HeartshapedChevrolet

Paradise - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Paradise  

277 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs from Paradise?

• Ride
    • American
    • Cola
    • Body Electric
    • Blue Velvet
    • Gods & Monsters
    • Yayo
    • Bel Air
    • Burning Desire

happy birthday, Paradise! In many ways, I feel like I have outgrown you, but in many different ways, you bring me back to a time that I deeply long for, especially the months in which Ride came out. It was such a special time. Cola, Gods & Monsters, Bel Air are my favorites. :wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Paradise isn't my favorite Lana project, but I think that it's a great one nonetheless. She's one of those people I genuinely don't think has a weak project. I find it to be one of her most cohesive works, and it includes what I consider some of her best songs (Ride, Gods & Monsters, Bel Air). The visuals of this project are also stunning. From Ride to Tropico even to the tour's aesthetics, all of it is beautiful

imageproxy.jpg

I know about their reputation and I'm not sure if this was already discussed but:

It wouldn't surprise me given the amount of content out there from 2012-2013

8nl2OpX.png

Sitting on a wall from like 1100-1200’s, looking out over tiled rooftops and the sea, wind in my hair and Ride blasting in my ears... life is good. :rock:

Seriously, I don’t think I’ll ever tire of this song. It’s too good.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Sometimes I forget just how great Paradise is. It's magnificent, it's divine. There's a story, there's progression. There's a running theme, and there's cohesion. It and Honeymoon are her strongest efforts. I think of them as sister albums.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Paradise is too underrated.

I listened to Paradise in full (which is something I don't do that often) and just closed my eyes, late last night and WOW. It was an experience for sure. Paradise is MADE for listening late at night, I'd say. (Though Ride works any time imo, and American and Blue Velvet is not that night-ish to me).

Yayo and Bel Air, oh sweet Bell Air child o'mine, does hit DIFFERENT at night.:crai: And I yet again re-discovered how fantastic American is. Especially those intro strings. Wow wow wow. The bridge of Ride is one of Lana's very best bridges. It's what made me even love Ride. And my favourite part of the song. (Yep, I didn't even like Ride at first.) It's MAGICAL. Unhinged. Obviously Lana made the RIGHT choice chosing Ride as the opener for this record.<3

Lana is amazing at doing covers. Blue Velvet is no exception. Sadly too underrated. It does, along with Yayo need more love.:flutter:

ADORE every single song on this album/EP (which is it haha?), but I will never be able to understand how Lana could even CREATE something like Gods And Monsters, Body Electric and Cola? Those three songs are SOMETHING else. Like those songs are their own kind of genre. (Along with Off To The Races imo!) I've said it before and I will do it again; Paradise is PERFECT. A masterpiece.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 8/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, 13beachess said:

Paradise is too underrated.

I listened to Paradise in full (which is something I don't do that often) and just closed my eyes, late last night and WOW. It was an experience for sure. Paradise is MADE for listening late at night, I'd say. (Though Ride works any time imo, and American and Blue Velvet is not that night-ish to me).

Yayo and Bel Air, oh sweet Bell Air child o'mine, does hit DIFFERENT at night.:crai: And I yet again re-discovered how fantastic American is. Especially those intro strings. Wow wow wow. The bridge of Ride is one of Lana's very best bridges. It's what made me even love Ride. And my favourite part of the song. (Yep, I didn't even like Ride at first.) It's MAGICAL. Unhinged. Obviously Lana made the RIGHT choice chosing Ride as the opener for this record.<3

Lana is amazing at doing covers. Blue Velvet is no exception. Sadly too underrated. It does, along with Yayo need more love.:flutter:

ADORE every single song on this album/EP (which is it haha?), but I will never be able to understand how Lana could even CREATE something like Gods And Monsters, Body Electric and Cola? Those three songs are SOMETHING else. Like those songs are their own kind of genre. (Along with Off To The Races imo!) I've said it before and I will do it again; Paradise is PERFECT. A masterpiece.

You said it all ! :wub:

Born to die is something but it wouldn't be complete without its adult evolution: Paradise, an absolutely perfect world. A poisonous, dark and dangerous journey. This album is incredible, the musical quality, the atmosphere... A real movie soundtrack. :wub:

Lana and her beauty. Lana and atypical men. Ride and his American trip full of freedom. Tropico this masterpiece! Why is this trilogy never quoted and never awarded? She should not be forgotten. 

Cola will always remain my favorite, it's musical perfection, an inspiring particular atmosphere, but the rest is fantastic, beautiful and superbly well constructed.

So much emotion, excitement listening to this album, I could never do without it. Who makes albums of such quality? Bigger world. I don't think Paradise is overproduced, nothing gets old. For me it came out yesterday. I love this so much, not enough words to describe that. :wub:

Glad to see people still liking it years later, it doesn't get too much love even though it's a masterpiece of Lana's discography.

And yeah Blue velvet is a fantastic cover!

On 10/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, The Siren said:

slight change x

Top God trinity

Honourable Mention trinity

Average tier

Songs that I want erased from existence tier

1. Bel Air
  2. Cola
  3. Gods & Monsters
  4. Body Electric
  5. American
  6. Ride
  7. Burning Desire
  8. Yayo
  9. Blue Velvet

Top God trinity

Honorable Mention's

Average tier

Songs that I want erased from existence tier

1. Ride
  2. Yayo
  3. Cola
  4. American
  5. Burning Desire
  6. Blue Velvet
  7. Body Electric
  8. Gods & Monsters
  9. Bel Air

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

Paradise anniversary in a few days:party:

and the way we’re not getting a Born to Die: Paradise Edition vinyl box set with new colored pressings for the whole album :rollin:imagining paradise in navy blue and BTD in any variation of red blue and white :lange::angie::crying4:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

10 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

Paradise stans might be the hottest type of lana stans bc out of all her records you pick the horniest and most overlooked one

its one of my favorites :thirst: it doesnt feel like anything else shes ever done its so dreamy. the production is otherworldly. 

i truly feel like LDR9 will be one of my top lana albums bc she was reaching for something that was so close to perfection but couldnt get to it. i hope thats what this album is.