Elle

Lana cancels EU/UK Leg of the Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour

You guys, so I was in Amsterdam for the concert and I didn't believe that Lana cancelled the concert, so I Sneaked my way inside the venue, and sure enough, Lana, the girls, and the band were all in there, tripping hard on those Amsterdam mushrooms/weed cakes. I got arrested after that.

I'm so happy for you wow that sounds so special  :flutter:

locals only

When fans say they don’t feel excited to see her shows or consider not going because they know it’ll be a lackluster, something has to change. I know we’re like one 1% of Lana’s fan base or something, but we’re some of the most dedicated stans, and if Lana and/or her management really lurk on this forum, I hope they see how fans feel about this and actually do something. Something is just wrong, it shouldn’t be like this. We began complaining about the pre-recorded back vocals in 2017 and if this continues, with Lana casually strolling around on stage with a half-eaten peach in her hand and only puts on a real show in LA, I’d start to worry about the upcoming shows/years if I were her managers.

This attitude her band members seem to have, that nothing needs to be changed because people will still come to the shows, that’s dangerous. They can only play so many shows before people who has seen them once or twice starts considering spending their money on other artists or things. There’ll always be fans out there who hasn’t seen her yet and will do anything to go if they get the chance and there will be stans who will go to every show, but some of us won’t go unless something changes.

I don’t know... I just don’t think this is good at all. And like all of you have already said, she really should’ve tweeted or made a post on IG that she’s sorry for canceling the shows on such a short notice. We’d still be mad about it, but at least it would’ve looked like she really cares.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

So my story is:

I had flown into Paris specifically for the concert. Coming from a ‘3rd world country’ I had spent weeks preparing papers to apply for a VISA + booking hotel rooms and tickets in the context of a new economical crisis in the country.

But i was worth it. I was going to see Lana again after so many years (Last time was in 2013 when she came to my country)

And I was SO damn excited. I didn’t care that her shows were lazy and that her voice wasn’t the best lately. I just wanted to SEE her, to be in the same space as her, to watch her move

I was listening to her music nonstop for months to express my excitement

And then this happens. It was like a slap in the face. I was so heartbroken.

Not just bc it was cancelled but I’m heartbroken because I lost all the admiration I had for her. I don’t idolize her anymore. But I think i needed this to happen because my obsession was getting out of hand.

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

So my story is:

I had flown into Paris specifically for the concert. Coming from a ‘3rd world country’ I had spent weeks preparing papers to apply for a VISA + booking hotel rooms and tickets in the context of a new economical crisis in the country.

But i was worth it. I was going to see Lana again after so many years (Last time was in 2013 when she came to my country)

And I was SO damn excited. I didn’t care that her shows were lazy and that her voice wasn’t the best lately. I just wanted to SEE her, to be in the same space as her, to watch her move

Not just bc it was cancelled but I’m heartbroken because I lost all the admiration I had for her. I don’t idolize her anymore. But I think i needed this to happen because my obsession was getting out of hand.

Omgggg nooooo I’m so sorry!!! :( :( :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

When fans say they don’t feel excited to see her shows or consider not going because they know it’ll be a lackluster, something has to change. I know we’re like one 1% of Lana’s fan base or something, but we’re some of the most dedicated stans, and if Lana and/or her management really lurk on this forum, I hope they see how fans feel about this and actually do something. Something is just wrong, it shouldn’t be like this. We began complaining about the pre-recorded back vocals in 2017 and if this continues, with Lana casually strolling around on stage with a half-eaten peach in her hand and only puts on a real show in LA, I’d start to worry about the upcoming shows/years if I were her managers.

This attitude her band members seem to have, that nothing needs to be changed because people will still come to the shows, that’s dangerous. They can only play so many shows before people who has seen then once or twice starts considering spending their money on other artists or things. There’ll always be fans out there who hasn’t seen her yet and will do anything to go if they get the chance and there will be stans who will go to every show, but some of us won’t go unless something changes.

I don’t know... I just don’t think this is good at all. And like all of you have already said, she really should’ve tweeted or made a post on IG that she’s sorry for canceling the shows on such a short notice. We’d still be mad about it, but at least it would’ve looked like she really cares.

