Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

Fuck...so it’s an audiobook instead of a spoken word album, bummer...

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

So the first audio book is probably being released on July 28th, while its physical hard copy is being released Sept. 29th, right :) But it's weird that she hasn't mentioned or promoted anything about her audiobook being released in 3 weeks...  :facepalm:  Because of that, I won't be surprised if the date gets moved/wasn't serious to begin with etc.

So the first audio book is probably being released on July 28th, while its physical hard copy is being released Sept. 29th, right :) But it's weird that she hasn't mentioned or promoted anything about her audiobook being released in 3 weeks...  :facepalm:  Because of that, I won't be surprised if the date gets moved/wasn't serious to begin with etc.

I think I didn’t get your point? She’s mentioning it tomorrow

Just found this : https://www.amazon.ca/Untitled-SR-1/dp/B08BJBXG6S/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2OLZTXHM9QGAD&dchild=1&keywords=violet+bent+backwards+over+the+grass&qid=1594248627&sprefix=violet+bent+bac%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-2

Apparently the audiobook will include only 14 poems from the physical book and will be accompanied by music from Jack!!!

Edit : Also confirmed that LA who am I to love you is a poem!

Just found this : https://www.amazon.ca/Untitled-SR-1/dp/B08BJBXG6S/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2OLZTXHM9QGAD&dchild=1&keywords=violet+bent+backwards+over+the+grass&qid=1594248627&sprefix=violet+bent+bac%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-2

Apparently the audiobook will include only 14 poems from the physical book and will be accompanied by music from Jack!!!

Edit : Also confirmed that LA who am I to love you is a poem!

Good find!

Here's the decription:

“'Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass' is the title poem of the book and the first poem I wrote of many. Some of which came to me in their entirety, which I dictated and then typed out, and some that I worked laboriously picking apart each word to make the perfect poem. They are eclectic and honest and not trying to be anything other than what they are and for that reason I’m proud of them, especially because the spirit in which they were written was very authentic.” (Lana Del Rey) 

Lana Del Rey brings her breathtaking poetry to life in an unprecedented audiobook. In this stunning spoken word performance, Lana Del Rey reads 14 poems from her debut book Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass accompanied by music from Grammy Award-winning musician Jack Antonoff. Lana’s debut book solidifies her further as “the essential writer of her times” (The Atlantic). This audiobook features Lana reading select poems from the book, including "LA Who Am I to Love You?", "The Land of 1,000 Fires", "Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving", "Never to Heaven", "Tessa DiPietro", "Happy", and several others. The result is an extraordinary poetic landscape that reflects the unguarded spirit of its creator. 

©2020 Lana Del Ray (P)2020 Simon & Schuster Audio
(:toofunny:)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

The OP has been updated with the new information to read as followed - 

Lana Del Rey's poetry book 'Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass' will be released in an audiobook format on July 28th, 2020.

She will be reading 14 of the book's poems with music accompanied by Jack Antonoff, the producer of her previous album 'Norman Fucking Rockwell'

With the original release date being January 4th, Lana originally described the audiobook as "unpolished & gritty freestyle poetry" and pledged to donate half of its proceeds to Native American organizations.

“'Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass' is the title poem of the book and the first poem I wrote of many. Some of which came to me in their entirety, which I dictated and then typed out, and some that I worked laboriously picking apart each word to make the perfect poem. They are eclectic and honest and not trying to be anything other than what they are and for that reason I’m proud of them, especially because the spirit in which they were written was very authentic.” (Lana Del Rey) 

Lana Del Rey brings her breathtaking poetry to life in an unprecedented audiobook. In this stunning spoken word performance, Lana Del Rey reads 14 poems from her debut book Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass accompanied by music from Grammy Award-winning musician Jack Antonoff. Lana’s debut book solidifies her further as “the essential writer of her times” (The Atlantic). This audiobook features Lana reading select poems from the book, including "LA Who Am I to Love You?", "The Land of 1,000 Fires", "Past the Bushes Cypress Thriving", "Never to Heaven", "Tessa DiPietro", "Happy", and several others. The result is an extraordinary poetic landscape that reflects the unguarded spirit of its creator. 

Preorder the audiobook here

50092303462_332bcb805b_o.jpg

Previous OP:

As Lana's poetry book titled 'Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass' is taking longer to bind than expected, she will be releasing a spoken word album of her poetry to be released January 4th.

She claimed the album was "unpolished & gritty freestyle poetry" so it is unclear if this is a spoken version of her poetry book or a completely separate project, although it is most likely associated with the book.

Although she originally intended on the poetry being priced for $1 as "her thoughts are priceless," she has decided to raise the price and donate half to Native American Organizations.

Announcement:

http://instagram.com/p/B-1Rp6ApoYo/

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I think I didn’t get your point? She’s mentioning it tomorrow

Oh that was my point! That she hasn't mentioned it so far - but I'm glad she is tomorrow.

With her history, this can all be pushed to 2025. But the book is being published by a publisher, so that date is probably going to stick. If she was self publishing, that would be another story and another push back date. Her reputation to not release stuff on their dates is how she is.

I hope the book is still going to be $1 like she said.

This makes me feel muchhhh better, thank you so much! I didn't even consider the publisher. Now I'm actually so excited...  :hdu:

As for everything else, definitely feel you lol, usually if there's a way for things to go wrong with her, they do  :facepalm:  But hopefully everything pans out beautifully! The $1 thing isn't happening anymore though, but at least she's apparently donating the additional.

Will there be a physical version of the poetry album or is it only streaming and mp3?

physical too. apparently already for pre order on a UK site

yes i just pre-ordered it on “Books”

wait really?!

for US:

audio: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BJ9MW84/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=violet+bent+backwards+over+the+grass&qid=1594268851&sr=8-2

physical: https://www.amazon.com/Untitled-SR-Confirmed-Simon-Schuster-ebook/dp/B08B6HR6Y4/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=violet+bent+backwards+over+the+grass&qid=1594268851&sr=8-6

~INSTA1.gif