Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

my current ranking:

1. Off to the Races

2. Born to Die

3. Lolita

4. Diet Mountain Dew

5. Radio

6. National Anthem

7. Video Games

8. Million Dollar Man

9. Carmen

10. Summertime Sadness

11. This Is What Makes Us Girls

12. Dark Paradise

13. Blue Jeans

14. Without You

15. Lucky Ones

this was so hard! I actually really love every single track of BTD :deadbanana: 

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Uhm. Emile Haynie had a q&a on insta and someone’s asked him about his fav BTD song and Emile replied: „Without You is slept on. Unless you’re Taylor Swift.” We have to stan this man and wish he worked with Lana again. 

giphy.gif

On 29/03/2020 at 11:01 PM, Marius12 said:

We have to stan this man and wish he worked with Lana again.

He did! That's why Love is the best song on Lust for Life :) But yeah I would love him to come back for another album. High as Hope was such an amazing album and showcased a completely different side of him and I'd love Lana's mature lyrics and melodies be visited by him!

and my ranking of BtD

1) Video Games

2) Summertime Sadness

[Every other song]

14) Carmen

15) This is What Makes Us Girls

3lfQEhw.png

Burning Desire is now on Spotify!!

Honeymouns said on Insta that this are all remastered versions of the songs and yeah like I said above Burning Desire is on the special version

Here a Screenshot:

https://imgur.com/KlEwmY0

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Burning Desire finally available for the first time on Australian Spotify. I hope we get a 'Special' edition for Ultraviolence that includes Flipside. 

I'll give it a proper listen to later, but it sounds like they didn't fix the audio fuck up in Lucky Ones which was the only thing I noticed that was a mistake on the album. AH WELL.

I wish it had some alternative artwork but awesome! 

nxbcIKZ.png

3lfQEhw.png

Maybe they're trying to give Dark Paradise a push since it's getting viral on Tik Tok

Is this Special Version available in any DSP where lossless quality is available? 

8nl2OpX.png

Burning Desire is on Amazon now too. Yas! Fuck those exclusive-track-deals!

It's one of the most memory-charged-tracks from Paradise for me and I was only sad that it was rarely overlooked due to the stupid Itunes exclusiveness.

Seems like they renewed the licence-deals for Paradise, as it wasn't on Spotify in multiple european countries for a while now. Nice!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This was so out of nowhere..so typical for Lana... :giggle:

Now we need an Ultraviolence Special edition so that Is this Happiness and Flipside would be finally on Spotify

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

What do they mean by "remastered".....? I mean it's 8 years old lol, I don't think it needs to be remastered (?)

Anyway, I'm happy they finally put Burning Desire! I hope Ultraviolence is next so we can finally stream Is This Happiness. I would have loved a Born To Die "special version" with BTD outtakes as Kinda Outta Luck or You Can Be The Boss tho

. we get crazy every friday night .

This seems like a label's move to keep making money from BTD, and would make sense as Lana hasn't said a thing about it. May it help her to release the poetry album and the next music one without problem, at least.

Does anyone think the actual music sounds any different? Like it's supposed to be remastered which means they've like edited the sounds and stuff? It sounds kinda the same to me but I do feel like the strings are kinda louder in "Born to Die" but I could just be imagining this?