Sweet serial killer
I love you just a little too much
Love you just a little too much, much

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

Baby, I’m a sociopath,

Sweet serial killer.

On the warpath,

‘Cause I love you just a little too much

I love you just a little too much (much, much)

You can see me drinking cherry cola,

Sweet serial killer,

I left a love note

Said you know I love the thrill of the rush.

You know I love the thrill of the rush (rush, rush).

Everyone else in the world seems to think these highlighted lines are "Sweet serial killer" too, but I can't make myself hear it that way. Does anyone else hear "It's a real killer" at these spots? I know I'm not losing my mind, there's only five syllables there... right?

(You send me right to heaven)... Sweet serial killer (I guess I’ll see him over).

Thank you!!! This is the first plausible interpretation I've heard for the spoken portions.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

You can see me drinking cherry cola

I've always heard "cherry Coke".

(You send me right to heaven),

Sweet serial killer (I guess I’ll see him over).

"You send me right" doesn't sound quite right. And it sounds more like "I guess I'll see you never" to me.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I've always heard "cherry Coke".

I hear Cola.

"You send me right" doesn't sound quite right. And it sounds more like "I guess I'll see you never" to me.

It could be "You send me up" but there's definitely a long "O" in the last part.

Listening to the song right now, it sounds like she says it differently the second time: "If I'm ever up to heaven... I guess I'll take you over" But I'm not sure. This song is kicking my butt.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Everyone else in the world seems to think these highlighted lines are "Sweet serial killer" too, but I can't make myself hear it that way. Does anyone else hear "It's a real killer" at these spots? I know I'm not losing my mind, there's only five syllables there... right?

PrettyBaby, you apparently are losing your mind, sorry. It’s okay though, you can go ahead and commit yourself to the asylum that is now taking patients who dislike I Sing The Body Electric. :P

It’s Cherry Coke and sweet serial killer. Though to your credit it really does sound like it’s a real killer if you tell yourself that’s what it is as you listen to the line. It's hard to decipher the line because she pronounces serial oddly (for rhythmic purposes) by placing the accent on the middle syllable, RI, rather than the customary first syllable, SE, so it sounds awkward, hence the confusion. However, the giveaway is that the first sound of the line is undeniably an S sound. That's what makes it certain. Also, the fact that she indisputably says sweet serial killer very clearly in the other section of the song adds to the likelihood that that is indeed what she is singing previously, no?

Ugh, some of the Auto-Tune in this song. WHY? That goddamn software should never go anywhere near her ever again. It’s so incredibly unnecessary.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I can’t stop what I love to do. [have]

Said you know I love the thrill of the rush. [since] [Not 100% on this one]

Sweet serial killer (I guess I’ll see him over). [i guess i'll take your number]

Just thought i'd give my input, not 100% sure on the since/said.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Oh my god. :O

I heard this initially too! I always thought it was It's a real killer until I read the lyrics someone posted, then I listened closely and I heard Sweet serial killer too. I like the way It's a real killer sounds better, but the latter makes more sense in the overall song.

Ugh, don't you just HATE it when you're listening to a song and the artist gets the lyrics wrong? Sheesh. :P

14417469274.gif

see, I hear sweet serial killer first, then It's a real killer second so...

Baby, I’m a sociopath,
Sweet serial killer, on the warpath
‘Cause I love you just a little too much
I love you just a little too much
You can see me drinking cherry Coke
It's a real killer, I left a love note
Said, "You know I love the thrill of the rush."
You know I love the thrill of the rush

but only in that verse (chorus? bridge?) and the repeat, everywhere else sounds like serial killer..

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

so the live performance is a little different than the recorded version, right? when i first listened to it i was convinced it was "drinking cherry COLA" (because of the background vocals) but then it became clear to me that it was COKE (esp. since it rhymes better with 'note'). 

however--in the live version she is clearly singing "cola." hmmmm

let me be who i'm meant to be

I love these lyrics... the bridge kinda ruins it but :oprah: I remember when I used to be OBSESSED with this song.

Wah, my brain tricked me into thinking that I've commented Serial Killer before, or maybe it was in MermaidMotel?

Anyhoo, does it need for the OP to be summoned to edit these kind of abandoned posts or can mods edit them?

I'm listening a 4:33 length version, ya know just in case there's other length of the file due to dead air or sth.

What I believe is, that even in the song it was always Cola. Never quite heard It's a serial killer.

You can see me drinkin' cherry co.. (laaah)

Though it sure can be Coke, the live video confirmed (the alt-lyric, if you will) the Cola line.

And oh how the backlyric amused me. As the song progresses towards the end, the instrumentation got crowdier and my brain is hearing all sorts of convoluted, ridic lines, one after the other. Such as:

01:11 (If summer ne'er had to happen) Sweet serial killer~ (I guess I'll see you never...) do it for the thrill of it all <--what does he do it for, then?

01:11 (This summer had to happen) <-- A plan? A trip in the summer?

01:11 (December had to happen) <-- What? Mayan apocalypse? That day we met?

01:23 (You said, (you'd) never let'it to happen)

01:23 (He said, ...)

02:46 (If us ne'er had to happen) Sweet serial killer~ (I guess I'll see another (boi)...) .... <--just plain logic lel

02:57 (He sent an'envelope to heaven) Sweet serial killer~ (I guess I'll see you never...) <--- an envelope to heaven, no comment, maybe to reply a postcard.

But surprise us, Lana...

The moans, the vocalization, the sweeping strings, the low-key menacing strings, the beats... easily made it one of my all time fave ;'))!!

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

When it comes to the problematic line, I can't ward off my idiotic associations with cereals :$ I hate it when some irrelevant thought of this kind "destroys" (doesn't mean I cease to like it but the song becomes hilarious even if Lana didn't mean it to be) a song for me, it's still better than "Black Beauty", though: initially I kept picturing a horse (because of Anna Sewell's novel) every time I heard the chorus and it took me quite a while to weed it out.

And OMG, I was so happy when I saw a vid of her performing this song :heart: I started hoping that one day she will embrace all of her unreleased stuff.

And the wind I know it’s cold

I can't ward off my idiotic associations with cereals

Not as ~idiotic as this person who did this :creep:

tumblr_m8uozqfXrt1qacaseo1_r1_500.jpg

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.