Sign in to follow this  
Miss Tropicana

[NEW EPISODE] Jack Antonoff talks producing Lana Del Rey - Mix With The Masters

Jack Antonoff recently made a video in which he talks about producing “Mariners Apartment Complex” & “The Greatest”. And apparently shows demo material of “The Greatest” too.

Trailer video: 

Full thing is about 100 minutes long, it is available on https://mixwiththemasters.com/itt35 but it’s required to be a pro-member to watch it. Or buy access to it after becoming a normal member.

Info about this video release:

In this series, we learn about how the versatile creator got involved in songwriting, recording, and production, and progressed from his analog roots to current approaches and techniques. Antonoff imparts his opinions and philosophy on such vital matters as vocal style vs. lyrics, writing sessions, capturing emotion and space, analog vs. digital equipment, simultaneously writing and producing, committing to takes and sounds, collaboration, sharing a vision, avoiding vocal booths, mixing your own productions, and more. He dives into the multi-track session of ‘The Greatest’ by Lana Del Rey, taking you through the initial guitar chord progression from which the song was developed, early demo material, unusual decisions regarding instrumentation and levels, lyrical arrangement, and a variety of parts that includes acoustic guitars, piano, Mellotron, drums, cellos, synthesisers, vocals, and electric sitar!”

I wanna watch the whole thing so bad but I heard the membership is pretty expensive and I guess no one has leaked the whole thing yet (not encouraging leaks pls don't come for me)

i think that really no one has bought it... its a onetime payment of almost 300 dollars (or like 20 dollars a month, and if you want to cancel the monthly payments you have to pay the rest in full)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I honestly forgot that this existed. The fact that no one on LanaBoards has mentioned anything beyond that teaser clip kind of tells me that no one in their right mind would pay 300$ (or even some voidable monthly subscription plan) to hear Jackoff brag about the lackluster production/mastering on NFR.  :rip:

I honestly forgot that this existed. The fact that no one on LanaBoards has mentioned anything beyond that teaser clip kind of tells me that no one in their right mind would pay 300$ (or even some voidable monthly subscription plan) to hear Jackoff brag about the lackluster production/mastering on NFR.  :rip:

I haven't forgotten. I'm still haunted by what he says at 1:24 onwards  :facepalm:

I will hear no more from him.

I haven't forgotten. I'm still haunted by what he says at 1:24 onwards  :facepalm:

I will hear no more from him.

Imagine thinking that the instrumentation on NFR leaves room for your imagination. It's the most unimaginative production on any of Lana's records and I have heard L*st for Life. Honestly the only song on NFR that I'm like "Wow that's kinda cool" would be Venice Bitch, but even on VB there are sonic elements that make me cringe.

I honestly thought I was going to leave the eternal debate about NFR's sound and production behind in 2019, but it's shit like that makes it hard for me to let go and forget about it. Props to him for trying to create some sort of sonic experience on NFR, but with albums like Born To Die, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon I think that it's no easy task (I mean for him maybe). NFR just happen to be too safe and beige/plain for Lana, on top of sounding flat and ever so lackluster to me.

What haunts me the most is the way he bops his head frantically... 

Imagine thinking that the instrumentation on NFR leaves room for your imagination. It's the most unimaginative production on any of Lana's records and I have heard L*st for Life. Honestly the only song on NFR that I'm like "Wow that's kinda cool" would be Venice Bitch, but even on VB there are sonic elements that make me cringe.

I honestly thought I was going to leave the eternal debate about NFR's sound and production behind in 2019, but it's shit like that makes it hard for me to let go and forget about it. Props to him for trying to create some sort of sonic experience on NFR, but with albums like Born To Die, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon I think that it's no easy task (I mean for him maybe). NFR just happen to be too safe and beige/plain for Lana, on top of sounding flat and ever so lackluster to me.

What haunts me the most is the way he bops his head frantically... 

Thing is, many many people DO feel that NFR is the most imaginative, perfectly produced out of her whole discography and I can't handle it . Even LFL had more colour, in fact it's a very colourful album tbh. 

I just want a new era already. I don't want more answers from this one cause none have satisfied me, 

Thing is, many many people DO feel that NFR is the most imaginative, perfectly produced out of her whole discography and I can't handle it . Even LFL had more colour, in fact it's a very colourful album tbh. 

I just want a new era already. I don't want more answers from this one cause none have satisfied me, 

Exactly, I personally was left pretty underwhelmed with LFL, there was too much trap beats and futile lyrics to my personal taste, but at least the songs I loved on there I really loved them. Overall, the album felt more like a party playlist, but a party it was nonetheless. NFR is just too plain and beige for me to enjoy, it's legit her first album that has actually bored me.

I too want a new era ASAP, NFR left me starved. i

7 minutes ago, Embach said:

NEW EPISODE:

ooh how exciting! i hope we get to learn more about lana's vocal takes, the nfr-esque strings in the jimmy section, and the kurt cobain acoustic demo-esque guitars! :smile:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix