Elle

Lana at Overland Sheepskin Co. in Omaha, NE - November 13, 2019

i want someone to confront her in person about this literally so bad. i’ve seen some ppl in her ig comments but those are easy to ignore

Agreed, but no one is going to say anything. It seems like most of the people around her walk on eggshells and/or are the kind of people who wouldn't have a problem with this. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Agreed, but no one is going to say anything. It seems like most of the people around her walk on eggshells and/or are the kind of people who wouldn't have a problem with this.

i got the impression that people are afraid to criticize her/tell her no/disagree with her too, i’ve never met anyone like that personally so i’m so curious as to why??? she’s an adult, surely she can handle it

UbsOye5.png

i got the impression that people are afraid to criticize her/tell her no/disagree with her too, i’ve never met anyone like that personally so i’m so curious as to why??? she’s an adult, surely she can handle it

Remember how she handled the reviewer who wrote that Lana has a persona? Yeah, she didn’t handle that very well.

Honestly, as a fan, I don’t think I would dare telling her “yo, what’s wrong with you” if I would ever see her. Partly because I don’t want to be rude (because, like some said above, I truly don’t know her apart from what she chooses to show and tell us about her life), partly because I’d be afraid she’d forever see me in a bad light if I would ever get front row at her concerts again lol.

It’s not that I don’t think she’s a bad person, because I really think she cares for others and is genuinely kind, but I think she’s just not interested enough to learn more about these phases she’s dipping her toes in just to try and then moves on to the next one. Which then comes off as being shallow and ignorant. I love her as an artist but I think it’s good to also see her flaws, and as fans, of course we want what’s best for her. And what that best is, well, it differs from person to person but that’s what’s so great about forums like this. We can discuss it here, follow her journey and see where she’ll go.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I'm not saying that this is the reason because nobody really knows, but a lot of celebrities fall prey to this in varying degrees. I suppose when you have millions of fans telling you how amazing you are, plus you are surrounded by "yes" people in your personal life, then it's easy to think that everything you do is brilliant and that anyone who doesn't think so is wrong. As @@Clampigirl said, we saw that in her response to that critic. Also, whilst there's nothing wrong with being confident in yourself and in your work, I think that it's become apparent from her interviews lately that her ego has ... grown.

Question, are you guys against Lana wearing fur/leather as clothes and/or accessories or her buying it?

Lana has worn leather, fur and even ostrich feathers many times in past magazine covers and and even by pap pictures before. I see familiar faces on those threads and they weren't outraged then, and they're even gushing about how good she looked.. the very same people outraged at her on this thread about how much of a hypocrite Lana is, talmbout climate change and all that but at the same time consuming animal products as clothes and accessory. Talk about hypocrisy-ception. 

I personally don't support animal consumption especially as clothes or accessory not just for animal rights, for the environment and also for health reasons. Admittedly, I'm not really pleased with Lana doing that too.. but honestly, I don't get why people are so outraged as if this something out of character Lana does.

Lanadoesn't have a fixed personality and goes through phases in her life that she thinks is currently cool, that's why she contradicts herself a lot, why she's a hypocrite in a lot of things. 

That's why I believe her, doing shit like flying in private jet planes and wearing animal products and dating a cop.. isn't really something to be shocked about. especially at the end of the day she has always been a privileged white girl from an upper middle class family who once said ''I believe in the country America used to be.''

Unironically glamorized being poor,pedophilia, drugs because it seems cool as heck.. 

Please guys, if you're gonna stan Lana because of her art AND as someone that has the same moral compass as us plain folks then you're gonna be severely disappointed IMO. She just doesn't care. Plain and simple.

4BZPaCg.jpg

Question, are you guys against Lana wearing fur/leather as clothes and/or accessories or her buying it?

Lana has worn leather, fur and even ostrich feathers many times in past magazine covers and and even by pap pictures before. I see familiar faces on those threads and they weren't outraged then, and they're even gushing about how good she looked.. the very same people outraged at her on this thread about how much of a hypocrite Lana is, talmbout climate change and all that but at the same time consuming animal products as clothes and accessory. Talk about hypocrisy-ception. 

I personally don't support animal consumption especially as clothes or accessory not just for animal rights, for the environment and also for health reasons. Admittedly, I'm not really pleased with Lana doing that too.. but honestly, I don't get why people are so outraged as if this something out of character Lana does.

Lanadoesn't have a fixed personality and goes through phases in her life that she thinks is currently cool, that's why she contradicts herself a lot, why she's a hypocrite in a lot of things. 

