Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

I think her label wants to market it as a single product so it makes sense for her to acknowledge the BTD-P anniversary...

Though they sound like completely different .. I expect a new vinyl dropping with few deluxe unreleased like QoD/Serial Killer/Hollywood + the new single along with it.

Didn't she have a single slated for the summer acc to Insiders?

I don't think she will drop Rockefeller.. she's gonna save it for the album for everyone to collapse 

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Not acknowledging the 10th anniversary was one of the most disrespectful things she’s done, even if she hated the album she should have said something at the minimum. People have bought and supported BTD all this time it’s a special album for many of her fans and still on the chart to this day.  She should have done a re-release no doubt about it,  Ben fell asleep again on this one.  Her mind and behaviour baffles me sometimes.

tell them!!!!! you spilled:kiss3:

10 yrs is kind of early to be releasing a big special anniversary edition of an album. i imagine btd probably won't get an anniversary edition til at least the 25th anniversary. i feel like lana will ignore paradise's anniversary next month just like with born to die. blue banisters probably only got acknowledgment bc it is so new still. but i do think lana will announce the first single from ldrx as soon as some of the hype around midnights has died down. hype lasts a little longer with taylor albums than with other artists so it might not be til december. lana's team are probably waiting & letting lana gain some more streams & new fans from this before an announcement. but i do think the single will at least be announced this year even if it comes early next year. but i would like to believe we will have a short wait between the lead single and the album release this time. but lana is unpredictable so who knows. i would not be surprised if she looks at our predictions just to do the opposite lol

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

42 minutes ago, the new snow song said:

10 yrs is kind of early to be releasing a big special anniversary edition of an album. i imagine btd probably won't get an anniversary edition til at least the 25th anniversary. i feel like lana will ignore paradise's anniversary next month just like with born to die. blue banisters probably only got acknowledgment bc it is so new still. but i do think lana will announce the first single from ldrx as soon as some of the hype around midnights has died down. hype lasts a little longer with taylor albums than with other artists so it might not be til december. lana's team are probably waiting & letting lana gain some more streams & new fans from this before an announcement. but i do think the single will at least be announced this year even if it comes early next year. but i would like to believe we will have a short wait between the lead single and the album release this time. but lana is unpredictable so who knows. i would not be surprised if she looks at our predictions just to do the opposite lol

Kendrick Lamar just released a 10th anniversary vinyl of GKMC and Phoebe Bridgers released a 5th year anniversary vinyl for Stranger in the Alps. It’s really common for artists to do that now because of how popular vinyl has gotten. Ellie Goulding did something for the 10th anniversary of Halcyon, and she has the same mangers as Lana. I don‘t think the amount of time has anything to do with them not releasing one for BTD. 

13 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Kendrick Lamar just released a 10th anniversary vinyl of GKMC and Phoebe Bridgers released a 5th year anniversary vinyl for Stranger in the Alps. It’s really common for artists to do that now because of how popular vinyl has gotten. Ellie Goulding did something for the 10th anniversary of Halcyon, and she has the same mangers as Lana. I don‘t think the amount of time has anything to do with them not releasing one for BTD. 

lana's a little old fashioned so i do not think what is common now is of any relevance. lana would probably prefer to wait instead of cashing in on it as soon as possible. it would be much more exciting for us to get a special edition with demos & outtakes further down the line anyway.  plus born to die has already had plenty of random vinyl rerelases so lana probably sees no reason to rush another especially since she knows fans have most of the demos already as it is whether she likes it or not.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Sorry to go off topic but since we're discussing reeditions:

I think BTD 10 anniversary edition didn't happen cause she doesn't want to officially release any demo/outtake from BTD and releasing a new edition with just remixes would be kinda pointless and she knows it (considering there's already a lot of versions of BTD/P).

I know she sang You Can Be The Boss before releasing the album and Serial Killer + Us Against The World on tour but other than that she seems over that kind of music (which is sad but I understand it).

I still hold onto hope for a special megaedition of BTD+P with songs from both eras tho...  :hide: but if it was coming next month on the anniversary we would know by now I guess

giphy.gif

59 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Sorry to go off topic but since we're discussing reeditions:

I think BTD 10 anniversary edition didn't happen cause she doesn't want to officially release any demo/outtake from BTD and releasing a new edition with just remixes would be kinda pointless and she knows it (considering there's already a lot of versions of BTD/P).

I know she sang You Can Be The Boss before releasing the album and Serial Killer + Us Against The World on tour but other than that she seems over that kind of music (which is sad but I understand it).

I still hold onto hope for a special megaedition of BTD+P with songs from both eras tho...  :hide: but if it was coming next month on the anniversary we would know by now I guess

It's true of any artist with one or more huge hits or 'signature song,' whether it's the Rolling Stones and 'Start Me Up,' Blondie and 'Heart of Glass,' 21 Pilots and 'Stressed Out,' Jeff Buckley and "Hallelujah,' Lorde and 'Royals,' etc. Imagine spending the next 30 to 40 years of your life having to sing 'Landslide' over if you're Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks. Success can be a trap in so many ways. 

Lana may choose the songs she sings on tour based on the easiness of performing them, especially since she doesn't have a strong concert hall voice, and/or she may select the ones she feels inspired by in the moment, and/or her most recent material, that doesn't feel beaten to death yet. We know she performs 'Video Games' a lot, as fans expect and want it, but she also lets the audience do most of the singing. 

5 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Im still amazed this woman has a massive legacy whilst only debuting in 2011? CRAZY-she’s genuinely reaching legend status whilst doing bar none of the promo or appearance work to stay relevant as her peers. Give it another 5 years and she’ll be cited by all of the upcoming artists.

and all of this whilst making music that isn’t very commercial.

I agree. She really has been a dark horse, with huge influence and ever-increasing respect from her peers, yet the American general public has never heard her name.  

I also agree that she probably doesn't have much she'd like to add to an anniversary edition of BTD/P, especially since many of the songs cut or considered from it have leaked, and she didn't like most of the production on BTD itself anyway. Also, let's face it, BTD has at least several weak filler songs, and she probably doesn't want to place any additional emphasis on those.

I think she'd rather draw public attention to the kind of music she's writing now, like WFWF or 'Hope.' 

13 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I also agree that she probably doesn't have much she'd like to add to an anniversary edition of BTD/P, especially since many of the songs cut or considered from it have leaked, and she didn't like most of the production on BTD itself anyway. Also, let's face it, BTD has at least several weak filler songs, and she probably doesn't want to place any additional emphasis on those.

I think she'd rather draw public attention to the kind of music she's writing now, like WFWF or 'Hope.' 

exactly, it was iconic but she definitely moved on and releasing songs about that time doesn't make sense in my conception 

5 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

exactly, it was iconic but she definitely moved on and releasing songs about that time doesn't make sense in my conception 

Maybe in 20 years she'll feel differently, when she really feels distanced from it. 

8 hours ago, flamingpie said:

this would be a dream :icant: 10th does seem a little too early for it and i'm okay with waiting for a later anniversary but then again i doubt i'll live long enough to see it lmao

and for lfl anniversary she should release the earlier darker, witchy and more rock-ish version she had for it originally

its the perfect opportunity to properly release all of the gems she and barrie created. attaching old songs to a new album like she did with blue banisters - its just doesnt work the way she thought it would ... 

On 10/29/2022 at 5:40 AM, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

It's so weird to me that we never got a 10th Anniversary BTD but still got sped up SS

we all died when ss sped up dropped :horror2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

14 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

we all died when ss sped up dropped :horror2:

We will get reborn when the first single from LDR9 drops:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I love this album sm , I can't put the love I feel for it into words :trisha:

it's the soundtrack of my early teen years. It will always hold a special place in my heart ❤️

I've had it playing all evening and all the memories are flooding in , just wanted to share that :ohno:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Wait I just checked and none of BTD bar summertime went top 10 in US? Surprising, lots of the singles are top 10 in UK

yeah lana has never had much luck chartwise over here d867d6c7cfae3e1928344c24734c9d11c0266fb3