Agreed. I don't think I'd pay for another concert ticket again - the only thing that would push me is peer pressure tbh. When £60 is the least amount you can spend on tickets, it's ridiculous to view the tickets as payment just to be in her presence. You're paying for a show. No one expects (or wants) her to put on a show with costume changes and high energy dance routines, but the passion and effort that was there in her earlier tours isn't an unreasonable thing to want or expect. The email with her statement is so disheartening too. There's a reason people are speculating that she's not actually ill. She doesn't seem to care about performing anymore if it's not the hollywood bowl  :noparty:

locals only

So my story is:

I'm sorry to hear.

She's apparently sick and lost her voice. She didn't cancel the tour intentionally, so why are y'all butt hurt. Imagine you were sick and had to sing on stage, how does that work?

I'm sorry to hear.

She's apparently sick and lost her voice. She didn't cancel the tour intentionally, so why are y'all butt hurt. Imagine you were sick and had to sing on stage, how does that work?

We are not ‘butt hurt’. Being butt hurt implies that we are unjustifiably upset, and obviously we have every reason to be.

If she were so devastatingly sick, I doubt that she didn’t know earlier. Cancelling last minute and completely disappearing is plain rude.

No one is blaming her for being sick (which we are not sure of anyway), we are reprimanding how she handled the situation. But it’s ok, I was like you, I used to be in denial refusing to admit when she did anything wrong and I’m assuming that you’re not as affected by the cancellation as many of us are

I'm sorry to hear.

Because:

1. Apparently, the venue had known since Monday.

2. She was seen out and about between Tuesday and Thursday - she even FaceTimed a fan.

3. The tour leg was cancelled on Friday, via a very brief email.

4. It's now Monday. She hasn't put anything on social media, and nor have either of her managers.

Absolutely nobody is suggesting that she should be performing whilst sick. It's about how it was handled.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I'm sorry to hear.

maybe you have low standards when it comes to the professional artists you stan, but there's ways and ways to handle the cancellation of a tour in an entire continent, and hers so far has not only been disrespectful but also extremely unprofessional, so it's not surprising that fans are "butthurt". people, including me, had made plans around a concert date for months, lost airfare and accommodation money, not to mention the frustration of a last minute cancellation.

it's not like we're asking her to release medical records or personally apologize to every single fan, at this point most of us would probably be satisfied with a heartfelt ig post mentioning the cancellation - you know, literal bare minimum shit.

What’s beyond me though is that whenever she’s around fans she’s the sweetest. How can she be acting so careless now?

What’s beyond me though is that whenever she’s around fans she’s the sweetest. How can she be acting so careless now?

That's why I have a feeling the problem is more psychological than physical. If she has throat problems she can still be on the 'Gram and just take it easy. If she's in psychological distress it might be too much for her to let us know.

But hey I'm trying to make excuses for some reason. It's so much easier to sympathize when you know what's up. As if we wouldn't be understanding, whatever it is. 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

That's why I have a feeling the problem is more psychological than physical. If she has throat problems she can still be on the 'Gram and just take it easy. If she's in psychological distress it might be too much for her to let us know.

But hey I'm trying to make excuses for some reason. It's so much easier to sympathize when you know what's up. As if we wouldn't be understanding, whatever it is. 

tbh if it's a psychological problem i understand not wanting to disclose it, and even a physical problem - health is a private matter & being a celeb doesn't change that, i don't feel entitled to know precisely what's up. what i do feel entitled to is to something, anything, that shows some professionalism and understanding of how much this situation sucks for so many people & that the decision wasn't made on a careless whim. if she's too unwell to type it up herself, she can ask someone from her team, a sibling, a friend, whoever. anyone can get sick & be unable to go ahead with their professional commitments, but essentially ghosting thousands and thousands of fans as a result is a really bad look for her & her team.

edit: personally i was not mad at all when the announcement came; i was disappointed, sure, but i know these things happen & i was confident she'd address it soon on ig and/or twitter. it's as the days progressed & it became clear she wasn't going to say anything that i started getting increasingly annoyed at her lack of professionalism and, frankly, respect for all the fans she let down.