of potential - like a virtual cinema experience for listening to music.

As a game developer this concept is really interesting to me, I would love to be able to create a virtual reality environment- based film that is perhaps played in time with the music for a real experience. I think that would be really interesting. I think this has a lot of potential - like a virtual cinema experience for listening to music.

Please bring it to the masses! :defeated:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Listening to Venice Bitch in this... whew. I want to experience this soooo badly, this is such a cool concept! x

Can't believe I'll be dead by Track 3 :deadbanana:

Please bring it to the masses! :defeated:

In my imagination, I would imagine a small cinema-like complex with rooms big enough to fit one or two people comfortably (like a cinema, but with no screen, maybe some cinema-esque lighting that would turn off once the headset starts) and a couple of holophonic speakers (i myself tend to prefer surround sound in open spaces rather than earphones, I find it more immersive).

then, the headsets would go on and the "film" would begin once the participants are ready. i imagine an environment that would subtly change as the music begins.

example

for nfr, imagine a virtual beach where the environment changes. the environment would maybe begin with a morning beach scene for the song nfr, feel very floaty, sunny and disney-esque (maybe birds or something in the sly?) and then go into mariners apartment complex where the environment slowly kind of evolves into something a little more tactile and natural. then imagine venice bitch, where the song starts slow and sunny but develops into crashing waves and chaos as the cresendo of the song happens (when the song is at it's most chaotic, when the cymbals begin to smash and the electric guitar peaks)... then this continues for the rest of the album. imagine a sunset full of boats and shadows during the greatest or bio-luminescent algae during hope after the sun is long gone.

i feel as though if this concept and this sound quality is truly as good as it makes out on google, there is so much more potential for this. albums could become visual concepts to be enjoyed in cinemas like as if they were films. there is so much potential for listening to music in virtual reality.

also, imagine doing it high as fuck. goodbye planet earth.

In my imagination, I would imagine a small cinema-like complex with rooms big enough to fit one or two people comfortably (like a cinema, but with no screen, maybe some cinema-esque lighting that would turn off once the headset starts) and a couple of holophonic speakers (i myself tend to prefer surround sound in open spaces rather than earphones, I find it more immersive).

then, the headsets would go on and the "film" would begin once the participants are ready. i imagine an environment that would subtly change as the music begins.

example

for nfr, imagine a virtual beach where the environment changes. the environment would maybe begin with a morning beach scene for the song nfr, feel very floaty, sunny and disney-esque (maybe birds or something in the sly?) and then go into mariners apartment complex where the environment slowly kind of evolves into something a little more tactile and natural. then imagine venice bitch, where the song starts slow and sunny but develops into crashing waves and chaos as the cresendo of the song happens (when the song is at it's most chaotic, when the cymbals begin to smash and the electric guitar peaks)... then this continues for the rest of the album. imagine a sunset full of boats and shadows during the greatest or bio-luminescent algae during hope after the sun is long gone.

i feel as though if this concept and this sound quality is truly as good as it makes out on google, there is so much more potential for this. albums could become visual concepts to be enjoyed in cinemas like as if they were films. there is so much potential for listening to music in virtual reality.

your mind!! we would get along so much

example

omg YES, I NEED this in the near future!! :poordat:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png