Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

i’m just scared when she does take a break, it will be a very long one

I actually wouldn’t worry about her taking a “long” break. Musicians do take breaks but I just don’t see Lana taking a break that lasts several years. I feel like she is always up to something and always creating. When it feels right she releases something.

In 3 hours we will see if it will be out in NZ or not!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Omg I thought it was the 28th today & was disappointed cause I couldn't find it on Spotify. Tuesday is such a weird day to release an album.

Do we even know 100% that it's going to be on Spotify?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Nah brah, 5 hrs

It's 7pm there

M bad haha...I just woke up and somehow I thought 7+3 is 12..oops :rip:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Damnit,up at 530am for no reason so I guess my countdown begins!so hyped for a clean hd version of Happy, and I have an extra craving to hear Salamander, im not sure why. This day is gonna take forever!!!

I have the feeling that her plans for Violet weren't as big in January as they are now. If she wanted to release it in January or even a month later the books/vinyl records would have had to be ready for delivery in the first half of the year. But now in September they still aren't ready. That makes me think she initially didn't plan for it to be such a big project with 5 vinyl editions etc. If my theory is true I'm happy she waited to release it. I also hope Behind the Iron Gates will be connected to Violet like Born to Die & Paradise.

When she talked about it a week before Jan 4, she said the project sounded unpolished and nitty-gritty. What I read into this is that Jack wasn’t probably on board for the music at first (or, at least, not on all the tracks), and that she didn’t have a publisher back then.

Anyways, I’m happy it’s finally out and in the present form, sounding and looking professional.

I actually wouldn’t worry about her taking a “long” break. Musicians do take breaks but I just don’t see Lana taking a break that lasts several years. I feel like she is always up to something and always creating. When it feels right she releases something.

The only long break for her would be if she had a kid, I guess. Other than that, I don’t see it happening, she is too much of a workaholic.

will she ever take longer than a 2 year break? i had a random thought that she’s trying to get more albums out than TS since she’s at 8 studio albums but Lana isn’t too far behind.

With the poetry albums, she’ll be at 10 in spring (If Iron Gates isn’t delayed) so I don’t think she has anything to worry about. Plus she’s been releasing music for 4 less years than Taylor and is still at the same point so idk why she would ever try to compete anyway. She’s already technically ahead lol. (I did wonder though if Taylor tried to get her album out before Lana’s, but so she could listen to Lana’s in peace lol)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688