Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

25 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

can someone explain why btd is getting so many streams? is it the tiktok croquettes? 

9 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

It's a mixture of

- BTD's singles have always being kinda popular in general

- SS getting viral

- Lana getting more popular so some people are discovering her now so more fans streaming her (and casual listeners like her most accessible albums like BTD and NFR)

- BTD streams are counting the Paradise edition too so even if those tracks are getting the least streams (excluding Ride which is doing good) it's her longest album so more streams in total.

Pretty much, but I think right now it's because of Summertime Sadness, since it's labeled as "The Song Of The Summer" 

3 minutes ago, sad angel forever said:

Pretty much, but I think right now it's because of Summertime Sadness, since it's labeled as "The Song Of The Summer" 

i'm so disconnected but how did they not push the remix instead? have we as a society finally achieved the ability to appreciate ss as it is? i can't believe it 

35 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

can someone explain why btd is getting so many streams? is it the tiktok croquettes? 

it's the demand honey,

the public is 10+ years late for Lana's greatness that she is let's be fucking honest :oprah2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

it's the demand honey,

the public is 10+ years late for Lana's greatness that she is let's be fucking honest :oprah2:

mentally torn between feeling happy for the recognition she's finally getting and gate keeping her from everyone

Just now, House of Balloons said:

mentally torn between feeling happy for the recognition she's finally getting and gate keeping her from everyone

I personally cantt even care less about these tiktok kids nowadays start to act special from knowing her music (tho some of them do some clown shit) but at the end of the day homegirl is gettting her COINZ so i'm happy for her regardless :xcry:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i get what you’re saying but it would be horribly out of place, i don’t feel like she should have to randomly add popular leaked tracks just for streams, her streams are already really great right now

i never intended it so she could get streams i know she's fine i just want the songs + more success for her... her albums are already doing the work for her due to her timelessness literally by the end of the year i bet she's gonna be in the top 3 most streamed female artists

1 hour ago, Big Star said:

if only this dumb bitch had JUST put Trash Magic on a 10th anniversary deluxe it would've been 100mil...

Reveal hidden contents

imagine ALL the BTD unreleaseds... would've been about 1 billion :wink:

think bigger: how about her releasing the whole A.K.A album with "Trash Magic", "Disco" & "Wayamaya" as bonus tracks

3 hours ago, House of Balloons said:

i'm so disconnected but how did they not push the remix instead? have we as a society finally achieved the ability to appreciate ss as it is? i can't believe it 

Thank god. Haven’t heard the remix since 2013, let’s keep it that way

28 minutes ago, Brow Bone said:

I LOVE croquettes theyre so good tik tok actually doing smth interesting while promoting her music. Cooking playlists are the best 

This took me a fat minute :omfg2:

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

3 hours ago, Big Star said:

i never intended it so she could get streams i know she's fine i just want the songs + more success for her... her albums are already doing the work for her due to her timelessness literally by the end of the year i bet she's gonna be in the top 3 most streamed female artists

yeah, i get what you mean, we all want lana to receive the recognition & love she has always deserved, i’m sorry if my initial post came off as harsh

WGe8ynS.gif

20 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

yeah, i get what you mean, we all want lana to receive the recognition & love she has always deserved, i’m sorry if my initial post came off as harsh

dw icon ur good :party:

The longevity, always breaking her own records :hype:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I am listening to BTD atm... haven't listened to the entire album in years. It makes me feel stuff. 

Says it fels like heaven to him :illumilana2:

Only worth living if somebody is loving you, baby now you do :heart:

Baby luv me cuz i'm playing on the radioOo :thankyou:

She says "you don't wanna be like me, don't wanna see all the things I've seen" :crai:
...so why is my heart broke?? :krylie:

I even think I found God in the flash bulbs of the pretty cameras - am I glamorous, tell me am I glamorous? :grinds:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

On 4/19/2019 at 12:50 AM, niandra lades said:

Ranking to me goes:

1) Born to Die

2) Video Games

3) Blue Jeans

4) Without you

5) Off to the Races

6) National Anthem (Demo included)

7) Million Dollar Man

8) Dark Paradise

9) Summertime Sadness

10) Diet Mtn Dew

11) Radio

12) Carmen

13) Lucky Ones

14) Lolita

15) This is what makes us girls

❤️

3 years have gone by so I think it's time for a new ranking: 

1) Born to Die 

2) Video Games

3) Summertime Sadness

4) Off to the Races

5) Blue Jeans

6) National Anthem 

7) Without You 

8) Radio 

9) Diet Mtn Dew

10) Carmen 

11) Dark Paradise

12) Lolita

13) Million Dollar Man

14) Lucky Ones

15) This is What Makes Us Girls 

Love the whole album. Nothing personal against Dark Paradise I just dislike the production of the song but I appreciate it anyway.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

Ellie Goulding doing a 10th anniversary edition for halcyon days….

i cannot believe Ben & Ed, the men behind this, future nostalgia moonlight ed,&  DL complete ed didn’t get us a btd 10th anniversary edition.. especially with how much they care about streaming numbers & achievements 

39 minutes ago, brandon said:

Ellie Goulding doing a 10th anniversary edition for halcyon days….

i cannot believe Ben & Ed, the men behind this, future nostalgia moonlight ed,&  DL complete ed didn’t get us a btd 10th anniversary edition.. especially with how much they care about streaming numbers & achievements 

We can still get it in November with the Paradise Edition :oic3: they vinyl doesn't need to be done to announce it but since it would probably overlap with LDR9 in the case that it happens the release date would be far.

The anniversary edition of Electra Heart was announced in April but was shipped like a week ago :thumb2:

Either way, if nothing comes out it's 99% Lana not wanting to cause it would sell really well so I'm sure Interscope has at least asked her to do it

giphy.gif