Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

1 hour ago, brandon said:

Ellie Goulding doing a 10th anniversary edition for halcyon days….

i cannot believe Ben & Ed, the men behind this, future nostalgia moonlight ed,&  DL complete ed didn’t get us a btd 10th anniversary edition.. especially with how much they care about streaming numbers & achievements 

Artists have even been doing 5th anniversary vinyl releases recently. They don’t even have new songs most of the time. It is just a special edition vinyl. I don’t see why Lana would care about another vinyl version being released for BTD when Chemtrials had like 10, so it’s strange that they didn’t release anything for it. 

43 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Either way, if nothing comes out it's 99% Lana not wanting to cause it would sell really well so I'm sure Interscope has at least asked her to do it

see this is what i was thinking too but then.. summertime sadness (sped out) came out so😭

and if she approved that i’m sure she wouldn’t be totally against songs like you can be the boss, serial killer, etc being released esp since they were performed live quite a bit

1 hour ago, brandon said:

Ellie Goulding doing a 10th anniversary edition for halcyon days….

i cannot believe Ben & Ed, the men behind this, future nostalgia moonlight ed,&  DL complete ed didn’t get us a btd 10th anniversary edition.. especially with how much they care about streaming numbers & achievements 

Although it's her most successful album, I can imagine Lana foregoing it because she doesn't want to be reduced to that one debut album. I think a 10th anniversary edition (if any) of e.g. Honeymoon or actually Paradise would be more likely. 

13 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Although it's her most successful album, I can imagine Lana foregoing it because she doesn't want to be reduced to that one debut album. I think a 10th anniversary edition (if any) of e.g. Honeymoon or actually Paradise would be more likely. 

even if she did a 10th anniversery edition of paradise with just hollywood (reproduced to fit more with paradise) and body electric (rock version aka the paradise tour version)

id be happy... also use the unphotoshopped cover of the paradise album cover for it.

6 hours ago, BrokenBoy said:

I think we can undoubtably say that Lana Dey Ray AKA Lizzy Grant is a legendary debut album.

I agree!

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, baddisease said:

I agree!

Both are masterpieces if I'm being serious. AKA definitely has higher highs....I mean, Raise Me Up 2nd verse alone....

Truly, honestly, one of her best unreleased songs. This gives me such an immense feeling of euphoria. 

1 hour ago, BrokenBoy said:

Both are masterpieces if I'm being serious. AKA definitely has higher highs....I mean, Raise Me Up 2nd verse alone....

Truly, honestly, one of her best unreleased songs. This gives me such an immense feeling of euphoria. 

This is one of my top favourite unreleased songs from Lana of all time dare i say. But I dont think she'd put any of these kinds of old poppy-sound songs into her official projects. But if she makes a cute little "pop collection" compilation album consists of these cute fun pop songs - which she has HEAPS in her unreleased vault - i'll be living.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

21 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

This is one of my top favourite unreleased songs from Lana of all time dare i say. But I dont think she'd put any of these kinds of old poppy-sound songs into her official projects. But if she makes a cute little "pop collection" compilation album consists of these cute fun pop songs - which she has HEAPS in her unreleased vault - i'll be living.

I've been saying for the longest it would be amazing if she released a collection titled "LANA DEL POP" with all of those classic poppy unreleased songs. A boy can dream.

But yeah, Resistance is so fucking good. Someone in the comments said it sounds like a rom-com movie soundtrack song and I agree but in the best way of course. It just evokes such a good, fun and playful feeling when I listen to it. I play this song daily. 

And to think I just discovered this song in the last few months! Whew. One of the best things about being her stan, there's always new content. I have not listened to ALL of her unreleased, there's still songs sitting on my iTunes library I've never touched *but will one day hehe*

Can we all do this for fun?

1. Kill Kill vs Born To Die
  2. Queen of the Gas Station vs Off to the Races
  3. Oh Say Can You See vs Blue Jeans
  4. Gramma vs Video Games
  5. For K Part 2 vs Diet Mountain Dew
  6. Jump vs National Anthem
  7. Mermaid Hotel vs Dark Paradise
  8. Raise Me Up vs Radio
  9. Pawn Shop Blues vs Carmen
  10. Brite Lites vs Million Dollar Man
  11. Put Me in a Movie vs Summertime Sadness
  12. Smarty vs This Is What Makes Us Girls
  13. Yayo vs Without You

AKA: 5 - BTD: 8

Love Born To Die and Radio so much, I still use them, but gave Kill Kill and Raise Me Up the win because they're too good.

Carmen is really pretty, but it was never my favorite. Pawn Shop Blues is amazing.

Put Me in a Movie over Summertime cause yeah, I don't touch Summertime. Put Me in a Movie is still good to me idc.

Smarty over This Is What Makes Us Girls because I really do love Smarty, it's a fucking bop. 

And I love Yayo, specially the the AKA version, but Without You was lowkey a Tumblr hit and I still use the song a lot tbh. The chorus is beautiful. 

1 hour ago, BrokenBoy said:

Can we all do this for fun?

1. Kill Kill vs Born To Die
  2. Queen of the Gas Station vs Off to the Races
  3. Oh Say Can You See vs Blue Jeans
  4. Gramma vs Video Games
  5. For K Part 2 vs Diet Mountain Dew
  6. Jump vs National Anthem
  7. Mermaid Hotel vs Dark Paradise
  8. Raise Me Up vs Radio
  9. Pawn Shop Blues vs Carmen
  10. Brite Lites vs Million Dollar Man
  11. Put Me in a Movie vs Summertime Sadness
  12. Smarty vs This Is What Makes Us Girls
  13. Yayo vs Without You

AKA: 5 - BTD: 8

Love Born To Die and Radio so much, I still use them, but gave Kill Kill and Raise Me Up the win because they're too good.

Carmen is really pretty, but it was never my favorite. Pawn Shop Blues is amazing.

Put Me in a Movie over Summertime cause yeah, I don't touch Summertime. Put Me in a Movie is still good to me idc.

Smarty over This Is What Makes Us Girls because I really do love Smarty, it's a fucking bop. 

And I love Yayo, specially the the AKA version, but Without You was lowkey a Tumblr hit and I still use the song a lot tbh. The chorus is beautiful. 

kill kill vs born to die

queen of the gas station vs off to the races

oh say can you see vs blue jeans

gramma vs video games

for k part 2 vs diet mountain dew

jump vs national anthem

mermaid hotel vs dark paradise

raise me up vs radio

pawn shop blues vs carmen

brite lites vs million dollar man

put me in a movie vs summertime sadness

smarty vs this is what makes us girls

yayo vs without you

my first post here in ages being so completely off topic lol :true:

mUENGN9.png

Born to Die reaching over 4M streams in a day for the first time ever! The longevityyyy! Xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

We need to collectively give up on a BTD 10-year anything it’s not coming

She acknowledged blue banisters, she HAS to acknowledge BTD tenth anniversary. Her most iconic album. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Not acknowledging the 10th anniversary was one of the most disrespectful things she’s done, even if she hated the album she should have said something at the minimum. People have bought and supported BTD all this time it’s a special album for many of her fans and still on the chart to this day.  She should have done a re-release no doubt about it,  Ben fell asleep again on this one.  Her mind and behaviour baffles me sometimes.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance