expandableclitoris

Lingua Ignota

lingua-ignota.jpg

Kristin Hayter (born 1986) is an American classically trained multi-instrumentalist originally from Southern California and currently residing in Rhode Island. In 2017, she self-released two albums—Let the Evil of His Own Lips Cover Him and All Bitches Die—under the moniker Lingua Ignota (Latin for "unknown language"). Through word-of-mouth, Hayter's music caught the attention of Profound Lore Records, who re-issued All Bitches Die and released her third studio album Caligula in 2019. She draws on her experiences as a survivor of domestic violence for musical and lyrical inspiration, and describes her music as "survivor anthems".

and her best song that i hope Lana will cover someday

She's really amazing - it's pretty rare that someone comes along who just sounds like themselves, and not anybody else. Of course, people compare her to artists like PJ Harvey or Diamanda Galas, but she doesn't really sound anything like them, even if she carries over some of their spirit. It's hard listening, but definitely worth the effort.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

She's really amazing - it's pretty rare that someone comes along who just sounds like themselves, and not anybody else. Of course, people compare her to artists like PJ Harvey or Diamanda Galas, but she doesn't really sound anything like them, even if she carries over some of their spirit. It's hard listening, but definitely worth the effort.

You forgot about the most important comparison

zHqLjgo.png

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

actually its more like lin-gwa in-no-tah

yeah that's what I thought, lin-gweena (=linguina) is a type of long pasta used for fish lol

anyway there's nothing wrong with saying "gn" like she says cause it's latin or whatever but being Italian I always cringe cause it sounds so bad. like nail on a chalkboard 

yeah that's what I thought, lin-gweena (=linguina) is a type of long pasta used for fish lol

anyway there's nothing wrong with saying "gn" like she says cause it's latin or whatever but being Italian I always cringe cause it sounds so bad. like nail on a chalkboard 

same, I speak portuguese so its VERY similar to how I pronounce both Lingua and Ignota

Her work is really interesting. I tried getting into her music a few weeks back and found it quite difficult listening (not a criticism), but I'll try again when I'm in the right mood. She's like a much heavier Chelsea Wolfe, I feel. Love her aesthetics though!

going off what previous person said somewhat, what is the best work to listen to if you’re going to try to get into her music? i would use the term “most accessible” but i don’t know if anything by her could be considered accessible (in this case it’s a full compliment though)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Kristin Hayter (born June 17, 1986) is an American singer and pianist. From 2017 to 2023, she released music and performed under the name Lingua Ignota (Latin for "unknown language"). 

IMG-2818.webp

Her professional music career began in 2017 with the self-released albums Let the Evil of His Own Lips Cover Him and All Bitches Die, which spread through word-of-mouth. Hayter's music caught the attention of Profound Lore Records, who re-issued All Bitches Die and released her third studio album, Caligula, in 2019, which was met with universal critical acclaim. Her fourth album, Sinner Get Ready, was released in 2021 on Sargent House and received more widespread critical acclaim. Her work as Lingua Ignota drew from her experiences as a survivor of domestic violence for musical and lyrical inspiration, and she describes her music as "survivor anthems".[1]

IMG-2820.jpg

Citing the unhealthiness of reliving her trauma through her performances, Hayter retired the Lingua Ignota project in 2023. She proceeded to launch a new moniker, Reverend Kristin Michael Hayter, by announcing the project's debut album, Saved!.

IMG-2819.jpg

IMG-2821.jpg

giphy.gif