Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

I got the feeling that she delayed it so that she can complety forget about it....

And yeah some instrumentals would be great. If anything on this album will sound like the Ride Intro or like Burnt Norton I'll be blown away though

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

well its been a month.. I really hope she's not still recording it, i'm really thirsting for this... I loved the poems she posted on instagram especially "happy," "all u have to do is change everything" and "my life is my poetry my lovemaking is my legacy" 

I know people dont think Lanas the greatest poet and I agree a bit, but since she's such my kindred spirit, her words really move me in way greater poets' don't

(and Violets is gonna scalp NFR... its a fact kiss kiss)

I still think this is happening. At the Grammys she made a point of bringing it up. But then she made it sound like she was still working on it, so maybe she’s reworking it a bit or adding things to it. Who knows. But I still think her label would want her to make it somewhat marketable, and I hope that includes physical copies. Plus not lots of big names (as far as I know) are releasing spoken word albums right now, but if Lana’s makes a big enough impact, it could inspire more artists to do the same, so she could be feeling a little pressure from herself to make it better. Us not hearing anything yet shouldn’t be too worrying though, Lana always takes longer than she thinks she will, so “about a month” could very well mean “almost a year” (although I hope not, unless WHF is almost done when she releases Violet).

Maybe she’s organizing leaks to keep us distracted while she finishes this (jk, but imagine)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

This isn’t coming is it

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

i really want to hear this, why cant she just stay true to her word for once, my god

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really need this album...

I was gonna say there’s no way she’d cancel it after already promising the proceeds to charity but then I remembered that whole starry eyed children’s hospital thing....

I think WE could all do that

I believe we CAN.

By the time this book comes out - we will ALL learn to do this bow-N-arrow trick just right  :D

Probably the poetry book is being printed in China (everything is made in China or India these days) ... and ... and with the recent virus problems, all the factories 

have closed down until further notice. So don´t wait too long for it.

Yeah, January went by really fast ! Time flies really quick.

-

I don’t get why you’re all acting as if everything is scrapped: She did say it would be out in February (« about a month »),  plus she posted a now-deleted picture of a microphone (I assumed it was for this project).

Plus: it’s her we’re talking about: everything takes longer than she says it would. Somewhere in February could mean in Spring, I Guess.

I believe we CAN.

By the time this book comes out - we will ALL learn to do this bow-N-arrow trick just right  :D

Probably the poetry book is being printed in China (everything is made in China or India these days) ... and ... and with the recent virus problems, all the factories 

have closed down until further notice. So don´t wait too long for it.

Yeah, January went by really fast ! Time flies really quick.

She literally said she was hand binding them herself to take to indie bookstores, unless she walked that back

BzhmW.png