Sign in to follow this  
DinahLee

New Version of NFR to be released January 10th

I posted this on the post-release thread but it's honestly so messy and iconic that it deserves it's on thread.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/lana-del-rey/nfr-new-version

Rough Trade says

"New version after an issue with a sample. The always incredible Lana Del Rey is back with her amazing new album NFR!.[...]"

Is it another Get Free situation? Is Lana about to scam some twinks into buying more copies of the same album after 38389389 vinyl and covers variants? Is the vinyl color going to change too?

Send your bets.

prolly forgot to credit a sample or theyre just sayin its a samplissue to fix FIILY

edit: ive just checked with my favorite local reseller and it lists hope with the regular 5.24 length instead of the 5.58 extended one

image.png

I don't understand, is it a deluxe edition? What is this Get Free situation btw? Could someone enlighten me?

EDIT: sorry, got a little lost in translation here  :toofunny:

Radiohead sued Lana because they think Get Free sounds like their song Creep

let's try to find what she sampled!

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Wouldn't it just be fixing up the mixing in Fuck It I Love You?

Otherwise a sampling thing maybe from the Cinnamon Girl outro.

GIVE US BONUS ACOUSTIC TRACKS LANA

They said it's a sampling issue.

The only sampling occurs in Cinnamon Girl (@4:22, it's from a Bleachers track), and as Dominikk said, in the extended version of Hope (Jack's voice).

Interesting ... I'm not gonna say it

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Hopefully this’ll be the straw that broke the camel’s back and she’ll FINALLY fire Ben and Ed

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I actually thought fiily and hope were meant to sound the way they do, i thought it was like a Vinyl exclusive thing or something, its soo funny to me how messy her team is :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :toofunny: Im keeping my old copy though, if they're changing it, its gotta be worth A LOT some day, can u imagine

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Yep, even my record store has listed “NFR new version” on their website. It wasn’t there yesterday.

It says Doin’ Time is a new version on the tracklist, no other song. https://www.bengans.se/cgi-bin/ibutik/AIR_ibutik.fcgi?funk=visa_artikel&artnr=3720367

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yep, even my record store has listed “NFR new version” on their website. It wasn’t there yesterday.

It says Doin’ Time is a new version on the tracklist, no other song. https://www.bengans.se/cgi-bin/ibutik/AIR_ibutik.fcgi?funk=visa_artikel&artnr=3720367

what on allah's earth is happening today

Are we surprised? The woman attracts chaos.

gemini things

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

That's so strange, I thought that she was gonna pull a Queen of the Clouds an Re-release the album while promoting a new single with new production, for example Cinnamon Girl, but Doin' Time? What the hell are they doing? 

8nl2OpX.png

So ... they decided to fuck with the most perfect song, production-wise, on the album? Gooddddd

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I’m not that surprised to be honest, we all knew something was wrong when we heard the alternative versions of FIILY and hope. I just thought they would either fix the problem right away or just let it be. The funny thing is though that the album was done in May 2019 when she decided to add DT so I feel like at least someone must have noticed they put the wrong versions of the songs on the records lol!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png