takeitdoen

takeitdoen's Audio Covers

I am making a lot of these recently so I thought why not dedicate a topic to it! 

Fine China

Spoiler

Yes to Heaven

Spoiler

Radio

Spoiler

Without You

Spoiler

Love Song

Spoiler

The Next Best American Record

Spoiler

Lust for Life

Spoiler

Angels Forever

Spoiler

Lucky Ones

Spoiler

Let me know any requests . . . it's fun to do in my spare time :)

3lfQEhw.png

Dude , this rocks !   :gclap:

You have a cool talent. Great voice. Its always interesting to hear Lana´s songs sung by someone, specially

with a male´s voice. It is a totally diferent song. You pulled it off very nice.

Congratulations !

You should go on that TV show for new talents! Get a record deal.

giphy.gif

Cheers

MAX

-

Heck thanks @MXDH @Creyk @maxthehitman 

Very kind of you all. I just enjoy singing these since I love them so much. Let me know if there's any that you might want to hear . . . I guess I have a lot of time now thanks to quarantine!! 

3lfQEhw.png

I love the lyrics of the demo so I stayed in my pyjamas today and sang this:

I kept on fucking up the lyrics and I was so loud I was worries that @@YUNGATA was going to hear me across the city. so I'm not totally happy with its but glad to make it! 

3lfQEhw.png

@takeitdoen

Didn't hear you but one of my neighbours was singing Let It Go from Frozen for like half an hour in their backyard so there's that :creep:

nice cover btw!

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Better be my all time fav Radio

I'll be looking forward to it :kiss2:

it's you, it's you, it's all for you 

I was going to sing a bit of Young and Beautiful at the end ("I know you will, I know you will" etc) but literally changed my mind while I was singing. It really struck me how sad this song could be interpreted too, and a little spiteful?

Also for ~PRIDE MONTH~ I did Lucky Ones with "boy and boy meet by the grand design" because I am getting a little sad at how queer men are presented in media as being plagued by tragedy all the time. Maybe this time they can just be LUCKY? 

@takeitdoen

Didn't hear you but one of my neighbours was singing Let It Go from Frozen for like half an hour in their backyard so there's that  :creep:

nice cover btw!

Thank ya. When I lived in Brisbane the school across the road from my house used to use 'Let It Go' as the bell between classes so I really, really feel this story in my bones.

3lfQEhw.png

it's you, it's you, it's all for you 

https://youtu.be/1iAFanH6mdY

I was going to sing a bit of Young and Beautiful at the end ("I know you will, I know you will" etc) but literally changed my mind while I was singing. It really struck me how sad this song could be interpreted too, and a little spiteful

Yeah this song can be so versatile. I still remember that one interview where she said this one was about a guy that came back into her life and her life was sweet cause he came back.

Amazing cover hun

Now, another request: marry me lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

That cover is Lucky Ones is amazing. I feel like you captured every nuance in her voice perfectly from the album version, I love these stripped-down covers of songs. The Lust For Life one was good too.

@@sweetlikecinnam0n well, they say that the world was built for two . . .

@@Creyk thank you! The song is obviously not in my range but it's legitimately just adorable. I wanted to catch the cheeky vibe of the demo, which sounds a lot more romantic than the album version (which I still really like, but it's a little too demure). 

PS I also did a few other non-Lana covers of some of my other favourite artists...

3lfQEhw.png

Wanted to cover this for a while because it's my favourite Lana - and I got VERY EMOTIONAL at the third chorus lmaoooo. I posted this in lyrics but "I guess they really got the best of us, didn't they? / They said that love would be enough, but it wasn't" my favourite lyrics by Lana. The idea that love is supposed to be the force that conquers all, but we actually exist under this divine prank that we cruelly only find out about when things fall apart.

:sadcore6:

and I still love him

---- 

I'm gonna cover Wild One next (and Sky Full of Song by FATM) and I think I'll be done for a bit - but who knows in isolation . . . 

3lfQEhw.png

wait... waIT... WAIT.... you're a beautiful man omg

I wanted to say the same but didn't wanna take away from the covers and all that but whatever  :hdu: Cuuuuute.