Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Life & Style: Lana Del Rey is ‘Taking Some Time to Focus on Music' following split from Sean Larkin

I understand what you mean,  but that was back in the late 1990s and early 2000s.  Depending on what the artists want

for their record sound , Rubin can deliver and is very knowledgeable in many types of music styles.

He has produced many types of sounds, the list of albums he has worked on is HUGE. Much more than most producers.

The only songs he has worked on with Lana are "Ride" and "Doing Time", which I personally like the sound quality very much.

Its just an idea.  

I agree with you 100%, Ride is incredible and I'd love to see what else they could produce together.  FYI, Rubin has a songwriting credit on Doin' Time, but he did not work on Lana's version.

26vMNDz.gif

I guess this might be kinda creepy but what I like about Lana's music is that it's easy to link the lyrics back to real people/experiences. Then again, nearly all of the people she's dated in the past ten years were public figures so there's that. Still, it makes the music so much more heartfelt and personal as a fan.

Let's see what you got this time around Lana!

Lights, camera, accion

She'll do it on her own

Don't need the po-po (no no)

To get her what she wants...

:legend:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

I guess this might be kinda creepy but what I like about Lana's music is that it's easy to link the lyrics back to real people/experiences. Then again, nearly all of the people she's dated in the past ten years were public figures so there's that. Still, it makes the music so much more heartfelt and personal as a fan.

I agree

I agree

So an "insider" leaked some hot news to Life & Style? This sounds so bogus. Vague info and the source seems extremely suspect. (Not the ever wonderful Elle but Life & Style) Hard to believe a true "insider" would pick Life & Style to be the outlet for breaking news, "Lana is making music based on her personal experience!!" 

Oh wait I just heard this from one of my trusted sources,

"Lana Del Rey has an album in the can but will delay release for 18 months just because she can't do anything on schedule!"

You heard it here first!!

(On a more serious note much love and best health to everyone)

I really want for this album to ditch that quiet and safe production she had in the last few records & get better & richer sound

...you think NFR is quiet and safe compared to BTD or am I reading this wrong?

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I really want for this album to ditch that quiet and safe production she had in the last few records & get better & richer sound

NFR might be more « stripped back » (although I was pleasantly surprised when it came out: I though most of the songs would have even less production than what we got, based on the snippets). It think the songs have many layers, but in major tones (She did ask Jack to not go too crazy on the production).

HM was lush production wise, just all in minor tones.

LFL has a very big production: everything is in major tones and has many layers, even the songs we say are « basic ».

I guess I’m easily pleased when it comes to her. All of her records are different and that what I love about them.