sweetie

The Blackest Day

I went listening loudly because I was 100% sure it was "half live in lost dreams" but its definitely "have heavy heartstrings" when you listen close.

Shame, I like the lost dreams line better.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I went listening loudly because I was 100% sure it was "half live in lost dreams" but its definitely "have heavy heartstrings" when you listen close.

Shame, I like the lost dreams line better.

I have heavy heartstrings? What the actual fuck? I hear that too now, congratulations sisters... :/ I liked the dream line better.

I swear this is a murder ballad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_ballad

The 'it's trigonometry' phrase suggests that it's either about her murdering both of the men in a love triangle, or only one of them.

Any reading of this song as the narrator expressing pure tragedy has to ignore the second half of the song, or impose a structure that does not make sense (like the 'stages of grief' that genius.com attributes to it).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I swear this is a murder ballad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_ballad

The 'it's trigonometry' phrase suggests that it's either about her murdering both of the men in a love triangle, or only one of them.

Any reading of this song as the narrator expressing pure tragedy has to ignore the second half of the song, or impose a structure that does not make sense (like the 'stages of grief' that genius.com attributes to it).

Yeah, it would work out with the lyrics quite well ...

The plot revolves around her and two lovers.

The first one is the one that "ran away" from her, for whatever reason. Maybe he "just" left her, maybe it has something to do with a crime aswell. The "searching for love in all the wrong places" part most likely means she searches for him. However the fact that she needs to play "head games" with him hints that he knows she searches him and tries to avoid her finding him, so they play "cat and mouse".

She knows what's "yet to come" when she finally finds and kidnaps him  in her new car and then  drives to a place where "she gots him where she wants him". Most likely means she brought him to a place where she could just shoot him.´with her "new gun".

Maybe this lover is  the same guy from Honeymoon, the man with a history of violence.

The second lover is one she doesn't really seem to love that much, even though their relationship has it "going on" since she still things a lot about her old lover. Wether this may be because she still loves him or because she can't forget what he did to her.  Even if she may have light feeling for guy n°2, she most likely just uses him, as a way to distract her from her first lover or maybe just as a cover for what she's really planning. Maybe the "new car and the gun" are things she bought from lover n°2's money.  The "I'm on my own again" phrase  could mean she left him now that she got the runaway lover and fullfilled her plans. Or maybe she disposed of him aswell ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!