Elle

Lana cancels EU/UK Leg of the Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour

This is such a mess.. I don't know if she will be able to recover from this one with the fans.

jocelyn-wildenstein-april-19991.jpg

....but her hair looked fantastic.

Omg let's not take it there please :rip:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I don’t know guys, I don’t think we can say she’s lying because she can talk fine in the video. She’s supposed to rest her voice which means not straining it; so no singing or ted talks for like 60 minutes straight. I think it’s fine if she speaks for a few seconds or minutes in a normal tone, that should be alright? I’m glad she’s not like having a sore throat like how you can get when you’re having the flu when everything hurts to eat and you sound horrible when speaking. No one said her voice was super bad or not. The information to the ticket buyers simply said she had to rest her voice, which I still believe she’s doing.

What I do think is shitty since day one is that they didn’t announce the canceled shows earlier (especially if they canceled their hotel rooms - they had known for a while then that this tour leg wouldn’t happen) and that it took Lana days to film a video, saying she’ll find a way to make it up to the ticket buyers (when we know she won’t) and then go on mentioning future shows. Like, ok. But wouldn’t it have been better to say that you’re really sorry for the canceled shows and that you’re working on booking new dates? Future shows are fun for us who aren’t attending and are curious of what she’ll wear (and perhaps the setlist I dunno) but won’t do much to the ones who didn’t get the show they had planned months for. :crossed:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

the whole handling of the cancellation has been a total shitshow, but speculating about the veracity of her health problems is truly nagl. there's lots and lots to criticize without veering into "omg she's lying about her illness!!" territory with 0 proof.

I just rewatched it and did she really say that she's sorry they "didn't know" right up until the day... sure :creep:

This whole thing is such a mess. I feel like people here (and on IG) forget that casual fans make up a much bigger proportion of the fanbase. I wonder what all this looks like to people that barely know her real name.

locals only

I just rewatched it and did she really say that she's sorry they "didn't know" right up until the day... sure :creep:

This whole thing is such a mess. I feel like people here (and on IG) forget that casual fans make up a much bigger proportion of the fanbase. I wonder what all this looks like to people that barely know her real name.

Well, I talked to people about the cancellation of the concert in Amsterdam (I would have gone), but nobody questioned anything. Singers get sick too. I think especially them.

Well, I talked to people about the cancellation of the concert in Amsterdam (I would have gone), but nobody questioned anything. Singers get sick too. I think especially them.

I know a casual fan who's really annoyed at how it's being handled - he picked up on the whole 'not being properly addressed' thing right away. With her having so many eyes on her recently I just kind of hope that no one in the media looks too much into this. Essentially ghosting your fans for a week after cancelling a whole leg of the tour isn't a good look, no matter how you look at it. 

locals only

Kinda disgusting that y’all are trying to talk about her mental health. She had definitely prove her illness to the concerts managers

What are you even talking about? A few people have mentioned she seems off or down ... "disgusting"? Hardly. People are concerned, if anything. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

ok.... i feel bad and i think i'm gonna get torn to shreds for saying this and i'm trying my best to word it as kindly and reasonably as possible (especially bc mercury is in retrograde rn) but...

that video actually made me feel worse about the whole situation  :toofunny:  i was anticipating her saying something because it took her long enough so in some ways i'm glad she finally did, but coming onto instagram looking fine, sounding fine, with obviously freshly done lip and cheek fillers (surely if you're super ill the last thing you'd want is needles in your face? and if you have no voice you could possibly also have a cough, so needles around your mouth area might be something of a risk, no? of course i'm not a doctor so i don't actually know, but regardless wouldn't you just wanna focus on resting up anyway?) and giving a nonchalant "i'm sorry" only to then go on and essentially say "but hey look at all these other cool shows i've got coming up that you won't be able to go to because they're on the other side of the world!!  :party: " then making the utterly laughable statement "of course i'll make it up to you like i always do", particularly when the official statement given by the venue already confirmed there would be no rescheduling....... girl.

i'm sorry, i hope i'm not being too hard on her and i guess i should be relieved she at least acknowledged the situation, but tbh... today was supposed to be my show so i'm def feeling extra sensitive today  :icant:  like i woke up in such a sad mood because of it hahah.

idk, i'm not sure what i really expected her to say. maybe just something a little more personal and heartfelt. she honestly sounds fine to me and the fact that, as Rorman mentioned earlier, she was likely out hiking with alex and val (as well as being spotted out and about seeming fine prior to the cancellation of the shows) just makes me struggle to put two and two together. that's not to even mention the fact we pretty much know that the venue and crew hotels etc knew about these cancellations a while before we did. the whole situation is naturally bound to be upsetting, but i feel this video did very little to make it any better and, in some people's cases (mine  :flop: ), actually made it kinda worse.

that being said, these things do happen. the neighbourhood, for example, recently postponed their entire march uk tour all the way to november. could be a mental health situation, an illness other than what she told us or maybe she really has lost her singing voice! whatever the situation, i do genuinely hope she's okay. i don't begrudge her cancelling shows for the good of her health (presuming that is the case) and i'm wishing her all the best and a super speedy recovery. i just wish this video had made me feel better rather rather than worse on what would have been the day of my show.

I agree

and I feel your sadness too   :(

-

“She falls silent. A waft of brass floats by and mingles with her cigarette smoke. I think about her live shows, such as the outdoor one she's due to play later that night, during which she'll respond to the constant screams – her fans are too busy taking photos to applaud – by letting her band jam away for 20 minutes while she wanders the photo pit, posing for selfies with fans in the front row. Surely during those moments she must love what she does.

"No," she says. Then after another drag from her cigarette she looks down towards the busy street below and says. "I don't know what I think. All I know is that, right now, I like sitting here, on this terrace." She leans back and, for a moment, looks completely content in the silence.”

I stumbled upon this interview today from The Guardian 2014, I read this part and thought it would be interesting to share in the lights of this tour cancellation

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

“She falls silent. A waft of brass floats by and mingles with her cigarette smoke. I think about her live shows, such as the outdoor one she's due to play later that night, during which she'll respond to the constant screams – her fans are too busy taking photos to applaud – by letting her band jam away for 20 minutes while she wanders the photo pit, posing for selfies with fans in the front row. Surely during those moments she must love what she does.

"No," she says. Then after another drag from her cigarette she looks down towards the busy street below and says. "I don't know what I think. All I know is that, right now, I like sitting here, on this terrace." She leans back and, for a moment, looks completely content in the silence.”

I stumbled upon this interview today from The Guardian 2014, I read this part and thought it would be interesting to share in the lights of this tour cancellation

You are quoting words from the very worst moment of her life, at least since she’s famous

this is what her ass gets for smoking its so nasty, I hope the fans that defended her smoking ass 24/7 are happy

anyways im happy because she will rest her voice and shell get a new one, hopefully her doctor advised her a vocal coach cause her technique is non existent

If I remember correctly, she once said she wouldn't like to get coaching because her singing style gives her voice this unique quality. Anyone else remembers?

sometimes lana enjoys doing shows sometimes she doesn’t like doing shows, sometimes her job is more enjoyable for herself sometimes she doesn’t want to do anything for a month, i feel like some of u forget that she is a normal person that doesn’t have one mode put into her brain but has mood swings and everything that comes with being human and having emotions.

the cancelation was fine she wouldn’t even need to post a video of her saying anything if the statement would have been better and she had additionally posted it on her instagram or something like adele did (who is the queen of cancelling)

i76mrxw.png 

Uhm I'm pretty sure she cancelled because of coronavirus. A lot of singers are cancelling or postponing concerts because of it here in Europe (other than in Asia); also considering in Italy there is the third biggest outbreak after China and South Korea I wouldn't be surprised. People here in Italy are really worried, especially in Northern Italy many places are closed now, including schools and those that are open like restaurants and malls are almost empty and basically all events have been cancelled.

Here infected people are almost 900, one week ago there were only like 100 so is spreading fast and here you can feel people are really anxious about it even though I think it's not that serious and they're are exaggerating a bit.

✧・゚:* ヽ(*・ω・)ノ*:・゚✧

Uhm I'm pretty sure she cancelled because of coronavirus. A lot of singers are cancelling or postponing concerts because of it here in Europe (other than in Asia); also considering in Italy there is the third biggest outbreak after China and South Korea I wouldn't be surprised. People here in Italy are really worried, especially in Northern Italy many places are closed now, including schools and those that are open like restaurants and malls are almost empty and basically all events have been cancelled.

Here infected people are almost 900, one week ago there were only like 100 so is spreading fast and here you can feel people are really anxious about it even though I think it's not that serious and they're are exaggerating a bit.

by the time she cancelled there were still only a few cases in Europe, thats deffo not the reason. Going by this logic, shed have cancelled here show in Verona already since thats so close to Milan

image.png

It’s pretty obvious Lana doesn’t care about us anymore. She’s doing the same thing she did with her friends pre fame. I remember when I was able to see her Facebook, she allegedly deleted all of her friends phone numbers and just ghosted everyone and I’m sure she’ll do the same to us one day. She’ll escape to some secluded place in California, never seen again :defeated:

lilkimxchapelle.png