Sign in to follow this  
ilovetati

Lana and Jack to perform/appear at the Grammy Museum (Oct 13)

giphy.gif

Hold up! She actually has back tracking vocals playing in the background at this tiny ass Grammy event? 

What the hell is wrong with this woman? Come now now! The awful outfit. The damn dancers at this small event. Zella having to wake her up during a song. Backtracking vocals for Bartender.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH LANA?

She's either getting no sleep, on some drugs or thinking too much about the cop peen. 

Each show she does I'm more convinced about her hating performing. I don't have a problem with what happened during For free - I relate a lot to the fact of suddenly disconnecting from reality, and think that in her case she just got abducted by the music; actually saw that as a cute moment-, but the backtracks on the most basic songs, and in the most basic venues are incredibly embarrasing. I have never had the chance to see her performing live, but I'm sure I wouldn't waste a cent on doing that right now. I enjoy her music on a very deep level, and maybe it's just a fact that live performances aren't her thing, so there shouldn't be much to expect from them either.

She had playback during Mariners Apartment Complex too.

just for the pre choruses which is absolutely understandable :rip:

Each show she does I'm more convinced about her hating performing. I don't have a problem with what happened during For free - I relate a lot to the fact of suddenly disconnecting from reality, and think that in her case she just got abducted by the music; actually saw that as a cute moment-, but the backtracks on the most basic songs, and in the most basic venues are incredibly embarrasing. I have never had the chance to see her performing live, but I'm sure I wouldn't waste a cent on doing that right now. I enjoy her music on a very deep level, and maybe it's just a fact that live performances aren't her thing, so there shouldn't be much to expect from them either.

Okay but people shouldn't have to lower their expectations just because she hates it or whatever. She needs to do better. I'm not even talking about this show specifically, but there have definitely been shows on this tour where she's been lacklustre.

People are spending their time and money to see a professional singer. They shouldn't be leaving shows feeling as if she didn't give 100%, and that is what's happening.

I feel that her laziness (or whatever it is that causes this attitude that she brings to some shows) is way past the point of being endearing. As I've said before, she's coming off to me as rather diva-ish nowadays in general.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I was so happy to perform at the Grammys the other night!!

edit: the Grammy Museum, that is... anyways I was so happy to see y’all there :)

Edited by Jack

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I get that Win is a bit of a controversial subject here, but he is probably quite comforting to Lana which is why she always goes to him. She may be very anxious at each sow, possibly even more so at a smaller venue like the Grammy museum as it seems more intimate. He might be a stable factor which helps Lana relax. I agree she should also meet her many other fans who have made the effort to go, but I can see why she may always greet him.

As for her forgetting lyrics, idk what to think really. Could be anxiety, could be there are many demos of MAC with different lyrics that she keeps confusing the final MAC with. Or another explanation for her forgetting lyrics and spacing out could be that she is on some sort of medication. I am currently on medication for anxiety, and it has made me so forgetful and I constantly space out. Plus there were rumours she was on some sort of medication back on the endless summer tour, so she may be back on it.

Anyway, if anything is up, I hope she is okay.

She's been doing this for a living at least 10 years. Still being nervous on stage and anxious? She needs to get over it. If anything, don't tour anymore. Her shows are not worth $50 much less $400. 

It's up again

I can't hear shit. 

Dissociative disorders usually develop as a reaction to trauma and help keep difficult memories at bay. Symptoms (ranging from amnesia to alternate identities like the Lana Del Rey persona) depend in part on the type of dissociative disorder you have. Times of stress (like being put on the spot to perform there, I am sure she is reminded of the SNL days) can temporarily worsen symptoms, making them more obvious.

Do we know if Lana suffered some kind of trauma in her life? If yes then that would explain why these things keep happening.

the fact she had some sort of Addiction is trauma enough, also the cult leader she was dating in NYC back n the days I would also say that's traumatic. to me she seems to be more like she's being Brainwashed idk, Its just weird her mother has never been present like on stage as her father is.  idk if to is just me but having several :romances" in less than a year is also not too healthy there is something she is not dealing with properly and its getting out of control so she's finding external issues which she can some how control like romances. 

This to me feels like another Britney scandal especially how all her family is benefitting from her. im not trying to be rude neither its just so weird, but then again she could just be having fun. Stevie nicks did say she was a weird girl.

I gave up trying to hear that shit after 30 seconds, so thanks for the summary.

But ...

She'd like to steer away from the sound of NFR now? Last week she said she wanted to stay in the same realm.

:wtfney:

She says one thing now and another tomorrow. I personally would like something with more instruments next time. California would have been a big masterpiece if those chorus' had some bass and guitar. 

She's been doing this for a living at least 10 years. Still being nervous on stage and anxious? She needs to get over it. If anything, don't tour anymore. Her shows are not worth $50 much less $400. 

I can't hear shit. 

Anxiety might never go away though, it's not something that can really be controlled especially if it always happens during certain events(like going on stage) it can just kick in automatically every time she enters a venue.

Okay but people shouldn't have to lower their expectations just because she hates it or whatever. She needs to do better. I'm not even talking about this show specifically, but there have definitely been shows on this tour where she's been lacklustre.

People are spending their time and money to see a professional singer. They shouldn't be leaving shows feeling as if she didn't give 100%, and that is what's happening.

I feel that her laziness (or whatever it is that causes this attitude that she brings to some shows) is way past the point of being endearing. As I've said before, she's coming off to me as rather diva-ish nowadays in general.

as a person who went to the Berkley show it was unprofessional to know she pushed the show till almost 8pm when it was suppose to happen at 7pm then it got pushed to 7:30pm even the security guards at barricade were like is this show cancelled or what's going on.

not only that but imagine paying 200 for a vip ticket just to fight with crazy fans who always get to see her it is not worth it. 

She could've at least apologized for coming on late to the stage but she didn't. 

also not to mention the setlist it has been almost the same since like forever. like idk if she's gonna keep touring id suggest to her to stop take a break and tour maybe in the next 2-3 years when she's had maybe 2 new albums and has changed the setlist and feels like she's ready to tour. 

and I get it touring is not easy and it is tiring, but when your sleeping at good hotels and eating great I wouldn't really complain. I also get the fact that live sound has technical issues like she experienced at Berkley but that's why the sound team is their to troubleshoot and make it sound great again if that's a task they cannot do then id suggest for her to hire new sound techs with no experience and teach them her ways only. that way they know what sound she likes.

She says one thing now and another tomorrow. 

she hates the heat, she got the blues

Changing like the weather, oh, that's so like her

just for the pre choruses which is absolutely understandable :rip:

I only saw a 1 minute snippet of the performance where she completely relied on it. Does this mean we have footage of the whole thing since it seems like you saw it?

the fact she had some sort of Addiction is trauma enough, also the cult leader she was dating in NYC back n the days I would also say that's traumatic. to me she seems to be more like she's being Brainwashed idk, Its just weird her mother has never been present like on stage as her father is.  idk if to is just me but having several :romances" in less than a year is also not too healthy there is something she is not dealing with properly and its getting out of control so she's finding external issues which she can some how control like romances. 

This to me feels like another Britney scandal especially how all her family is benefitting from her. im not trying to be rude neither its just so weird, but then again she could just be having fun. Stevie nicks did say she was a weird girl.

A lot of people have been asking about Lana's mother. She is NEVER at her daughter's shows. That to me is weird. 

The tour life isn’t for everyone - sure, you get to stay at nice hotels but hotel rooms never feel like home, and you work at late evenings/nights and often have to get up early the next morning to continue with the tour. I’m pretty sure I would get tired of it after a while. (Lemme just add that I’m so amazed at Hozier for touring for more than a year almost nonstop, I don’t know how he does it)

Second, artists and bands biggest income is often tours, which might be why Lana keep on going on tours. Maybe she’s not liking it, maybe she does, maybe she likes certain shows more. And like Byron said, if the shows keep getting sold out, why bother changing the set list? They’re making it easy for them.

Sorry, I feel like I went off topic here so I’ll stop for now.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 10/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, urgirl said:

why did she add that random line about mommy in htd and why is no one talking about it

I hear "momma's always..." [breaks off and resets]

To me, this strengthens this interpretation of the song:

incorrect link-to-post pre-update form:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10278-norman-fucking-rockwell-pre-release-thread/?p=772598

correct link-to-post post-update form:

http://lanaboards.com/topic/10278-norman-fucking-rockwell-pre-release-thread/page/1799/?=comments#comment-772598

Edited by slang
repair old lanaboards link-to-post to updated format post-update that works

why did she add that random line about mommy in htd and why is no one talking about it

It reminded me of Cherry Blossom and I loved it when I heard that in the Grammy performance!!!