That's why I believe her, doing shit like flying in private jet planes and wearing animal products and dating a cop.. isn't really something to be shocked about. especially at the end of the day she has always been a privileged white girl from an upper middle class family who once said ''I believe in the country America used to be.''

Unironically glamorized being poor,pedophilia, drugs because it seems cool as heck.. 

Please guys, if you're gonna stan Lana because of her art AND as someone that has the same moral compass as us plain folks then you're gonna be severely disappointed IMO. She just doesn't care. Plain and simple.

i think most of us are just shocked at the teddy bear, and it’s something she chose to buy with her own money (and it was over $200), not something that was given to her by a stylist and then returned at the end of the photoshoot. wbk she wears leather and fur, it’s a common theme in her lyrics and visuals. the teddy bear just kind of took me by surprise and it’s pretty upsetting to see so that’s why we’re talking about it

UbsOye5.png

i think most of us are just shocked at the teddy bear, and it’s something she chose to buy with her own money (and it was over $200), not something that was given to her by a stylist and then returned at the end of the photoshoot. wbk she wears leather and fur, it’s a common theme in her lyrics and visuals. the teddy bear just kind of took me by surprise and it’s pretty upsetting to see so that’s why we’re talking about it

Upsetting, I side with y'all..like, it's unnecessary as fuck to have a teddy bear made out of real rabbit fur.. it's so much worse cause it seems more like a display of wealth than for aesthetic purposes like wearing animal product but both are unnecessary and does the same harm for the environment and animals. 

I defended Lana in the past but on this thread I'm in no way of defending Lana but it's just funny seeing hypocrites outraged by another hypocrite

4BZPaCg.jpg

She has referenced animal wear in the past and as far back I as her unreleased days.

" Boy break out your dollars, baby needs a new fur. I'm your go go dancer.."

And even as a red tex fan, there is a line between cruelty free fur and what she brought

I wish I was "as bad as she is".

I'm against fur btw but it was not my point.

Guess I'll just stop posting here. I've been on lanaboards for over six years...

Okay, but you're at the other end of the spectrum in that you can't see anything wrong in anything she does, ever. It's not really any better. In fact, I'd argue that it's worse.

If you seriously think it's okay for Lana (or, anyone - but more so Lana because she can literally afford to buy just about anything) to be shopping for fur and animal skin products in 20-fucking-19, then you're just as bad as she is.

Stick your head in the sand, though, by all means.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

I wish I was "as bad as she is".

I'm against fur btw but it was not my point.

Wasn't your point that, for fuck knows what reason, you didn't want anyone to call her out for this? Or am I mistaken?

Guess I'll just stop posting here. I've been on lanaboards for over six years...

I'm not sure why you're so upset about this thread/my reply, but it's hardly worth leaving LanaBoreds over. You can do as you please, though.

genuinely baffles me. bet that bear out of rabbit fur will just be popped on a shelf. what was the point in paying over $400 for absolute animal cruelty? it's a problem, she could have chosen anything else, why lambskin and rabbit fur?

This is not meant as a personal attack on anyone, just some perspective on the vegan criticism in this thread:

Has Lana actually ever said that she's vegan/ against fur within recent time?

Cause otherwise it seems a tad unreasonable to project your own values onto her and accuse her of hypocracy.

You can of course still criticize her for wearing fur but remember:

- Almost all chemicals, including those in medicine, are tested on animals.

- Our houses, roads, hospitals and schools displace and kill animals as we build them.

- Vegetable farming kills animals as well through i.e. pest control and harvesting

I'm not saying being vegan isn't reducing animal harm but that's all you do. Reduce,not eliminate.

We're part of an ecosystem where we inevitably embarge on animal lives, simply because we're alive. 

In itself, fur is really not this totally different moral class of harm than the other many ways we use and embarge on animal lives through our lives (yes, vegans too). Especially not if it's sustainably sourced. It's just a very visible reminder of how we hurt animals and I think that's why it provokes a stronger reaction than say the building of a highway (highways are terrible for biodiversity and animal lives in general).

I understand that reaction but it makes the criticism seem a bit arbitrary and not well thought out.

That being said I find that real fur teddy oddly creepy as well, like it's gonna come alive in the night and murder me. It has that Buffalo Bill vibe  :tsk:       

Wtf are any if you even doing talking about this bs? Like live your own fucking life.

You're so edgy coming to a discussion board and telling people not to ... discuss. 

Well done. Give yourself a pat on the back. 

I've been taking down names with a feather pen.

you seriously couldn't think of another hashtag more suited for animals lol?

I'm literally a bird brain.

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.