Kurac na Biciklu

Coronavirus: COVID-19

4 hours ago, honey dew said:

So cute to see people in here who are both lipsters AND compassionate voices of reason who have not joined the black-and-white-thinking brigade 🫡 I see you ladies

:heart: I try not to let the "noise" influence me

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

Lets see if i curse this site again by bumping this thread a second time :creep:

I have some thoughts and also want to clarify some things i spoke about on here last. 

About the vaccines not making a difference in the end as to whether or not people get covid: i think the vaccines made a great difference with the initial strain of Covid, probably all the way up to Delta. Its really been Omicron that changed things. Since most people got Omicron where i live, from the Dec 2021- August 2022 waves, its easy to look at that and generalise it to all of the strains, when we simply.shouldnt.do.that. Also, people have been way less vigilent with masks and social distancing since Christmas, and that has played a huge part in how big the 2022 waves have been. 

About unvaxxed people maybe getting covid less than vaxxed people: there are several other things that might be making this the case. Firstly, unvaxxed people were cut out of going places, to work and events in my country. They were therefore waaay less likely to get it from simply being isolated. And isolation is THE best way to avoid getting it. 

About the vaccines maybe not even protecting people from getting long covid: again, unfair for me to say that with all the different strains. If more people got infected with Omicron because of its higher infection potential, of course there will also be larger numbers of people who then get persistent symptoms. If it ever seemed like all the people i know who also got long covid were vaxxed, thats because most people, by far, in my country are vaxxed.

I also want to say, i fully support people making their decisions based on data and research. That includes people who want more data to come out before they decide to get vaccinated. Afterall, i made my decision to get vaxed based on the success of all previous vaccinations in stopping disease spread. 

I also really appreciate the people who can admit that governments have not handled this well and have given up on pushing the importance of masks, hygiene and social distancing, not even bothering to encourage isolation when people are sick anymore, and have replaced those concerns with repeating over and over that the best thing we can do now is get vaccinated. Getting vaccinated is only one of the many things we can do for this particular virus, and dropping one measure leaves a massive hole for leaks. Being critical of the government does not make someone antiscience or antivax for gods sake.