Kurac na Biciklu

Coronavirus: COVID-19

I don't understand the panic buying either, either you are going to die from it or you are going to not get it and be fine or get it and be fine, so you don't need any more stuff than you normally do.

I don't think people are buying everything in case they get sick, they're buying everything in case the Government declares a mandatory quarantine and they can't get out of the house to buy any products. Some are also buying because they're afraid there will be less production of some goods.

Hi, I am here with you too. :)   Its beggining to get crazy around here also.

Today I needed some alcohol to put on a cut I made on my finger and NO store had alcohol !  My finger was bleeding all over the place 

so I used aguardente . :P  LOL  - It´s like Portuguese Vodka for those people that don´t know this. It has alot of alcohol too, like "Moonshine".

Were you at the beach today? Did you see alot of people?

I couldn´t go, had to work.  The weather was excellent for the beach.

I didn't! I live 10 minutes away from tons of beaches but I don't think it's a good idea right now. Even sitting in a esplanada seems pretty weird to me in a time like this.

But I'm talking about this in Carcavelos:

img_384x255$2020_03_11_16_15_25_622338.j

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

fuck that im going to festivals im going to beaches im doing it all when the summer comes... i wish this corona thing would end already, the media is milking it to shit

.. imagine how tired we are

People saying the UK will move to "Phase 2" tomorrow shutting schools, sporting events and large gatherings and stuff :(

wait... what about work? suddenly i stan this... we love to see it!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I literally don't think this Corona situation is as big as the media says it is. I mean in my country we have dengue so we're not strangers to this kind of stuff. Still going to Lollapalooza and I'll have a ball  :fabcat:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

In Italy we are not allowed to get out of the house. Everything is closed. Everything. Only supermarkets, pharmacies and hospitals will keep on working. We can not move from city to city and in the city without bringing with us a certificate that is for working or health reasons. Any other kind of movement is not allowed.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

11 people have it in the town that my dad works. that seemed like a lot to me for a small town so i said "no you mean 11 cases in the whole state right?" and he said "no, 11 in the town. get educated." lmaoooo my dad telling me to get educated made my day

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

fuck that im going to festivals im going to beaches im doing it all when the summer comes... i wish this corona thing would end already, the media is milking it to shit

.. imagine how tired we are

wait... what about work? suddenly i stan this... we love to see it!

I would normally be happy with it to but im a Celtic fan and we are going for our 9th League title in a row and also this would be our 4th season in a row of winning the "Treble"(all 3 domestic trophies) so im panicking that they could stop the season and ruin it for us :rip: :crai:

i’m from texas and nothing has really happened here. so can like someone explain is this like when everybody got the swine flu in 2009 or is this worse

I think corona is a little bit worse because it spread faster than h1n1, and it got a global pandemic status in a shorter amount of time. But I think we will have a vaccine soon... the vaccine for h1n1 was manufactured eight months after the virus spread and since the corona situation is already getting alarming I'm sure they are working as fast as they can for a vaccine.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i wish people would be this crazy about antibiotic resistant bacteria or the climate change. scientists warned us about these things years, if not decades ago and the same people ignoring that are now buying massive amounts of hand sanitizers and face masks. just shows people's fears and opinions are controlled by the media and are only interested in what affects them directly and what not.

I'm so done with this mediocre boulevard level media coverage this corona thing is getting, instead of well researched articles backed with reputeable sources, we get mass-hysteria and no useful information.

I work in an office, but my sister is in retail and I'm so sacred for her in a few ways -

1. She is heavily exposed to the public which means she's at a higher risk.

2. She's had to deal with customers being extremely abusive BC they can't get hand sanitizer, toilet roll ect. Apparently one of her mates got called the hard c word BC they had no stock left :rip:

3. Her work place has not given her or her colleges ANY safety precautions what so ever and there union rep who is supposed to deal with such issues like this has gone AWOL.

My Mum and Dad are both over 60, so they are at a higher risk to. They both have medical problems and I'm really worried for the pair of them.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Fucking Trump closing borders to Europeans when we have a 3 weeks long trip to the West Coast planned in July that's supposed to be the trip of my lifetime... Pure first world problem but I'm so angry and sad 

ZKcaooE.png

In Italy we are not allowed to get out of the house. Everything is closed. Everything. Only supermarkets, pharmacies and hospitals will keep on working. We can not move from city to city and in the city without bringing with us a certificate that is for working or health reasons. Any other kind of movement is not allowed.

Can you at least leave the house to buy milk or groceries? 

This all sounds scary.

i’m from texas and nothing has really happened here. so can like someone explain is this like when everybody got the swine flu in 2009 or is this worse

I live in NYC. 

The best I can do is wash my hands, carry sanitizer and walk everywhere. I stopped getting on subways and buses for the past week.

Our government is currently holding a press conference and events with more than 500 attendees will be cancelled until the end of May (that also affects me bc we had concert tickets for next month). Like I mentioned before, last evening 69 people were reported to be infected but the number has gone up to 109.

Personally I'm thinking about how this will affect my job as I'm a movie theater employee and my incomes are already low. Apparently The Social Insurance Institution is prepared to compensate salaries to those set in quarantines. Obviously we'll most likely lose a lot of customers because of this so we'll probably do something but I'll just have to wait and see. I heard that someone working in the same shopping center has the virus so it's getting closer.

My sister works in a nursing home and they've been instructed to measure their temperature when coming to work and to stay home if they have any kind of signs of flu. She's pregnant with her second child so obviously she's quite worried how the virus can affect those who are pregnant and so am I...

I think corona is a little bit worse because it spread faster than h1n1, and it got a global pandemic status in a shorter amount of time. But I think we will have a vaccine soon... the vaccine for h1n1 was manufactured eight months after the virus spread and since the corona situation is already getting alarming I'm sure they are working as fast as they can for a vaccine.

It's apparantly really easy to make vaccines it's just they need to test them and test them again and again and again on 10s of thousands of people and monitor them for a while before they can fully release them. It's because sometimes the vaccines don't work right and cause the virus to become worse which has happened before so most likely a vaccine has already been made that will work but really they don't like to release them for a long time until they know they are ok for everyone.