Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful Loser

Iranian military leader Soleimani murdered on Trump’s orders

_110379537_hi058907106.jpg

Iran's most powerful military commander, General Qasem Soleimani, has been killed by a US air strike in Iraq.

The 62-year-old spearheaded Iranian military operations in the Middle East as head of Iran's elite Quds Force.

He was killed at Baghdad airport, along with other Iran-backed militia figures, early on Friday in a strike ordered by US President Donald Trump.

Soleimani's killing marks a major escalation in tensions between Washington and Tehran.

Under his leadership, Iran had bolstered Hezbollah in Lebanon and other pro-Iranian militant groups, expanded Iran's military presence in Iraq and Syria and orchestrated Syria's offensive against rebel groups in the country's long civil war.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said "severe revenge awaits the criminals" behind the attack. He also announced three days of national mourning.

Soleimani was widely seen as the second most powerful figure in Iran, behind the Ayatollah Khamenei. His Quds Force, an elite unit of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, reported directly to the ayatollah and he was hailed as a heroic national figure.

But the US has called the commander and the Quds Force terrorists and holds them responsible for the deaths of hundreds of US personnel.

President Trump, who was in Florida at the time of the strike, tweeted an image of the American flag shortly after the news broke.

A statement from the Pentagon - the headquarters of the US Department of Defense - said Soleimani had been "developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region".

"This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans," it added.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50979463

—————————————

This is very serious and Iran might declare war against the US as their response to the murder. People on Twitter seem to mostly tweet jokes and memes about a Third World War will begin soon, but I’m not so sure about that. But then again, I haven’t read too much about this, just a little for the past hour or so.

I hope there won’t be a war. I haven’t been in Iran and I don’t speak Farsi, but I feel a connection to the country since my dad came from there. I know the economic sanctions have made food and medicine a lot more expensive to buy in Iran, I wish the Iranians don’t have to live through a war too.

I made this thread because I have a feeling this conflict might escalate soon and it would be nice to have a place to discuss future news or just share them.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

It's moved things closer to war but I don't think Iran will do anything major to upset the USA.

The USA are desperate to destroy Iran and Syria but unless Iran or Syria start it they won't do anything and Iran and Syria won't start anything. Israel are even more desperate for the USA to destroy Iran and Syria and I think if anything is to escalate there it will be Israel who provoke it, Israel know that if anyone touches them it opens the door to the USA invading them. Israel will be delighted at this and probably are now plotting on how they can get the USA to invade Iran and Syria through this, either by assassinating more people sneakily making people think it's the USA to provoke Iran and Syria or they maybe even will set up Americans to be assassinated to provoke America into blaming Iran or Syria for it and going to war with them since there will be more tension and Iran and Syria will be fuming at this.

That CNBC headline made me wince, the media is already in full reactionary propaganda mode. Before a few days ago, a great majority of Americans didn't know who General Soleimani was. Now he's "The World's No 1 Bad Guy"? Is the United States really viewed as any better, or ..? 

Donald trump is fucking batshit insane, he makes me ashamed to be an American

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

@ the problem is... things weren't exactly different under Bush and Obama, and probably wouldn't be any different under a President Clinton either. This is simply about the US believing they somehow rule the world and can do whatever they want, and kill whoever they want.

USA: *murders heads of states, military leaders, and other high officials, bombs entire villages and cities, kills thousands of civilians and basically destabilises the entire region because war = $$$*

Middle-Eastern countries: *hate everything western and want to destroy the US to take revenge*

USA:

maxresdefault.jpg

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

jesus fucking christ...apparently men with "histories of mental illness" cannot be drafted, so at least I have that going for me

bipolar depression, anxiety, & schizoactive tendencies finally coming thru for me? maybe 2020 really is my year  :toofunny:

on a srs note though, its sad that America has a history of letting one racist ruin it for everyone else. hopefully things don't escalate.