Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

I wonder when she'll drop the cover or the tracklist

Where are all the snippets?!

Before this 3 part MV came out I was thinking how cool it'd be if she did some visuals to go with this audio VBBOTG, but now ... not so much.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

She dumped Barrie before Ultraviolence, Francesco a little bit after Honeymoon, Gerald Eazington before Left 4 Dead, and Chase when NFR was released. If this counts as her next album, Fuckstick's days are numbered

source.gif

She dumped Barrie before Ultraviolence, Francesco a little bit after Honeymoon, Gerald Eazington before Left 4 Dead, and Chase when NFR was released. If this counts as her next album, Fuckstick's days are numbered

source.gif

:lmao:

source.gif

Yep! I've posted about this before. I was delighted when she called this a "spoken word album" and not an "audio book" or something. By doing so, she has invoked the sorcery.  :oic2:

Then she can date someone good like Keanu Reeves.

this isn't a real album in her discog. the copper won't be dumped until WHF era begins sadly 

Shhhh. 

what if she holds the spoken word album hostage until they find out who stole chuck’s work

Nobody's returning that shit for various reasons so  :rip: if that's the case. 

It'll either leak, or be found 20 years from now by a holidaying Lana stan in a Moldovian marketplace. 

We’re less than a week now!!! I’m so pumped for this. The fact that we know almost nothing about it other than it’s spoken word poetry makes it even more exciting. I’m just really looking forward to experience this. I love poetry, I love Lana’s speaking voice, and I love surprises. I hope she doesn’t tease it on Instagram first since we truly know nothing and I wanna keep it that way. I also hope she releases physical copies, even if they’re just for a limited time or for record store day or something. I can’t wait to find out what type of background music it has or whatever. I wonder if she’ll read poems she’s already posted or completely new ones. There’s just so much to find out. Sorry that this isn’t going anywhere.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

After the acclaim she’s been having all year I’d hate to see this vanity project become a cringe laughing stock.

Which is probably how it's going to be depicted. I mean judging from most of the poems she has shown us thus far. Her poetry is very hit or miss for me.

Critical acclaim is such a weird concept. Lana didn't receive any on any of her albums until NFR. But she somehow powered through and released actual amazing albums, that NFR has nothing on them imho. It's also very momentary. We'll see next week. That's if she actually releases something on time for once!

After the acclaim she’s been having all year I’d hate to see this vanity project become a cringe laughing stock.

Given her weird Instagram caption ('I feel sorry for Norm's little sister' or something along those lines) and the low key approach to the release I think she is hoping to mitigate any criticism for her next album by doing this lo-fi release. It's going to be almost impossible to maintain or topple the acclaim from NFR onto her next major work unless it's batshit crazy different.

I think this is going to act sort of like a speed bump between NFR and WHF - for this spoken word album, how could anyone complain about this release when it seems to be very spur of the moment, presumably very cheap, and low effort album when that's how she's told everyone it will be?

It'll basically absolve her from criticism and will be just considered a weird side project, and her following album will be benchmarked to 'weird but kooky lo-fi poetry album', thus looking infinitely more sophisticated. It'll also be a whole body of work away from NFR!  :oic2:

3lfQEhw.png

Critical acclaim is such a weird concept. Lana didn't receive any on any of her albums until NFR.

Ultraviolence was actually 'universally' known as one of the finest 2014 releases (multiple year-end lists...)... Honeymoon was positively reviewed but misunderstood. Lust for Life was praised. Born to Die is retrospectively admired.

When I listen to the album "Honeymoon", I always skip "Burnt Norton" (Sorry!). My fiancée always disagrees with me (It's her favorite album and she likes to hear everything).

So, about this "Spoken Poetry Album", I predict that she will love it and I will surely have problems... lol

I am guessing at best that it will be something like "Burnt Norton"

Disagree cause the Burnt Norton Interlude is fucking amazing and puts me in such a peaceful mood, but what made it amazing is that she actually used someone else's poetry... hearing Lana talking about macha tea and going to that church poetry form... eh  :oic2:

Disagree cause the Burnt Norton Interlude is fucking amazing and puts me in such a peaceful mood, but what made it amazing is that she actually used someone else's poetry... hearing Lana talking about macha tea and going to that church poetry form... eh :oic2:

And I will have to hear that... I can't escape! lol

giphy.gif