Kurac na Biciklu

Coronavirus: COVID-19

so.... pubs and bars (no nightclubs yet) are reopening in england tomorrow and this is an absolute recipe for disaster. 44,000 deaths with more happening every single day, 576 new confirmed cases just TODAY, gyms still aren't open, children's parks still aren't open, many workplaces (including my own) still aren't open yet because of the high level of risk, mandatory face masks on public transport, my local cinema still isn't ready to open up... but because our government are ridiculous feckless tory bastards, they wanna open up pubs.

stupid people that don't care about covid + booze = second wave.

i spent almost ALL my free time in pubs and bars pre-covid and i miss it more than anyone but MAN, this is insane. the funny thing is, now all pubs and bars have to abide by a tonne of rules:

• no loud music so that people can talk at a normal volume rather than shouting and potentially spreading droplets
  • strict social distancing measures in place
  • no large groups
  • dance floors to be filled with seating so that people can't congregate there, no dancing
  • no payment by cash
  • lots of places taking pre-bookings and keeping contact details to trace where the virus is going if any staff or patrons get infected

i don't know what's more delusional... the idea that pub landlords will actually keep those rules in place (they won't), or the idea that customers will abide by them (they won't).

maaaan, i miss going out and drinking and having fun so much, but it's just too early and with all these rules in place as well as the horrible fear of this virus it wouldn't even be any fun. no meeting up with groups of friends, no hugging people, no talking to new people, no smoking areas... it's not even worth the risk.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

don't even know where to start rn. 

went out for a walk in the neighborhood. some people just aren't wearing masks, and I'm so disappointed. it's- 

people shouldn't need any further incentive to be wearing these thing when goin' out. we're literally banned from the world to travel as everyone else opens up its. if ur gonna be selfish, leave others out of it. 

UV/Honeymoon

so over a week ago my dad was possibly exposed to the corona virus as he was working with someone who tested positive, if you saw my status update you would know he refused to get a test and just started to pretend like he has it. its very ridiculous. now that was 2 days ago and he still is showing 0 symptoms and everyone else in my house is feeling fine. at this point its safe to assume we are not infected because the chance we would all be asymptomatic would be a miracle. i was also with my friends 4 days ago and they all feel fine as well. clearly its evident that my father does not have this virus. so this friday i planned to go to my friends house (just us 2) and my sisters were also going to their friends house. he is now calling us irresponsible because we "might have the virus". does this make sense to anyone? he refuses to take a test and confirm if he has it, so he puts it on us to act like we do have it. the local testing center is LITERALLY 4 minutes away and they get ur results back within 30 minutes. i am extremely annoyed with his blatant disregard. if anything, he is being irresponsible. we need to know incase he is positive so i can tell my friends i was with 4 days ago and my mom can contact her work, instead as he refuses to get a test because he is too scared i assume, he is making us live like we do have the virus and limiting us. and because he refuses to get a test i cannot confirm to my friends and make them aware nor can my mom confirm to her work. so we all sit around like fucking idiots because my father thinks he has it even though he was exposed over 10 days ago and still showing no signs of symptoms. according to my father, me and my siblings are the irresponsible ones as if he cant go and get a damn test right this second and confirm once and for all. seriously, am i being irresponsible? 

just needed to get this out! whew

so over a week ago my dad was possibly exposed to the corona virus as he was working with someone who tested positive, if you saw my status update you would know he refused to get a test and just started to pretend like he has it. its very ridiculous. now that was 2 days ago and he still is showing 0 symptoms and everyone else in my house is feeling fine. at this point its safe to assume we are not infected because the chance we would all be asymptomatic would be a miracle. i was also with my friends 4 days ago and they all feel fine as well. clearly its evident that my father does not have this virus. so this friday i planned to go to my friends house (just us 2) and my sisters were also going to their friends house. he is now calling us irresponsible because we "might have the virus". does this make sense to anyone? he refuses to take a test and confirm if he has it, so he puts it on us to act like we do have it. the local testing center is LITERALLY 4 minutes away and they get ur results back within 30 minutes. i am extremely annoyed with his blatant disregard. if anything, he is being irresponsible. we need to know incase he is positive so i can tell my friends i was with 4 days ago and my mom can contact her work, instead as he refuses to get a test because he is too scared i assume, he is making us live like we do have the virus and limiting us. and because he refuses to get a test i cannot confirm to my friends and make them aware nor can my mom confirm to her work. so we all sit around like fucking idiots because my father thinks he has it even though he was exposed over 10 days ago and still showing no signs of symptoms. according to my father, me and my siblings are the irresponsible ones as if he cant go and get a damn test right this second and confirm once and for all. seriously, am i being irresponsible? 

just needed to get this out! whew

i get your point and you're right with what you said but get a tested yourself so you and your family know if y'all are infected or not

giphy.gif

i get your point and you're right with what you said but get a tested yourself so you and your family know if y'all are infected or not

yea i did consider that so me and my sisters called the local testing center but because im only 17 i cannot get tested without parental permission (the parent must be there) and my dad is too scared to leave the house and my mother for some reason said "if anyones going to be tested its your dad"... also unsure why shes being weird about it too. i told my sisters to go and get a test but they havent even bothered to themselves. but luckily another day has passed and none of us are showing any symptoms. its been 12 days since my dad was "exposed" so i can only assume we are not infected. but i did end up cancelling my plans for this weekend just to be safe.

I just checked in with the stats after quite a while and I'm so shook.

In Australia we are well into a second wave which came so fast. Where I live there is not much active but there's a high chance it will be soon. People are starting to give up following isolation and social distancing.... I wouldn't have a problem doing it again tho, despite not wanting work at home again.

New Updates (24/08/20):

New Zealand has extended lockdown in Aukland until Sunday, as they contain a large cluster of cases (about 50 community cases). President Trump called the new cluster of cases in NZ a "big breakout, that we wouldn't to happen here". 

Meanwhile, the US is on a downward trend, with 36,000 cases reported on August 24th (compared to the 50,000+ daily cases reported last week). 

Russia is pushing it's vaccine on it's population, with backlash from the global health community. 

Trump is considering fast-tracking the UK Oxford Vaccine for the American public ahead of the November election. 

Italy has also began testing it's vaccine candidate on volunteers. 

Public Health Authorities believe a global vaccine to end the pandemic will not be available before Autumn 2021, however rich countries in the West could have a vaccine as soon as this winter. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, Barry said:

When do people think this will pass and we will go back to how it was before? :pft:

At some point, but creating a vaccin takes a lot of time because of laws. Still if there will be a vaccin, the virus will evolve. 

We’re already changed in our way of living and I think that will last

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

4 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

At some point, but creating a vaccin takes a lot of time because of laws. Still if there will be a vaccin, the virus will evolve. 

We’re already changed in our way of living and I think that will last

Yeah it probably will, I just can't wait till things go back to normal now but it doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon maybe not even for another year or longer.

1 minute ago, Barry said:

Yeah it probably will, I just can't wait till things go back to normal now but it doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon maybe not even for another year or longer.

It’s sad, I know :(

Dutch researchers hoped a vaccin would be available by the end of this year to test.

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

What’s with all this talk about “it’s never going away”? Ofc it is. They said the same thing about polio and cholera. 

Yes, our way of life may change in a few ways (did you know Paris’s wide avenues is a result of limit cholera spread in the late 1800s?). Our airports may be more secure, and going thru the TSA may now include a temperature check as standard procedure. Our luggage will be sanitized thru checkpoints, and the general population may be more aware of hygiene and hand-washing; but we certainly won’t be living in fear (on a general level) after a vaccine is released—just look at how quickly NZ went back to normal in the few months they were covid free, with packed stadiums of 20,000 ppl! 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, Mer Boy said:

What’s with all this talk about “it’s never going away”? Ofc it is. They said the same thing about polio and cholera. 

Yes, our way of life may change in a few ways (did you know Paris’s wide avenues is a result of limit cholera spread in the late 1800s?). Our airports may be more secure, and going thru the TSA may now include a temperature check as standard procedure. Our luggage will be sanitized thru checkpoints, and the general population may be more aware of hygiene and hand-washing; but we certainly won’t be living in fear (on a general level) after a vaccine is released—just look at how quickly NZ went back to normal in the few months they were covid free, with packed stadiums of 20,000 ppl! 

Big difference is that NZ had a well-functioning leader. In America, we've got a President with worms for brains. 

2 hours ago, Mer Boy said:

Most countries can't exactly be isolated the way NZ can, considering it's a relatively small island country. Plus, NZ doesn't let anyone in without a strict quarantine, which simply wouldn't be possible in most European countries, for example, where many people have to cross borders on a daily basis for their job. You're right, of course, that we'll be back to normal rather quickly once a vaccine is available. 

This being said, I still find it ridiculous that we somehow decided to completely ruin our economy just because of a relatively tiny amount of people dying from COVID-19 (or dying with COVID-19, to be precise), compared to other diseases. Most people aren't even aware there's one to three million deaths because of Malaria alone every single year, for example. We should've just properly protected the elderly and people with pre-existing conditions instead and let everyone else wear a mask in public transport and sanitise their hands etc., and just moved on with our lives. Oh well. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif