Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana Del Rey & Elton John cover “Rolling Stone” November 2019 issue (+ interview)

So what do we know about Lana's mom?  I never heard or seen a peep about her.  Clearly she's not in the picture anymore?  Parents divorced?  Lana is estranged from her?  It's just hitting me now that somehow Lana's been completely silent about her mom.  Or has she?

all we know is that her glamour lives on and on

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/Patricia_Grant

Don't know how old or out of date this info may be, but it says "[Patricia Hill-Grant] currently lives in Lake Placid, New York with her husband. They have remained out of the spotlight of Del Rey's career but often travel with her on tour."  But we see her dad all the time in photos, etc.  But never her mom.  Sounds like there's more to this story...

26vMNDz.gif

She’s obviously very close to her father and Rob is incredibly supportive of both his daughters (Just check out his IG). I personally feel like she doesn’t have a positive relationship with her mother, I mean you barely see them together at all.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I thought it was kinda interesting how in Old Money she says her father's "love was always strong" and then all she says about her mother is her "glamour lives on and on" 

he's garbage. i'm mad for her that she has to share the cover with him. i'm infuriated that he's in her photos - he's trash. trash trash trash.

You are absolutely ignorant talking about a music pioneer like that. 

She’s obviously very close to her father and Rob is incredibly supportive of both his daughters (Just check out his IG). I personally feel like she doesn’t have a positive relationship with her mother, I mean you barely see them together at all.

I don't think she has a good relationship with either of her kids. No pictures of them with their mother. 

248D1A8900000578-2904257-Coffee_break_La

473430_original.jpgLana-Del-Rey-family-mother-1.jpg

Found these with Pat Del Rey.  They're not super current, but it shows at least they were able to hang out casually in 2014-2015.  Maybe the mom is just super shy.  She looks exactly like Chuck.  And Lana really took after her father, before she got her nose and lips and cheeks done.

26vMNDz.gif

In my opinion, the following quote is the most interesting part of the interview: "It’s just that my family is still around and close. There’s only so much I could put on the table, coming from where I come from. I’m limited in what I could say in terms of being open. Maybe in 10 years." Where to begin. Perhaps the Ride music video. I believe this video, rather than being a fantastical portrayal of a "persona", actually gives us a glimpse of L.D.R.'s life before she achieved fame. I believe that it's very plausible that in her pursuit of freedom, L.D.R. did, for a time, live without a home, did sex work, did hard drugs, and associated with criminals. We can glean this from her songs and interviews through the years. This kind of activity would naturally bring some level of shame and embarrassment to a family of the wealthy class. Until Lana Del Rey confirms that the tales from her songs and art have a basis in reality, we -- her fans and her family -- can just tell ourselves that these tales are merely fantasies. But, I think it's possible that, at least for a time, L.D.R. did actually plunge into the world of the seedy heart of the Amerikan dream, without a safety net. But, of course, this is all just speculation.

I'm not gonna really speculate about her mom because what the hell do I know, but just my two cents on the matter as a person who had a rather odd raising:

• There's always two sides to the same story. Lana may perceive a certain situation as negative while her parents may seem nothing wrong with it. And vice-versa. One side may not have fully disclosed feelings about the other.
  • Her mom might just be camera shy or simply rather be away from the spotlight and Internet. 
  • Rob still posts a bunch of pictures of Patty so I guess they're still together? Or at least in good terms. I'm pretty sure there's a couple of tweets that might be more descritive.
  • Just because there's a lot of pictures around of Lana and her parents together, it does not mean they get along that well. It might be more like a chore for one side. Most of bad situations don't even need or allow to fully cut ties with the other.
  • Same thing regarding Rob supporting Lana. He seems interested in his daughters' careers, but it doesn't mean it was always that way or that it is 100% genuine. 
  • She may not want to share certain informations because she might feel that her closed ones will suffer. It doesn't mean they did her any harm - it could be the other way around, even if in more an indirect way.

I know everything seems fishy and that we're interested in hearing more, but we're talking about Lana. I'm not saying that she's a liar and that she didn't suffer, but we have no idea what she's talking about in that interview. I'm not sure if it's fair to blame a woman we barely know when Lana herself might be the guilty one.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

elton is repugnant for trying to connect her snl performance to the #metoo movement. 

this is who you all stan. and after reading the interview she's really showing some true colors. she needs to do a beyonce and stop giving interviews. they are doing her no favors.  :diva:

if you like my face just thank my surgeon | your friendly local trans - catch me modeling for: https://dragunbeauty.com/

elton is repugnant for trying to connect her snl performance to the #metoo movement. 

this is who you all stan. and after reading the interview she's really showing some true colors. she needs to do a beyonce and stop giving interviews. they are doing her no favors.  :diva:

Her lack of self-awareness in regard to that performance is kind of telling imo.