SXTH LXX

CL (Former Leader of 2NE1)

UGH THE THREAD I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MY WHOLE LIFE

also, about the k-pop industry comments, yeah, it sucks but the occidental music industry sucks too, like, pretty much every artist (korean or not) is being exploited and used, so let's not act like eastern music industry is the only devil here, like, being a shitty industry is something inherent to the whole music industry itself (you just have to look at how 1D were treated, how Britney's being treated or all the problems Taylor Swift is having), so yeah, the k-pop industry has to change but the occidental one has to change as well

giphy.gif

UGH THE THREAD I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MY WHOLE LIFE

also, about the k-pop industry comments, yeah, it sucks but the occidental music industry sucks too, like, pretty much every artist (korean or not) is being exploited and used, so let's not act like eastern music industry is the only devil here, like, being a shitty industry is something inherent to the whole music industry itself (you just have to look at how 1D were treated, how Britney's being treated or all the problems Taylor Swift is having), so yeah, the k-pop industry has to change but the occidental one has to change as well

I kinda think k-pop (and possible j-pop, at least in the 00's) is on another level though. Companies recruit children and young teenagers early, make them trainees and gives them a schedule to practice all day and have language classes - it's basically the norm to sleep late at night/after midnight and wake up early the next morning - and make them go on diets to control their weights. I don't think that's normal and a child shouldn't have to go through so much pressure. Many rarely get to see their families either. And if they don't debut as a singer or entertainer (idol), at least I would've wonderd what it was all for. Several years of your childhood gone like that.

And if you do get to debut, you're not even allowed to date a person you like. Luckily, HyunA said fuck that and left her company (or maybe they fired her first - it's a bit unclear in my memory) with her boyfriend and they seem to be really happy. And now they're signed under another label. It's just really shitty that her old label ditched her as if she meant nothing to them.

And, as you can guess, I'm still furious how YG Ent. just ended 2NE1 without letting them know. If you've paid any attention to the girls, you can tell that they all have been deeply hurt by the company's actions. (or if you haven't just check the titles to CL's new songs posted above)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She deserved this so much. She's literally the most talented woman I've ever seen in kpop and I'm not even exaggerating. I Hope she will get some recognition... I think the new material is kinda good but def not great

And btw I hope Dara leaves yg soon so they could at least do some activites together as 2ne1 again

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

I kinda think k-pop (and possible j-pop, at least in the 00's) is on another level though. Companies recruit children and young teenagers early, make them trainees and gives them a schedule to practice all day and have language classes - it's basically the norm to sleep late at night/after midnight and wake up early the next morning - and make them go on diets to control their weights. I don't think that's normal and a child shouldn't have to go through so much pressure. Many rarely get to see their families either. And if they don't debut as a singer or entertainer (idol), at least I would've wonderd what it was all for. Several years of your childhood gone like that.

And if you do get to debut, you're not even allowed to date a person you like. Luckily, HyunA said fuck that and left her company (or maybe they fired her first - it's a bit unclear in my memory) with her boyfriend and they seem to be really happy. And now they're signed under another label. It's just really shitty that her old label ditched her as if she meant nothing to them.

And, as you can guess, I'm still furious how YG Ent. just ended 2NE1 without letting them know. If you've paid any attention to the girls, you can tell that they all have been deeply hurt by the company's actions. (or if you haven't just check the titles to CL's new songs posted above)

Also, artists have to pay the label back for all the money the label spends for the training... And you are granted to do that only if you come from the big 3. Many idols live with debts. And yeah Yg def did the girls wrong. I mean, imagine ending the most successful girl group (with the SNSD oc lol) of a generation like that... They were at their primes! Their music was evolving, and don't get me wrong, I love 2ne1 but some more recent music would have been great as most of their material is unlistenable (except most of the singles and the CRUSH album) by today standards

Also, artists have to pay the label back for all the money the label spends for the training... And you are granted to do that only if you come from the big 3. Many idols live with debts. And yeah Yg def did the girls wrong. I mean, imagine ending the most successful girl group (with the SNSD oc lol) of a generation like that... They were at their primes! Their music was evolving, and don't get me wrong, I love 2ne1 but some more recent music would have been great as most of their material is unlistenable (except most of the singles and the CRUSH album) by today standards

I completely agree with you.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I know this thread is about Cl but I guess we're all a bunch of 2ne1 afecionados here and kpop thread Is dead so:

The song, the meaning, the performance, so beautiful. I like Bom so much even tho she's Just a shadow of what she was.

haven't listened to the album/ep in full yet (like, i want to listen to it in the order she placed the songs on it, idk if that makes sense but still) but i can tell it's gonna be amazing, i love this woman

EP out is in full and the track listing is the the tracks im order of the date they were either written or finished

j14CYJi.png

we share the same birthday so i looked her up bc i like music and it's inspiring that an asian artist broke thru to the american sphere of music. don't think west society's open to that much yet, that and looked into how her label shelved her and her past group.

i was listening to her album and the production's really nice. love lover like me, and let it. 5 star was so cute 

UV/Honeymoon

do we even have a fucking 2ne1 thread yet? I still can't get over after that Coachella reunion

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

i was just looking into the group's kinda shelving saga betrayal and discovered their music videos and it was so great to see them perform at coachella, they've got a real love for each other and u can tell the passion's still very much there 

ikr,

when CL gives Bom a pat-pat on her back to cheer her up after her verse, it was really heartwarming

2ne1 is literally the definition of sisterhood, girlpower, feminist, women empowerment without trying too hard to be woke. It's just the way they are.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

ikr,

when CL gives Bom a pat-pat on her back to cheer her up after her verse, it was really heartwarming

2ne1 is literally the definition of sisterhood, girlpower, feminist, women empowerment without trying too hard to be woke. It's just the way they are.

i was especially looking at Bom's career cus she seemed to be going thru it like the most especially w her manager kinda getting caught mistreating her so that was really great to see 

i think their group was kinda one of the pioneering kpop groups, so it's really great that they're getting the recognition that they deserve again, their management then just threw them under the bus 

UV/Honeymoon

3 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

i was especially looking at Bom's career cus she seemed to be going thru it like the most especially w her manager kinda getting caught mistreating her so that was really great to see 

i think their group was kinda one of the pioneering kpop groups, so it's really great that they're getting the recognition that they deserve again, their management then just threw them under the bus 

fuck YG, still, after 7 years

fuck you YG.

8 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

It’s nothing new atp, the company is doing the same thing w/ bp.