Elle

Nikki Lane

Nikki Lane is a 36 year old Country/Blues artist from Greenville, South Carolina and is currently based in Nashville, Tennessee.

49205908231_d4598f631c_b.jpg

She has three full-length records, Walk of Shame (2011), All or Nothin' (2014), and Highway Queen (2017).

Her second album was produced by none other than Dan Auerbach of The Black Keys, who also worked on Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence in 2014.

Additionally, she has released an EP Gone, Gone, Gone (2011).

She opened for Lana Del Rey for a few dates on her NFR Tour during the Midwest Leg and also joined Lana on stage for a duet of her song "Look Away" from her debut record.

Look Away (Live with Lana Del Rey)

Send the Sun (Music Video)

You Can't Talk to Me Like That (Audio)

Even though I've always been known as a very anti-country music fan by my friends, after catching her open for Lana in Wichita, I've given her my stamp of approval! Did anyone else see Nikki's set? x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Nikki was featured in the Let Me Love You Like a Woman video in the golf cart scene, sitting next to Zella Day & Weyes Blood :) I wonder if this means a collaboration between the 4 girls, or one with just Lana & Nikki? I'd be interested to hear a song with them together as their "Look Away" duet from the NFR tour was really beautiful.

I've still been really enjoying Nikki's music, and she's the only "country" artist to ever make it on a playlist of mine, aside from classic Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood :lel:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

The way this thread has only 2 replies :defeated:

Anyway I decided to give Nikki’s Highway Queen album a listen and I actually liked it. This is coming from someone who dislikes BUS. Her voice sounds so much better with a lot of instrumentation and momentum. My favorite songs were Highway Queen, Big Mouth, and Muddy Waters. 

Spoiler

I mean, I quite enjoy Breaking Up Slowly, so-

I most likely will check her out. I'm not very much into country music, but what I've read here is good so I'll give her catalogue a try :smile:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I actually love her music! Her All or Nothin’ record is really bluesy and cool. My favourite songs are probably “Look Away”, “Right Time”, “Highway Queen” and my absolute favourite is “You Can’t Talk to Me Like That” - I’d suggest anyone to check those out! 

This is a thread dedicated to the queen of country, a true living legend, the goddess herself, Nikki Fucking Lane!

Her who gave us amazing bangers such as:

and fap-worthy photoshoots like these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_-NdOmJJRj9Z7eOyRQYw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUU962lsky3gAEHA1W7Br

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWIWbdagGcZXGjG2ukFLL

May Jailer and Booba Dylan could nevaaarr

YEEHAW

EVERYBODY!

Lol I’m actually liking her new album, it’s cute 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

The first track “First High” immediately reminded me of Lana lyrically! The next 3 tracks as well, but probably because I tend to compare everything to Lana lyrics or references, and these two are friends after all :) Overall a very enjoyable album!

I know Nikki isn't very popular in the fandom, but I really love her music ! I adored "Muddy waters" and "Forever lasts forever" on "Highway Queen", and I also really love her new album "Denim & Diamonds" ! "Good Enough" and "Faded" are so good. I think her and Lana can do magic together, remember "Prettiest girl in country music" ... I really hope it comes out one day

lana-del-rey-painting.gif