Elle

Lana cancels EU/UK Leg of the Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour

Theory... maybe she got a viral infection from the vape (super common) and the doctor advised her to stop vaping so she’s withdrawing from nicotine. I was a long time smoker and when I quit I legit felt like I was coming down from crack. Who knows tbh

I'm going to try to have some empathy for her. We know how kind and forthcoming she has always been with her fans, so the decision to cancel an entire leg of a tour and disappoint around 125,000 people who support you cannot be easy. Also what happens to the crew that produce the show?

She cannot control being ill. However hiding behind a press release and being completely silent regarding a cancellation that affects a show with not much more than 24 hours advance notice is not a good look.

I had tickets to the London show and I'm pretty unfazed. Although Lana is my favourite artist and I have never seen her perform before, I would not expect this show to place within my top 5 concert experiences. Her shows appear to leave a lot to be desired. Plus I got off easy, I would have been at work all day the same as every other day then got the train shortly before the show and turned up just before. I feel bad for people who planned trips around her concert dates.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Not by any means saying we should bully her....... but this is a great chance for HEAPS of us to express our disappointment and dissatisfaction with how her she has handled a lot of things in her career the past few years. Not only has she cancelled last minute almost every time she’s cancelled now, but the level of unprofessionalism is starting to exceed that of a “celebrity tired of being a celebrity”. She’s a grown ass woman who is intelligent and KNOWS she should not be handling things like this. All I’m saying is, if we’re hard enough, we can instill change

this. How can anyone look forward to a Lana show anymore? It’s the same set list, same lifeless dancers, same uncoordinated band, same lazy ass woman singing the only songs she can remember from her catalog, and a bunch of unmannered and feral gays screaming at her.

A few years ago I would disagree with this and fight to you with all my power but now...  Nothing will change tho. As byron said why would they change things if people keep coming to every single show. 

Gutted doesn’t even come close. I’m gonna need therapy.

giphy.gif

It could be so many things - it’s hard to speculate. It could simply be a viral illness, it could be nicotine-related, or she could be taking time for her mental health (and not wanting the world to know that). As long as she’s not pregnant with the police officer’s baby. :troll:

Locolanalove saying this isn't about the vape when the girl can't even sing shades of cool anymore.. a falsetto note not even a regular high note, I swear instagram Stans are so far up lana's ass 

i will love you until the end of time.

Sounds like something that’s been slowly developing for some time now, you know? Vaping can damage vital immune system cells, making her more vulnerable to all the crap in the air right now. We have seen her struggle a lot this tour, so, honestly, why is anyone even remotely surprised?

Bummed out for some of you that were expecting to see her these upcoming weeks, though.

But also, worried. 

I mean, look what happened to Elton John. 

source.gif

Could really just be an illness though or two different ones back to back. Around August-September I remember having a cold/sore throat like thing for like 5 or 6 weeks. Seemed to have it for 3 weeks then it went away then came back for another 3 weeks. First time it ever happened to me and it really only affected my throat and voice not my nose or other cold type symptoms.

yes but whatever she has will be affected by her heavy vaping. Even if that wasn't the primary cause of her illness, it will make it harder for her to recover quite honestly and it most certainly didn't help her in avoiding the illness in the first place.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

some news/hints at rescheduling would be nice but main priority is that lana makes a full recovery

I honestly don't think she will reschedule after recovery, she'll probably skip the solo EU leg and do only June. She will probably come back on her own when she would come back anyways, if that makes sense.

Also, her website is a MESS. Only the EU dates show up for me and they didn't take down the ones that got cancelled.  :crossed: The way this was communicated is dissapointing. I had to check several sources before understanding where it came from, since her main channels are all silent about the matter.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif