Elle

Don't Call Me Angel [Music Video] - OUT NOW

All of Lana’s most hated song recently became hits. SS remix was hated everywhere online, Doin Time was hated by own fans and sublime fans (who literally bombarded the YT comment sections).

Lana ignoring Cinnamon Girl and giving Barttttttttender a video was the right choice. Now that she finally wants to be successful again. Just go with the song people hate.

Except people don't hate Bartender so what are you even talking about?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

So I watched the video again. I get that the “story” is that Ari, Miley and Lana are supposed to be Charlie’s Angels. Miley is the tough gal with the boxing gloves, who isn’t afraid to use anything to get an answer from the bad guy. Lana seems to be something like a mastermind behind those computer screens or like she’s keeping an eye or something, and she seems to be the expert when it comes to deciding what weapon to pick. Ari is... waiting for the Miley and Lana to arrive to the mansion? Sends the helicopters flying? And then just poses in the mansion. :noparty: The video would’ve been better if she had a role to play too, seeing this truly made it feel like an Ariana song and video (more than it already is).

Bland video, bland song, I’ll forget about this collab just like I did with Lana x Børns.

I read an amazing suggestion somewhere that Ariana’s part should’ve been about seducing some guy at a club (would’ve gone with the lyrics in her verse) and secretly planting a tracking device or something on him, and I can’t stop wishing for that now. Like, girl’s got the acting experience, it’s kind of a shame how most of her videos now are just glamor poses.

giphy-1.gif 

I hate to say that but I think the song is terrible. It still sounds to me like an ice cream truck on drugs :toofunny:  The video made me cringe, it looks so wrong to see the three together - it's just not working for me. Lana looks so grown up and classy compared to Miley and Ariana, it's just wrong on so many levels. I'll pretend that that song does not exist :deadbanana: And am I the only one who is scared by Mileys eye make up?

I like it. Like the song is fun and cute (and pretty basic), and the marketable hollywood feminism aspect is kind of cringe, but it's still enjoyable on a base level. And it is kind of neat to see the three of them together cause its such a weird combination. And I love Lana's bridge, and how sultry it is. As a longtime stan it's cool to know more ppl will be exposed to her, and I might even finally hear her on the radio. Plus her looks in the video were iconic and she was super sexy and badass, like queen.

Even though this song isn't my cup of tea, I love Lana's part and I'm lowkey proud of her for stealing the spotlight from Ariana and Miley (no shade to them).

IKR we stan the right bitch. #smug

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I read an amazing suggestion somewhere that Ariana’s part should’ve been about seducing some guy at a club (would’ve gone with the lyrics in her verse) and secretly planting a tracking device or something on him, and I can’t stop wishing for that now. Like, girl’s got the acting experience, it’s kind of a shame how most of her videos now are just glamor poses.

Ooh, I would’ve liked that - Ariana could’ve seduced the guy and lure him to the mansion, and then it’s Miley’s job to fight him and Lana operates everything they need to do to stop his plans outside of the mansion or something.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png