Sign in to follow this  
DinahLee

New Version of NFR to be released January 10th

I lowkey hate that it's a sample..all this time I thought lana was just dishing out high notes left and right :toofunny:

what is she actually paying ben and ed to do

Reply to fan comments about how hard they work, yet continuing to prove us right by allowing shit like this to happen :smokes:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

They said it's a sampling issue.

The only sampling occurs in Cinnamon Girl (@4:22, it's from a Bleachers track), and as Dominikk said, in the extended version of Hope (Jack's voice).

Interesting ... I'm not gonna say it

If this is true, does this mean she's cutting ties with Jack??? Since Bleachers is literally his project?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

If this is true, does this mean she's cutting ties with Jack??? Since Bleachers is literally his project?

RIP @@Jared

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

i'm not trying to be funny at all, but maybe Doin' Time. like Sublime's Doin' Time. Also Sublime sampled Summertime by Janis Joplin so maybe she needs to credit her too or something.

It’s so funny to me cause this is still not the whole story fjdjsksk

Janis herself sampled it from a George Gershwin piece

And my delusional ass thought that Looking for America would be on it as a Bonus track.....but no ...

Lana and her team are a mess

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

It would have made sense, honestly. Wasted opportunity here  :facepalm:

Didn’t she say the proceeds for that song was going to a cause tho? Without putting it on an album she won’t have to separate proceeds for that track from album sales so I guess it’s her way of making it “easier” or cheaping out of you see it that way

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Didn’t she say the proceeds for that song was going to a cause tho? Without putting it on an album she won’t have to separate proceeds for that track from album sales so I guess it’s her way of making it “easier” or cheaping out of you see it that way

You're right! I had forgotten all about that! I guess that would make it hard to give the charities the right amount on a new edition of NFR with that song on it. 

But isn't this new version released on vinyls only? Why would they repress vinyls just for the credit/sampling issue? This is just strange.. WHAT IS THE TRUTH HERE??

no it's not it's also released on cd

the very first post in this thread has a link to store that has a huge CD button right next to the album cover

i76mrxw.png 

And my delusional ass thought that Looking for America would be on it as a Bonus track.....but no ...

Lana and her team are a mess

I was about to write something like "blah blah I don't think it would have fit anyway" but it would've been a great addition. Potentially her team don't want to complicate it further for the Grammy campaign.

Would love "NFR! - The Antonoff Edition" deluxe pressing with additional takes, demos and acoustics with bonus tracks. Don't think its popular enough though loooool

3lfQEhw.png

I was about to write something like "blah blah I don't think it would have fit anyway" but it would've been a great addition. Potentially her team don't want to complicate it further for the Grammy campaign.

Would love "NFR! - The Antonoff Edition" deluxe pressing with additional takes, demos and acoustics with bonus tracks. Don't think its popular enough though loooool

This would be cool, i still dream of the demo version of NFR that she sang on live one time. Weirdly, when i sing the title track I usually change the second “your head in your hands as you color me blue” in the second chorus to “your head in your hands you think you’re Norman fuckin’ Rockwell too” bc it fits and i feel like it should’ve been the lyrics (even though there’s no proof that she ever had that lyric in mind ever hahaha)

giphy.gif