Sign in to follow this  
Trash Magic

Rick Nowels inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame

Mariah Careythe Isley BrothersEurythmics and Steve Miller are among the 2020 inductees into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

The Neptunes’ Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo, Lana Del Rey collaborator Rick Nowels, and Motown great William “Mickey” Stevenson will also receive the honor during a June 11th ceremony at New York’s Marriott Marquis.

Nile Rodgers — who was appointed chairman of the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2019 — said of the 2020 class in a statement: “The first thing you need to know is it’s about the song, the second thing you need to know is it’s about the song, the third thing you need to know is it’s about the song. I am very proud that we are recognizing some of the culturally most important songwriters of all time and that the 2020 slate of inductees represents diversity and unity across genres, ethnicity and gender, writers who have enriched our lives and in their time literally transformed music and helped make it what it is today.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mariah-carey-steve-miller-neptunes-2020-songwriters-hall-of-fame-938643/

Hopefully Lana will be involved in the June 11 ceremony somehow! I'm expecting an instagram post from her at least...

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

unsurprising jack antonoff isn't! maybe next year!

for real lana should be inducted tho

i think you have to a credited song writer for a certain amount of years before being inducted but the two of them will probably be later on

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i think you have to a credited song writer for a certain amount of years before being inducted but the two of them will probably be later on

lana should, but without jack antonoff