Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

i don't even think there's a record label behind this at this point especially if she just came up with the idea to release this as an album in late december so we don't even know if she has funding for this or if she has to organise this herself.

I’m getting the vibe she probably didn’t realize she needed her label’s input. She probably decided it and recorded it herself then assumed she could just upload it the day of. But whenever artists try releasing stuff on their own without consulting their label, it always backfires and the labels usually demand input. She doesn’t care much about making money but they do and her contract probably requires for her to release everything through them so they can profit. I honestly think she just realized AKA’s anniversary was coming up and decided the poetry album last minute without thinking it through.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

yeah lana is that friend that always cancels last minute

well, i hate that this keeps happening but if the delay has something to do with the robbery that really sucks. i hope we’ll get it someday tho i was looking forward to it …

This is disappointing, I really wasn't surprised when I saw the tweet, hopefully in this time she can work more on her craft, and hopefully she'll work on maybe adding instrumentals and perfect the album into a unique work of art. But lately I've become skeptical if Lana would actually be willing to give it her all. If anything I'm just hoping she does her best work for LDR7. I'd say NFR was a huge improvement from LFL and I'd love to see her expand on NFR's laidback, acoustic sound but I wanna see her work with someone else. I try to see the positive side of any situation but I feel like Lana is really losing her touch. Let's just hope that Violet is a beautiful, cohesive project, and LDR7 expands on the momentum that NFR has. Sigh. Stream AKA and leak Serene Queen. I'm bored. 

WGe8ynS.gif

this makes me think it’s being mastered. like the audio files themself are actually being cleaned up and taking longer to clean up. if it was just her reading her poems and shit, it could easily be recorded one day and released the next so give that she’s taking an extra MONTH.

i wonder how she’s going to do it. is it going to be one long 30-40 minute track? will it be separated by poem/track? will there be backing noises/instruments or will it just simply be her reading them? will she have an introduction to the whole thing?

inb4 it’s honeymoon hotline quality voicemail recordings.... -_-

Praying everything that is holy that Jackoff didn't have any input in the production or mastering of this project.  :legend:

Praying everything that is holy that Jackoff didn't have any input in the production or mastering of this project. :legend:

I don’t think he would have anything to do with this project. He’s too busy coming up with melodies for Lana to write to on her next album and working on two or three other projects as well. I really don’t think he’d have time to do anything with this (although it’d be cool if Rick would do some small instrumentals for the background...)

Especially bc he’s mainly a producer and music mixer, there are audio teams who work on mastering and mixing solely audiobooks

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This was posted on Reddit, it looks fake since tracks that aren't live are listed in grey but whooooo can say!

https://www.reddit.com/r/lanadelrey/comments/ekjlly/looks_like_her_spoken_word_album_is_nearly_ready/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

LMAO that is the worst "leaked tracklist" I've ever seen. 

No new info whatsoever. That person has no imagination; they could've made up so much fun stuff ...  

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

That person has no imagination; they could've made up so much fun stuff ...

RIGHT. Some good old fashioned objects + adjectives

Chalk Handprints Upon Smooth Stone

The Hands That Grew Higher

Gravity

The Eyes That Sold Shadows

Etc etc

3lfQEhw.png

RIGHT. Some good old fashioned objects + adjectives

Chalk Handprints Upon Smooth Stone

The Hands That Grew Higher

Gravity

The Eyes That Sold Shadows

Etc etc

I read Chuck instead of chalk and I died laughing for a bit

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Ohhhhh I just saw that it was "leaked" by Lana Del Rey Czech. They lie about everything.

They said her poetry book was coming at 9am LA time half an hour before Lana tweeted it wasn't coming. https://twitter.com/LanaCzech/status/1213348235504496641

They're a compulsive liar. They're the person who told me that they paid Lana $10,000 to pay a private show for them in Prague, that she gave them the poetry book, that NFR and HIAB were the same song, etc.

Definitely fake, not that it offers anything new anyway.

Ohhhhh I just saw that it was "leaked" by Lana Del Rey Czech. They lie about everything.

They said her poetry book was coming at 9am LA time half an hour before Lana tweeted it wasn't coming. https://twitter.com/LanaCzech/status/1213348235504496641

They're a compulsive liar. They're the person who told me that they paid Lana $10,000 to pay a private show for them in Prague, that she gave them the poetry book, that NFR and HIAB were the same song, etc.

Definitely fake, not that it offers anything new anyway.

and let's not forget the «leaked» NFR tracklist that they «got from Lana herself», but «got changed at the last minute». 

So Lanz is in Tulsa with him and apparently she won't let anyone take her pic. I bet it's because she doesn't want us to find out she's there because she delayed her poetry album on the basis that she hasn't had enough time ... lol

https://twitter.com/autumn_paquette/status/1214308347102613505

@baileejohnson on insta has a pic with the c*p and said the same thing

OMG This could be real...

At least the titles sound very Lana

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

LMAO that is the worst "leaked tracklist" I've ever seen. 

No new info whatsoever. That person has no imagination; they could've made up so much fun stuff ...  

In the cock in the cock in the cockpit / racist lyrics to bartender teas

locals only

Fakest thing ever. I’m expecting these tracks to be 1-3 minutes at most. Especially since she said it wasn’t polished & that they’re more gritty. If anything there will probably be little to no production as well. I HOPE she pulls a sirens & has it entirely acoustic! Maybe slight synths or recording noises like her preparing her voice.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif