Beautiful Loser

Clampi draws stuff

Heyo!

Like I mentioned in my blog post earlier this month, I was thinking of starting a non-Lana related art thread here too. Don't worry, I will come back to drawing Lana one day, but I just feel like drawing other people and things sometimes too. I have many ideas in my head, like most others I guess, and ideas I keep in my mental list of things I'd like to create. I thought this would be a nice place to share them as well. But if you're here for Lana, click here to check out my thread.

I'm currently working on a short 2-page comic. Since I'm currently unemployed and don't know what I'd like to study next, most of my days are quite unfulfilling and I wanted to make a comic about that feeling and still trying to make something of your day. I've only drawn three panels so far, about to work on the fourth right now, so I won't share it yet, but I hope it can be of help somehow for anyone out there who might feel the same.

But I figured I need to show something to start off this thread, so below is a drawing I sketched sometime last year and eventually finished in October for Inktober with a The Legend of Zelda twist. This is Princess Zelda from one of the video games, and while her head isn't perfect if you stare too long at it, I'm still proud of it. If you'd like to see more of my doodles art for Linktober, you can check out my Twitter thread. I won't post them all here because they'd just take up a lot of space. And I don't think so many of you here are that interested tbh.

BIsC92q.jpg

I've also been trying to think of things to use my colored markers for recently! Those of you who has seen my art before knows that I almost exclusively draw in black and white, but I want to use these markers now that I have a few colors to choose from. :)

More will be coming soon (hopefully)! Thanks for stopping by. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Have you tried making and selling stuff, theres many ways to make decent money when you are good at drawing. Like fans of sports teams will buy novelty things like t-shirts, mugs, socks, stickers and stuff of drawings of iconic players or moments for their teams or just good personalised framed drawings of things.

Im sure i've seen you mention before that you are unsure what you want to do as a job and didn't like what you were studying for but if you are good at drawing and you enjoy it you could attempt to turn it into a job.

Have you tried making and selling stuff, theres many ways to make decent money when you are good at drawing. Like fans of sports teams will buy novelty things like t-shirts, mugs, socks, stickers and stuff of drawings of iconic players or moments for their teams or just good personalised framed drawings of things.

Im sure i've seen you mention before that you are unsure what you want to do as a job and didn't like what you were studying for but if you are good at drawing and you enjoy it you could attempt to turn it into a job.

You're not the first person to suggest that. I even had a new made friend offering me advice if I'd ever start an Etsy shop.I'm just so convinced that no one would be interested in buying my art (but then again, me selling it could just be a thing I do on the side of other things I suppose, it doesn't have to be a full-time project) because not even I think it's very interesting. I enjoy making art but like... I just find it hard to imagine that anyone would want to buy my black and white things lol.

But I did buy a notebook to write down things if I ever want to start an Etsy. Because I have so many questions that I want to try to find an answer to before I start, so I figured I could write down things concerning starting a shop in it. So I guess that's a small step already? One of those questions is like... who to hire to print up X copies of a drawing, and how much would that cost?

You're also not the first person to suggest that I study something about art. Once again, I just can't imagine finding a job with an art degree (because I've heard it can be so competitive - and I've never really worked with digital art, which I assume is something "everyone" should know today) and I don't think I'm strong or creative enough right now to start something on my own. And there's a small voice telling me to not think I'm somebody and that anyone could replace me. "There's always someone better out there" after all, why would anyone want me/be interested in my art? Also, I'm not sure if I want to keep art as a hobby or if I should try yo make a profession of it yet.

Thank you for the comment though! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Fabulous artwork. You got style!  

CONGRATS!  :gclap: 

It´s not easy to draw with pen. One mistake and ... and you either work around it or scrap the whole thing.

I know, I have done many artworks with pen and other media. Not easy.

An artwork a day... will surely keep the doctors away !... and also make you feel healthy and more happy with yourself.

If you dont want to work with a pencil or brush on any particular day, work with Photoshop !

--- Do an artwork EACH DAY of your life !

-

Don't be rude now, that person took the time to write an extremely long post only in an attempt to help you! :O

And I want to use the materials I choose. I get their point, but I don't want to use blood. I faint easily when I see blood and I've seen enough during the anatomy classes I've had. And I'd probably puke if I had a cup of blood standing next to me for hours while working with it.

I've worked with different kinds of pencils before (HB 2B etc, like they mentioned above) and I've been thinking of trying them again lately. And like I wrote in my OP, I'm also trying to play with markers (and watercolor) lately.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Absolutely beautiful!!! Like everyone else has said, you're so talented :defeated: idk anything about Zelda (my dad game me a game for xmas but I haven't played it yet) but that's super pretty, maybe I'll give the game a chance lol

UbsOye5.png

You're not the first person to suggest that. I even had a new made friend offering me advice if I'd ever start an Etsy shop.I'm just so convinced that no one would be interested in buying my art (but then again, me selling it could just be a thing I do on the side of other things I suppose, it doesn't have to be a full-time project) because not even I think it's very interesting. I enjoy making art but like... I just find it hard to imagine that anyone would want to buy my black and white things lol.

But I did buy a notebook to write down things if I ever want to start an Etsy. Because I have so many questions that I want to try to find an answer to before I start, so I figured I could write down things concerning starting a shop in it. So I guess that's a small step already? One of those questions is like... who to hire to print up X copies of a drawing, and how much would that cost?

You're also not the first person to suggest that I study something about art. Once again, I just can't imagine finding a job with an art degree (because I've heard it can be so competitive - and I've never really worked with digital art, which I assume is something "everyone" should know today) and I don't think I'm strong or creative enough right now to start something on my own. And there's a small voice telling me to not think I'm somebody and that anyone could replace me. "There's always someone better out there" after all, why would anyone want me/be interested in my art? Also, I'm not sure if I want to keep art as a hobby or if I should try yo make a profession of it yet.

Thank you for the comment though! :)

To start off you could pick a market that you can get noticed in and over time can make money off once you establish yourself even if it's something or someone you don't really like although it would be easier if it was something you knew a lot about. It would likely be very difficult to for example try and become someone who makes random things based on your own designs, you would probably have to target a specific thing like a celebrity or something a lot of people like and are fans off but at the same time some celebrities probably already have many people trying to do the same thing so you would need to narrow it down to ones where nobody is really doing that and someone who is well liked enough for people to buy things. Then you can tweet your drawings to them in replies, you could maybe choose a few people or things and over time people will notice you then you could start to sell things when you have enough followers.

There is a girl who supports the same team as me https://twitter.com/madebyfrankie who used to just draw players of the team and people followed her and then she started selling prints of the drawings then over time started to sell tshirts, stickers, mugs and stuff. Because she knows a lot about the team she knows what people are interested in and would buy like strickers - soccer fans have a culture of buying team stickers and sticking them everywhere so it's a smart thing to sell. There was also drama recently when Celtic played Lazio, Celtic are a left-wing team sympathetic to Palestine etc and anti right-wing/fascist and Lazio fans are mostly right-wing fascist types and Celtic fans took a banner of Musolini being hung upside down to the match. It became a big thing in the media and then in the away match Celtic scored in the last minute and the player did a cartwheel and it became a meme of a picture of him upside down that he was mocking Musolini and she did a drawing of it and the next day after the match was selling socks, tshirts, mugs etc with the drawing on it and it became very successful for her. She now does very well selling stuff and also making commisioned things for people who want things made for them like for kids bedrooms and stuff.  She also got recognised by the Scotland National Team and has designed many Match Programme covers(like magazines for matches) and also for the female National team.

Over time once you start to make money and obviously will become more experienced in what type of things sell you could branch out into more and more different stuff and maybe eventually just be a known good artist in your city who can make anything that people want as well as sell your own stuff.

Absolutely beautiful!!! Like everyone else has said, you're so talented :defeated: idk anything about Zelda (my dad game me a game for xmas but I haven't played it yet) but that's super pretty, maybe I'll give the game a chance lol

Ooh, which game? :flutter: ♥ And I'm really flattered to hear that my drawing makes you wanna try the game, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Like Barry said, there's defitnely soom room for you for drawing/painting on kids rooms or public even public spaces !

In France there is currently a huge demand for this kind of art : companies of any sizes ask more are more of this stuff. In my city I have already seen walls decorated by local artists in places like : cafés, airports, libraries, workspaces, creches and ofc homes.

Go for it  :P

Late night rough doodle of Kevin Parker of Tame Impala. I’ve been listening to The Slow Rush a lot since its release on the 14th and thought I’d try to draw him and play with my markers again.

RDm4WTD.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I almost forgot to share it here too - just something quick I made after the Nintendo Direct with Animal Crossing: New Horizons news. They said they’ll have a “NookLink” app and, well, since I’m a Zelda nerd, this is what popped up in my mind lol.

9eqAFZB.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png