Beautiful Loser

Born to Die - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Born To Die?

• Born to Die
    • Off to the Races
    • Blue Jeans
    • Video Games
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • National Anthem
    • Dark Paradise
    • Radio
    • Carmen
    • Million Dollar Man
    • Summertime Sadness
    • This Is What Makes Us Girls
    • Without You
    • Lolita
    • Lucky Ones

Maybe they're trying to give Dark Paradise a push since it's getting viral on Tik Tok

Is this Special Version available in any DSP where lossless quality is available? 

I don't get what is tik tok about. Is it like a public of snapchat for meme ?

And what are the people supposed to do with dark paradise ? Does it have something to do with covid ?

Does anyone think the actual music sounds any different? Like it's supposed to be remastered which means they've like edited the sounds and stuff? It sounds kinda the same to me but I do feel like the strings are kinda louder in "Born to Die" but I could just be imagining this?

you'll only be able to tell a difference with a remaster if you've got expensive/high-end headphones. otherwise it will sound the same

And what are the people supposed to do with dark paradise ? Does it have something to do with covid ?

girl...what? 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

you'll only be able to tell a difference with a remaster if you've got expensive/high-end headphones. otherwise it will sound the same

girl...what?

I mean, my headphones cost me like 400, everything sounds HQ, considering my headphones upscale music. Still I cant hear any real noticable difference. I feel like bass is a bit more rich. But I dont know if that's just me.

girl...what? 

I mean, why are they using that song now ? It's not like it's a new one.

I thought that maybe people were thinking the quarentine was like a Dark Paradise (Paradise because they have more free time but Dark because they are alone).

Are they just using it randomly ?

Someone really needs to clean up her spotify library, it’s a mess. There are like 5 variations of Born to Die/Paradise and Blue Jeans and Video Games are titled “Blue Jeans - Album Version - Remaster” and “Video Games - Remastered”.

qfrWuBl.png

Btw, video games (remastered) is the only song that has "remastered" in its title. And honestly, it sounds a tad bit different.

it always had that in the title, i dont think they rlly remastered it again for this “special version”, but also idk

qfrWuBl.png

I mean, my headphones cost me like 400, everything sounds HQ, considering my headphones upscale music. Still I cant hear any real noticable difference. I feel like bass is a bit more rich. But I dont know if that's just me.

it doesn't say remastered anywhere on the record aside from VG and BJ, which were remastered before, so I don't think this is anything new. they just probably put up burning desire

I mean, why are they using that song now ? It's not like it's a new one.

I thought that maybe people were thinking the quarentine was like a Dark Paradise (Paradise because they have more free time but Dark because they are alone).

Are they just using it randomly ?

has nothing to do with covid, people use old songs on there all the time for videos/lip synchs. Queen of Disaster was viral on there for a while

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

video games and blur jeans had (remastered) in their title since btd release

the difference is probably that they are remastered version of the final stranger records mixings.

anyway this has nothing to do with the label using lana for money since they won‘t get any money out of yet another paradise variant on streaming

someone just needs to clean up her streaming catalgoue from messy titles / doubling of records to the messy nfr cover.

wait what do you mean by messy NFR cover? Like is it a different version or something? I dont see what's wrong with it lol

wait what do you mean by messy NFR cover? Like is it a different version or something? I dont see what's wrong with it lol

either they're just shading the art itself or the fact that in Apple Music there is an obvious white line on the left where it looks like  abroad cropping of the artwork

Random confession: I start crying whenever Summertime Sadness comes on. 

I don't know what it is exactly, but the song just puts me in a MOOD. It feels magical, sad and exciting at the same time.

IT'S SUCH A GOOD SONG. 

Also, I've been loving watching people's "first listen reactions" on YouTube, seeing people discovering her music.

I saw this one of Born to Die and I cried WHENEVER A NEW SONG CAME ON. Lana, girl, you still got me. 

Forever stanning the Sparkle Jump Rope Queen.  :flutter:

Last night, I read something about that Carmen is another word for drugs? Some people argued for it because of the lines “they all like Carmen, she gives them butterflies”, “her mind’s like a diamond”. Thoughts? I always imagined Carmen to be a girl, a personification of Lana’s teenage years during her alcohol abuse.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png