Elle

Don't Call Me Angel [Music Video] - OUT NOW

I want to take this moment to say that Lana's soundtrack catalogue is so so so bad. She, the most cinematic artist of the century, should have FANTASTIC and acclaimed soundtracks.

Her only actually good soundtrack is the incredible Young and Beautiful. Then Big Eyes (amazing song) and Once Upon a Time.

The rest I don't even remember.

I hope some day she serves another Y&B for a huge film.

Excuse me but her never actually released cover of STLALT and Season of the Witch says fucking hi

8nl2OpX.png

I missed her looking beautiful in a decent budget video

So good seeing her looking GLAMOROUS, famous, dangerous, notorious and crazy. I love how she looked in The Greatest too but I hope she will eventually revisit this aesthetic.

The more I listen to the song the happier I am that she is only featured in the bridge (essentially the climax of the song). She descends, destroys it and then leaves them to pick up the pieces.

Ughhhh (emoticon clawing the ground that I can't get on mobile).

3lfQEhw.png

It's not a bad song. I'm sure Ariana fans absolutely adore it, especially if they like Miley and Lana too, but as someone who can't say I am a fan, I think the song is too much Ari, and I'm left only remembering her choruses.

Miley's part was amazing and she nailed it, but it's still overshadowed by Ariana.

And Lana's part was great too but I think her voice could have been louder. It's like they purposely made her be the whispery echo in the song but if that bridge was an entire song on its own it would be one of her best pop songs.

In the video, the three honestly didn't look like they "go together" either. Lana unfortunately does look out of place, but then again so does Miley, and it's like the whole thing was based around Arianas aesthetic. Like, fair enough, she's currently the biggest out of them all but ugh.

It doesn't even seem like a good promo for the movie tbh. The whole thing seems super out of place. But at least we got it and I'm glad that Lana was part of it instead of someone else god awfully annoying.

Well, call me crazy but I wanted Miley and Lana to start making out

They both turned me the fuck on in this part

TAJ3fMq.png

my exact thoughts!! Lana looks hot af in the vid, and so does Miley, so that moment was :sluttybunny:. could take or leave Ariana tho.

I'm glad they didn't try and put Lana in a weird situation that didn't suit her, like with Miley beating the dude in the boxing ring; only Miley could do smth like that. Just having her throwing knives and sitting sexily around that fire was enough for her to steal the show.

mhm, one of the reasons why this video works so well is the fact that they kept each of the singer's individuality & specific vibe. like, only Ariana could do Ariana's part, and so on. they didn't try to homogenize the 3 girls into a one-size-fits-all kinda video, which was the #1 thing i was afraid of since the song was announced bc Lana in particular really stands out from the other 2.

I don't get why this song is getting so much hate. It's just a cute song for the movie and we got high budget video with beautiful Lana's visuals.

If Ariana hadn't asked her to make a song together, we wouldn't have seen her as a superagent, dark angel, just throwing some daggers and being extremely sexy in red robe! The only thing we would get is video shot by Chuck outside her house or on the beach with filter from 8mm Camera  :deadbanana: And of course they would shoot it using Iphone 6s.

We should appreciate the fact that our girl has a beautiful bridge and she's serving looks!

tumblr_oh5ymxVl201rlfl6ro1_540.gif

Honestly this song is such a mess.

I LOVED Lana's part. Miley was ok.

Ariana was just so damn repetitive and generic. It's like shes just floating around and dancing and doing nothing basically. .. idk ... xO

Damn Lana is a cockdestroyer now....

Ahh I love Miley a lot. Not a big fan of Ariana but I can appreciate the fact that she asked Lana to be a part of this.

I don't really like the instrumental and the song is a little annoying but this is still exciting!

The music video is great and I love Lana's scene!