PARADIXO

'Honeymoon' Turns 4: Achieving Mental Health Through Time-Travel

@TheBoss

Yes, the beat in Art Deco is obviously very influeced by PBR&B/FKA twigs. The comparison I made in The Blackest Day wasn't regarding the beat though, but the trippy synthesizers. They remind me of those in the chorus of Give Up

Making another comment to make my feelings clear: I love this record to its deepest core, she always says her latest record is her summer album but I always pictured this one as her only summery record. On a personal level, most of the tracks are in my sunbathing playlist (i know thats tacky af). The whole mood that it gives me is tripping to Europe, going to a desert beach just by yourself, very escapist.

Also I love how it mixes soft trap beats, trip hop, bossa nova and jazz (i always picture Chet Baker and Joao Gilberto when i hear 24), and to my opinion the title track is her most experimental song that doesnt get too superfluous (i.e. Venice Bitch)

Making another comment to make my feelings clear: I love this record to its deepest core, she always says her latest record is her summer album but I always pictured this one as her only summery record. On a personal level, most of the tracks are in my sunbathing playlist (i know thats tacky af). The whole mood that it gives me is tripping to Europe, going to a desert beach just by yourself, very escapist.

Also I love how it mixes soft trap beats, trip hop, bossa nova and jazz (i always picture Chet Baker and Joao Gilberto when i hear 24), and to my opinion the title track is her most experimental song that doesnt get too superfluous (i.e. Venice Bitch)

omg i get trip to europe by your own vibes too! hahaha

this truly is an incredible ode to isolation and escapism

Honeymoon is timeless - it is Lana's most sophisticated, matured, and introspective album to date (it's almost impressive that she released this prior to LFL and NFR, almost like has she regressed in some way). I feel as though Honeymoon is her most vulnerable album, and I truly don't understand how people could hate this album or call it boring, they just haven't listened closely. This was an amazing review <3 

Honeymoon is timeless - it is Lana's most sophisticated, matured, and introspective album to date (it's almost impressive that she released this prior to LFL and NFR, almost like has she regressed in some way). I feel as though Honeymoon is her most vulnerable album, and I truly don't understand how people could hate this album or call it boring, they just haven't listened closely. This was an amazing review <3 

thank you! <3

excellent analysis! It really makes me see the album as a whole in a new light.

With this record Lana has given us some of her most beautiful and refined tracks production and composition-wise.

my holy trinity for this record are Honeymoon, Music to watch boys to, and Terrence loves you.

What a beautiful, spot on analysis.

My trinity is The Blackest Day, Swan Song, Terrence Loves You 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

excellent analysis! It really makes me see the album as a whole in a new light.

With this record Lana has given us some of her most beautiful and refined tracks production and composition-wise.

my holy trinity for this record are Honeymoon, Music to watch boys to, and Terrence loves you.

What a beautiful, spot on analysis.

My trinity is The Blackest Day, Swan Song, Terrence Loves You 

Such a well thought out review!

I love how you likened the transition from God Knows I Tried to High by the Beach as her transitioning from her headspace into the real world.

I really appreciate it guys! Thanks

Beautiful post, I'm revisiting Honeymoon in its entirety (even Religion, poss my least favorite Lana song ever) and it's been a transcendent experience. Thanks for the inspiration @PARADIXO  :kiss2:  :kiss2:  :kiss2:

<3

Loved this but you totally snubbed 24

lmao i knew someone would say that! glad you enjoyed it though

Absolutely Loved the review, made me learn things about her album I never knew, like the White Tennis Shoes reference. I'm looking at the song differently now.

Is it "Entelechy at its finest' because she's saying to fuck potential and just fuck off from everything? Or is it about acknowledging her and her lover will never have a big impact on the world and accepting that fact?

Absolutely Loved the review, made me learn things about her album I never knew, like the White Tennis Shoes reference. I'm looking at the song differently now.

Is it "Entelechy at its finest' because she's saying to fuck potential and just fuck off from everything? Or is it about acknowledging her and her lover will never have a big impact on the world and accepting that fact?

I relate entelechy to utopia in many ways though both have really really different definitions. "Why work so hard when you could just be free?" is further than simply utopic; it's entelechy. Something that literally doesn't exist other than in our minds. An idea that cannot be reached.

3 hours ago, lanasgirl said:

Thank you so much @PARADIXO for this analysis, I just listened to the whole record while reading :flutter:

I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for reading 

Best Theres Still More GIFs | Gfycat

@PARADIXO I think i've seem the thread before but don't remember clicking on it and feel guilty now!

What an incredible vision to analyse as a whole. Honeymoon has always been overlooked even if it was  most praised album before NFR! came in and rocked the table, and there was some interesting dissonance between critics and fans over the whole record. It was well received by the media but the fans weren't feeling it, and many still don't. I took some time to actually digest it too and realize how well crafted the album and the whole concept were. How everything is delicate, intricate and warm. Honeymoon is very warm. Seein' it through "time travel" is some next level "which season is each album" (lol).

I'm truly amused by your writing complementing her lyrics. Beautiful job.

48 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Best Theres Still More GIFs | Gfycat

@PARADIXO I think i've seem the thread before but don't remember clicking on it and feel guilty now!

What an incredible vision to analyse as a whole. Honeymoon has always been overlooked even if it was  most praised album before NFR! came in and rocked the table, and there was some interesting dissonance between critics and fans over the whole record. It was well received by the media but the fans weren't feeling it, and many still don't. I took some time to actually digest it too and realize how well crafted the album and the whole concept were. How everything is delicate, intricate and warm. Honeymoon is very warm. Seein' it through "time travel" is some next level "which season is each album" (lol).

I'm truly amused by your writing complementing her lyrics. Beautiful job.

Thank you! :wub: