Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

Holy shit. 

This is the best project she's ever made.

Everyone who said Jack was great, I'm sorry I doubted you. His score has such incredible range, and it totally transforms the work.

Land of 100 Fires - if you loved the Hollyweird vibe of the Lust for Life trailer, you're going to love this track. It's old timey, brassy and WITCHY.

3lfQEhw.png

These poems are really hitting me hard. I kinda feel almost like Lana would be happier just as a writer, like writing poetry, maybe short stories or even novels. Maybe even plays, musicals, idk. She could have a normal life and wouldn’t have to share her stories anymore but could still write bc she seems to need to write. I wouldn’t ever want her to leave music but sometimes I just really feel for her situation.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Land of 100 Fires - if you loved the Hollyweird vibe of the Lust for Life trailer, you're going to love this track. It's old timey, brassy and WITCHY.

omfggg i can not wait any longer ...

Holy shit. 

Everyone who said Jack was great, I'm sorry I doubted you. His score has such incredible range, and it totally transforms the work.

STAHP :defeated:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Holy shit.

The "problem" (for the people who saw one with NFR) was never Jack. He’s an incredible producer. It was Lana. She always has the final word on how her records sound like. She’s the one who chose that type of production for NFR. Jack just does what she wants ;)

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The "problem" (for the people who saw one with NFR) was never Jack. He’s an incredible producer. It was Lana. She always has the final word on how her records sound like. She’s the one who chose that type of production for NFR. Jack just does what she wants ;)

Yes and no.

She has the final word, yes, but iirc Jack had a sound that he thought was fitting for Lana and after listening to it, she liked it. So, whoever sees any problem w NFR, they're both to blame

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

My Bedroom Is A Sacred Place Now There Are Children At The Foot of My Bed

Last year, when I wrote you my last letter,

(the beginning of my future poetry),

I acknowledged who you really were for the first time.

I didn’t call you by any other name,

I let you know that I knew the true nature of your heart.

That it was evil, and that it convinced me that darkness was real,

that the devil is a real devil,

and that monsters don’t always know that they’re monsters.

But projection is an amazing thing.

After you left and burnt the house down,

you tried to convince me that it was I who was holding the matches.

You told me that I didn’t know who I was, but I do.

I love rose gardens.

I plant violets every time someone leaves me.

I love the great secoys [this is a plant I dunno how to spell sorryyyy] of Yosemite

And if you asked me sister to describe the first thing she thinks of when she thinks of me,

she would say “Camp fire smoke”.

I’m gentle,

I’m funny when I’m drunk,

But I haven’t been drunk for 14 years.

I go on trips with my friends to the beach who don’t know that I’m crazy.

I can do that.

I can do anything

Even leave you.

Because my bedroom is a sacred place now that there are children at the end of my bed,

telling me stories about the friends that they pretend to hate, that they will make up with later.

And there are fresh cut flowers that I grew myself in vases from the yard on nightstands, hand carved by old pals from Big Sir.

And the longer I stay here,

the more I am sure,

that the more I step into becoming a poet,

The less I will fall into being with you.

The more I step into my poetry,

The less I will fall into bed with you.

3lfQEhw.png

I'm shook, I want to listen to the whole thingggg

sis really made me enjoy poetry for once huh  :defeated:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

love it now someone upload to dbree so the others can listen to it HAHAHAHA

Nope. :)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

love it now someone upload to dbree so the others can listen to it HAHAHAHA

(Un)fortunately, there are no FILES to download, it's just a steam. It will be up soon. You're going to love it and it's worth the wait. 

3lfQEhw.png