Sign in to follow this  
Terrence Loves Me

Flowers in the Attic

The incredibly gothic novel by Virginia Andrews

flowersintheattic_cover__span.jpg

I was wondering if anyone here had ever read it? I just finished it, and im now reading the second book. Its very disturbing and sad. I really like it though :(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

LOVE these books :defeated: They manage to be over-the-top gothic soap opera fodder without losing any emotional punch, which is a pretty amazing feat, imo.

My Sweet Audrina is an amazing standalone novel by Andrews that I love more than Flowers in the Attic some days — you should check it out if you like this series!

Be careful, though, because anything besides the first four Flowers books, My Sweet Audrina, and the first two Heaven books are by a ghostwriter working under Andrews’ name, and they’re not nearly as balanced and good as the stuff she wrote :/

o4qjp4j.png

LOVE these books :defeated: They manage to be over-the-top gothic soap opera fodder without losing any emotional punch, which is a pretty amazing feat, imo.

My Sweet Audrina is an amazing standalone novel by Andrews that I love more than Flowers in the Attic some days — you should check it out if you like this series!

Be careful, though, because anything besides the first four Flowers books, My Sweet Audrina, and the first two Heaven books are by a ghostwriter working under Andrews’ name, and they’re not nearly as balanced and good as the stuff she wrote :/

Wait really? Because i ordered the book series of Flowers and there are five books, the last one is Garden of Shadows.. shall i stay clear of it?? Is that even aloud? To just use someone elses name? Surely not

Also yes i'll definitely check out My Sweet Audrina too after i finish this series, its sad that she died such a long time ago, not even long after she published the series

Wait really? Because i ordered the book series of Flowers and there are five books, the last one is Garden of Shadows.. shall i stay clear of it?? Is that even aloud? To just use someone elses name? Surely not

Also yes i'll definitely check out My Sweet Audrina too after i finish this series, its sad that she died such a long time ago, not even long after she published the series

I think there’s some debate over how much of Garden of Shadows was written by VC, and the ghostwriter has confirmed that he wrote almost all of it based on some really early outlines VC left. I started it and could tell a difference I didn’t like, so I ditched it, but don’t let that stop you from trying it out!!

And, I’m pretty sure her ghostwriter had the permission of the family/publisher to keep up the VC Andrews brand by writing under her name, but he’s still cranking out new series and sequels constantly, and I can’t help but think there’s a dip in quality just so they can keep making money ://///

o4qjp4j.png

I think there’s some debate over how much of Garden of Shadows was written by VC, and the ghostwriter has confirmed that he wrote almost all of it based on some really early outlines VC left. I started it and could tell a difference I didn’t like, so I ditched it, but don’t let that stop you from trying it out!!

And, I’m pretty sure her ghostwriter had the permission of the family/publisher to keep up the VC Andrews brand by writing under her name, but he’s still cranking out new series and sequels constantly, and I can’t help but think there’s a dip in quality just so they can keep making money ://///

I find that a little strange and sad, i'd hate some randomer to write and step into a world that i crafted. Especially if i was dead and someone was doing it, i think it was kinda wrong of the family to allow it as well. I mean surely they just wanted money... but then wasnt flowers in the attic based on a true story? Wether it was Virginia's true story or not, i guess im not surprised by the situation lol

i finally finished flowers in the attic! the last few chapters were really good. now i'll have to start reading the next book in the series and go on from there! i've been needing more things to do while i'm stuck at home and i have a lot of v.c andrews books, i just haven't read them. i'm pretty stoked about it.

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix