Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

Happy birthday to the original queen!!! All of our lives changed 11 years ago today, even if we didn't know it yet :crying4:

Just blasted this gem from start to finish and it sounded as fresh as it did on day one, what a brilliant record with so many layers that have taken the general public years to uncover.

Happy 11th Birthday  to an iconic unique  timeless classic :oprah::wowcry:

She really did that :trisha:

It's kinda crazy this album turns 11 :oprah2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Happy birthday, Born to Die! Radio, Off to the Races, Video Games, Born to Die, Million Dollar Man, and Without You...you will always be my favorite girlies

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Happy birthday, BTD!! :wub: I cannot believe this album is already 11 years old. By far one of the most iconic albums of the 2010s

imageproxy.jpg

I remember that day buying it at Target so clearly. I was just a boy :crying4: can’t believe it’s been 11 years since then. It’s my favorite and lucky number ️ 

Edit: I just texted my partner (whom I met a few months before BTD came out) about the anniversary and that I recalled that it cost almost 2 hours worth of work at the time (minimum wage was like 7 fucking dollars at the time). And she wrote me back, “Well now we’re back in the garden, we’re getting high now because we're older” and I fucking lost it 😭 We’re getting stoned tonight to celebrate. 

The first thirty seconds of this album has to be one of the greatest sonic moments ever recorded. The crazy opening strings, that unbelievably sick beat, and then the voice. I swear the first time I heard her sing "feet don't fail me now" I truly felt the meaning of :air:

To this day, the whole record makes me feel larger than life. It's a huge announcement, but also evasive and perplexing. And the melodies are so, so gorgeous. Happy birthday, Born To Die. One day Lana will love you as much as she did before she made Paradise :oprah: I'll be jamming in the meantime.

Most Iconic album of all time, changed my life forever. I remember thinking the music is just something else compared to what anyone else is making. Walking home from school with my cheap ass earphones blasting national anthem and Off to the races. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, Pnin said:

I remember that day buying it at Target so clearly. I was just a boy :crying4: 

I remember walking to Target from my house in mid June 2013 to buy my copy too :xcry:

44 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

The first thirty seconds of this album has to be one of the greatest sonic moments ever recorded. The crazy opening strings, that unbelievably sick beat, and then the voice. I swear the first time I heard her sing "feet don't fail me now" I truly felt the meaning of :air:

best opener of an album PERIOD

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRshNusL/  check out this BTD tiktok edit. happy 11th birthday to the most influential album of all time :rock:

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

I posted a somewhat long story on my Insta regarding Born To Die (with a lot of various references :wink:). I can’t even begin to explain how much love I have for this album, it’s so beautiful and one of my favorite- if not my favorite albums. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°