Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana at the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA - January 26th, 2020

Another short interview from the Grammys with Extra. They actually note on something sort of interesting about how this record was being received differently than her previous records.

Lana: "I feel like the way [the record] was received was so different, almost like it was received the way most things are for other people, so I feel like the reasons why are always revealed later. Maybe it is like a little more accessible."

Also, here's Ben's livestream from the carpet - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Lana: "I feel like the way [the record] was received was so different, almost like it was received the way most things are for other people, so I feel like the reasons why are always revealed later. Maybe it is like a little more accessible."

Huh?

I don't get it. Who speaks Lanz? I need a translation.

e7Riu76.jpg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Huh?

I don't get it. Who speaks Lanz? I need a translation.

I think she is saying the reception of the record (among fans, critics, GP?) was so different to what she'd had with her previous work; it was more like what she perceives her peers (Ariana, Taylor etc) receive when they release an album. She might be referring to the critical fanfare and unanimous praise. 

So she thinks she is the only one that never gets that praise, then basically alludes to that idea that the reasons why it was received so openly as opposed to her previous (just as good works) will eventually reveal themselves. Then guesses it was because she made very accessible music this time, rather than previous albums.

Maybe it's her clumsy way of acknowledging she sold-out/didn't work too hard on this album and got a lot of praise but isn't really sure why. 

3lfQEhw.png

I think she is saying the reception of the record (among fans, critics, GP?) was so different to what she'd had with her previous work; it was more like what she perceives her peers (Ariana, Taylor etc) receive when they release an album. She might be referring to the critical fanfare and unanimous praise. 

So she thinks she is the only one that never gets that praise, then basically alludes to that idea that the reasons why it was received so openly as opposed to her previous (just as good works) will eventually reveal themselves. Then guesses it was because she made very accessible music this time, rather than previous albums.

Maybe it's her clumsy way of acknowledging she sold-out/didn't work too hard on this album and got a lot of praise but isn't really sure why. 

Thanks.

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

To me, it sounds like she's admitting that she made a "safe" album but it seems like a strange admission so I doubted my interpretation.

I hope I'm wrong because I really don't want her to think that making another safe album is a good idea. DON'T DO IT, LANZ. :icant:

To me, it sounds like she's admitting that she made a "safe" album but it seems like a strange admission so I doubted my interpretation.

Yes I'm with you . . . it also comes across as externalising and playing a bit of a victim. If we've interpreted it right, she's essentially saying "Oh haha usually everyone HATES my work which is very sophisticated, so it's so unexpected and random that people now like it!" 

:hooker:

3lfQEhw.png

Yes I'm with you . . . it also comes across as externalising and playing a bit of a victim. If we've interpreted it right, she's essentially saying "Oh haha usually everyone HATES my work which is very sophisticated, so it's so unexpected and random that people now like it!" 

:hooker:

And she's really not wrong with that. We love a passive agressive remark towards the media  :teehee:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Thanks.

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I hope I'm wrong because I really don't want her to think that making another safe album is a good idea. DON'T DO IT, LANZ. :icant:

low key hoping this brings back some of lana's old spark, I want her to go all FUCK IT femme fatale always on the run!!!!!!! does she know she is watering herself down???? am I assigning a role on to her ??? 

low key hoping this brings back some of lana's old spark, I want her to go all FUCK IT femme fatale always on the run!!!!!!! does she know she is watering herself down???? am I assigning a role on to her ??? 

I mean she didn't win, so hopefully she does exactly that. 

I agree with most of this - except with the part about selling out or not working hard. I don't think she compromised her artistic integrity and I don't think she was being lazy in writing the album. I do think she made choices that ended up crafting a more safe and accessible sound, not because she wanted mass appeal, but because

(1) she wanted something more timeless, raw and bare-boned in the vein of those Laurel Canyon singer-songwriter records she feels so drawn to and inspired by

(2) the safe, warm and almost comforting essence of most songs reflects the vision she seeks for her own life, which just so happens to be relatable to many of us who feel increasingly displaced and at unease in our chaotic and confusing socio-political spheres.

Just speculating tho. 

i hope next time she gets noms she doesnt even fucking go! the satisfaction of just seeing her picture up there because she doesnt give a fuck! lana now is the time to not give a fuck! i loved seeing taylor and beys pics up there... the grammys dont deserve such presences anymore. its a joke award show. industry plant contest. winning a grammy is on the same level as a teen choice award i believe ...  :hooker:  :hooker:  :hooker:

i hope next time she gets noms she doesnt even fucking go! the satisfaction of just seeing her picture up there because she doesnt give a fuck! lana now is the time to not give a fuck! i loved seeing taylor and beys pics up there... the grammys dont deserve such presences anymore. its a joke award show. popularity contest. winning a grammy is on the same level as a teen choice award i believe ...  :hooker:  :hooker:  :hooker:

ultimate serve: pulling up to the red carpet for a cute lil interview and photos and then getting back in her limo and driving away to have a good night with her actual friends and family

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

A woman wore the same dress at the Baftas. Hilarious!

sksksks Jayne-Ann Tenggren, producer of 1917.

Good on the designer Aidan Mattox, at least! Getting lots of exposure x

49487673901_6d875b6a8c_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS